Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWHOISDRO
Artist

Growing Marijuana Outisde
    #693488 - 11/12/13 11:33 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Greetings to all who stumble upon this thread.

I've been thinking for a while about the logistics of growing a couple plants OUTSIDE this upcoming spring. The only complication would be that I will be planting the germinated seeds in southeastern Ontaria aka locations close to toronto. I will be planting in remote locations with adequate soil composition, temperature, positioning relative to the sun, and water supply.

The complication of course the weather in southeastern ontario and the short growing season, what strain would guys recommend?
I know it will be very hard, but I believe if I throw enough seeds in habitable areas I could potentially get 1 high yield.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Marijuana Outisde [Re: WHOISDRO]
    #693494 - 11/13/13 01:49 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, your gonna need a short flowering indica and there are many good ones.

Are you planning to bring in soil or amend the existing soil? Water lines are gonna need to be run or you're gonna have to bring in water. I have yet to ever see anybody have the plants make it to harvest without watering during the growing season no matter how much natural water was in the existing area.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Growing Marijuana Outisde [Re: Magash]
    #693499 - 11/13/13 06:36 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't grown it outside yet, but G13's pineapple express is a quick finisher. I had awesome results indoors.

Like magash said there's TONS of strains available to choose from. You're gonna want to pick one that is more resistant to mold.

Quote:

WHOISDRO said:
I will be planting in remote locations with adequate soil composition, temperature, positioning relative to the sun, and water supply.

Pick your locations carefully. With quick seasons your growing conditions need to be ideal. Otherwise any quick flowering strain won't finish in time.

I don't live too far from you.... I can relate to how much a pain in the ass it is to grow outdoors in these types of climates.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Growing Marijuana Outisde [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #693501 - 11/13/13 06:53 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Unless there are important specific reason (or several) for you all to be planting in remote locations outdoors, I would be thinking "greenhouse " if I lived in y'alls neck of the woods for the outdoor cultivation of cannabis.

OfflineHipsterDoofus
Dude
Male
Re: Growing Marijuana Outisde [Re: WHOISDRO]
    #693533 - 11/13/13 12:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Pineapple kush survived end of season frosts and was bud rot proof at 42N eastern zone 6. Harvested late October and early November.

Mandala #1 finished on time with high yield. Hardy and vigorous plants with some pink phenos.

Wonder Woman is a big yielder of hard nuggets that are easy to trim. Grows a huge plant.

Aurora Indica is a lovely plant, so pretty in the fall with all its color. The red/purple foliage blends nicely into the autumn background.

Also have done well with White Widow, Swiss Cheese and Kaya gold. Gotta watch the buds closely and frequently as they ripen and mature. Bud rot appears about the same time.

Easy sativa finishes fast and dwarfing.

Guerrila's gusto yields well and goes late resisting frost and rot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck