Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedfolsch

DELETED
    #198612 - 02/22/09 01:13 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Post deleted by dfolsch

Edited by dfolsch (04/27/09 02:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMasterHerbalist
MH:Jahsun
Male User Gallery

Loc: middle a
Re: First Time Growing [Re: dfolsch]
    #198621 - 02/22/09 01:30 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Hello I am will try to answer which ones i can. where do you live north south cali? if more southern you have got more range for outdoor harvesting and planting.

1.more sun the better, some shade wont be too bad.

2. as long as the shade isnt too dark dont worry.

3. about once a week. or when it looks dry

4. male grow seeds to reproduce, female grow flowers, you want Female to ingest or inhale and male to replant(keep each apart like teenagers).

5.four to six months usually then a bit more for drying.

6.you harvest once flowered. which can be all year in pertaining conditions.

7. they will work as the being optimal i doubt.

8. obtaining that few is hard even online, i am unsure of this answer.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Growing [Re: dfolsch]
    #198662 - 02/22/09 06:13 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

1 Do they have to have strong steady sunlight throughout the day?
yes, the more direct sunlight the better.  you want at least several hours of direct sunlight.

2 Can it have shady/sunny throughout the day?
only if you can get long periods of direct sunlight for most of the day.

3 How many times would I need to water a week?
depends on how much it rains.  in total lack of rain, probably about once or twice a week.

4 What is the difference between male and female and which should I be growing?
you want females.  females grow flowers which are harvested and dried, turning into bud in your bag.  males have small yellow flowers that will pollinate females.  if this happens, the females will produce thousands of seeds that will ruin your harvest.  males = bad.

5 How long does it take from planting the seed to harvest time?
depends on your length of sunlight.  when the days start getting shorter, it will induce flowering in your plants.  figure and average of about 5 months.

6 Is there a harvest season?
after several weeks worth of flowering time, which takes place in the fall during shorter days.

7 I have a few seeds meshed in with some left over weed, will those work as seeds?
bagseeds are a great way to start out and learn the basics of growing marijuana.  i would definitely suggest using those seeds to test the waters.

8. Finally, where is the best place to get good seeds? I only probably need, 2 or 3 at most. I only want maybe 2 trees. And do they sell seeds individually?
there are many online seed vendors that sell quality genetics, but like i said before, i suggest you build up some experience with some bagseed (which more often than not will produce amazing results) to gain some experience.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules