Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Why are grow light systems shipped stealth?
    #687186 - 10/02/13 03:18 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I'm wondering why people on ebay make a point to let you know that they ship their ballast and grow light systems stealth? They are legal aren't they?

I didn't know where to post this since the site doesn't seem to have a security section like growery. sorry if this is the wrong place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Why are grow light systems shipped stealth? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #687195 - 10/02/13 06:47 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

No, but do you really want a nosy delivery man/lady knowing you're getting a light for growing hydroponics at your home? C'mon.

I live in a town with like less than 200 people. My post office lady knows me by name and we talk regularly. I get packages constantly, so I KNOW shes dying to know whats in them. Its usually just video games or something, but when I get a package from overseas and shit I know shes thinking "wtf could this possibly be?"

If she saw a box that said "HYDRO LIGHT 9001 LOL GROW THE FUCKERS SO BIG YOU CAN SEE THAT SHIT FROM SPACE!" she'd definitely profile me for the rest of the (mostly innocent) things I get in the mail.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Why are grow light systems shipped stealth? [Re: RasJeph]
    #687200 - 10/02/13 07:19 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Yea true, I guess I just live in an area where I don't know some of my neighbors lasts name or even their kids first names, and there are several families less than 50 feet away. I didn't consider the small town scenario where the post office gives a shit about you or what's in your package either. In suburbia people seem to hate each other or want excess privacy.

In some "ghettos" they can know everyone in the area and still get things like grow lights without worrying if everyone knows.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #687202 - 10/02/13 07:34 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Ya guess its a better safe than sorry thing.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#687203 - 10/02/13 07:34 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

The post office and other delivery companies teach employees how to spot signs of equipment or components that can be used for production of illegal substances.  Ras hit it on the head, these companies are helping to minimize the risk you get profiled, investigated, etc...

I never told anyone except my wife, who was also super cautious, when I had a grow going.  I never told my friends, family, or anyone else.  I just enjoyed sharing what I had when I had it.

I was involved with a group of friends who did both indoor and outdoor cult for a while.  The grows were not mine or on my property, I just helped when they asked for help.  Even then I was tight lipped because I didn't want them getting ripped or busted.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleCody
Male

Loc: South East USA
Re: Why are grow light systems shipped stealth? [Re: RasJeph]
    #687219 - 10/02/13 12:19 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
HYDRO LIGHT 9001 LOL GROW THE FUCKERS SO BIG YOU CAN SEE THAT SHIT FROM SPACE!"

I LOLed :cheers:

--------------------
Also known as Heineken on The Shroomery

Edited by Cody (10/02/13 12:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds