Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Tomato bloom spray?
    #686772 - 09/29/13 03:09 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone ever used Tomato bloom spray? Link goes to a site explaining what it is.

"Hormones
Tomato flowers produce the hormone Auxin when they've been pollinated, which stimulates the plant to produce fruit. Tomato blossom sprays contain a synthetic version of this hormone. Tomato plants sprayed with these products produce fruit without pollination, a process known as parthenocarpy."

Sounds like something good, but I couldn't find any info in regards to using it for this hobby. I still have a ton to learn in the somewhat overwhealming topic of fertilizing btw, but I know this could potentially be good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tomato bloom spray? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #686776 - 09/29/13 03:35 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Well marijuana already produces flowers without needing to be pollinated.  They are a photo sensitive plant, changes in light pattern is what induces flowering.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Tomato bloom spray? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #686784 - 09/29/13 04:44 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I was thinking maybe this stuff promotes more bud sites or sort of simulates training techniques.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #686789 - 09/29/13 04:51 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I'm gonna say hermie promoter. In tomatoes it promotes fruiting without pollination according to what I'm reading. I'm gonna guess it promotes whatever process the plant needs to do by pollination and in our plant that is making seeds.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedstark

Re: Tomato bloom spray? [Re: Magash]
    #687037 - 10/01/13 10:04 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I'm gonna say hermie promoter. In tomatoes it promotes fruiting without pollination according to what I'm reading. I'm gonna guess it promotes whatever process the plant needs to do by pollination and in our plant that is making seeds.

:happyweed:

My taughts aswell

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #687088 - 10/01/13 02:01 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Tomatoes are hard to grow because they need to be pollinated first. I tried growing tomatoes but none showed up. If you grow indoors someone told me they need an electric toothbrush/vibration on it to help stimulate it pollinating itself. Once the tomato flower is pollinated (usually from itself, a complex process) it produces the seed bearing fruit. Similar with bud, but instead of the seed bearing fruit it just grows seeds inside the flower, tuning the buds into seed.  Bud plants differentiate between male and female, tomatoes don't.

The product tricks the female part of the flower to thinking it is pregnant and fruits as normal. I'm pretty sure your not going to get much out of it for cannabis, maybe some seeds if it works on that level, but I think the plant chemistry might be too different.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Tomato bloom spray? [Re: phychotron]
    #687161 - 10/01/13 10:13 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

It was just the part about synthetic auxins that caught my attention. It's my vaigue understanding that training stimulates the plants production of auxins.

If it does create hermies of cause seeds somehow I'd actually be interested since I'd like to get seeds out of at least 1 plant. There's a way to get a plant to flower a bunch and still produce seeds isn't there?

The tomato bush I grew this year went out of control and grew like 7 feet tall and got way too heavy to support itself. I can't even see inside it to see what's growing without digging my way in.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies