Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Here we go again...... [Re: Magash]
    #687031 - 10/01/13 08:05 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

hmmmm. I may have to give those a try. They're not much more than the reflectors I'm using atm.

Can you daisy chain them or do you need a rez for each lamp?

Edit:
Quote:

Tank333 said:
Wow. That is insane, man! Now I'm going to have to switch out all my reflectors for these things!

Supposedly they are compatable with most reflectors. Not sure how you would mount that thing up inside a reflector though.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Edited by Farmer Joe (10/01/13 08:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Here we go again...... [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #689436 - 10/16/13 05:11 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

So, its gonna be a no-go for this place too. In researching what I need to set up the electricity, I found out that I cannot trust our power source. I was planning on making a sub-panel box with a 100 amp feed, but it turns out the power to this old ass farmhouse is in a breaker box that is seriously old and obsolete (for a reason). The guy at Platt Electric said the Stab-Lok breakers have been attributed to a LOT of fires, and is unsafe to use. He COULD get me the 100 amp breaker I was looking for, but it would cost about $500! Lol. Normally I would just look into replacing the whole panel, but it has the meter directly on the panel, and I'm pretty sure that to get the city to be okay with changing the panel, we would have to bring EVERYTHING in that old ass house up to code. I just don't think it will be worth it, in the long run... Plus, I doubt the guy's grandpa would go for doing that much work to the place. He wanted it to stay at quiet and unnoticed as possible...

:kingcrankey: FUCKING GRRRRR!!!!!

--------------------
My best run so far

Edited by Tank333 (10/16/13 09:51 AM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Here we go again...... [Re: Tank333]
    #689437 - 10/16/13 05:18 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

sorry to hear man.......:badmanthisfeels:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Here we go again...... [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #689816 - 10/19/13 02:26 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

So, I completely underestimated the confidence level and investment level my buddy has in this project. On a whim I called on this house that's for rent down the street, and the landlord is "looking into" whether or not she's willing to let us grow in the basement. I told him that, and his response was "Well, whatever option you think is best. I assume you'd be living there as well? We would need to talk numbers but that shouldn't be a problem."

So fucking stoked right now! I'm just waiting on the landlord's okay. This place is PERFECT? Half-finished basement with enough space for two flower rooms to flip-flop anywhere from 6-9 lights (in each room)!! Plus space for a mother/cloning room!

I'll let you guys know in the next day or two whether or not she's down for us to move in! I'm hoping to move out before my parents are back from their vacation... lol

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#689820 - 10/19/13 02:34 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I hope it works out for ya bro, it sucks going through any length of time not doing what you love! :growingweed:

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Here we go again...... [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #690000 - 10/20/13 04:21 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Keep your fingers croosed she allows is... some landlords are dicks and some are chill......

Whatever you do make sure this venture gets put on paper with your friend... in legal terms about splitting cost and shit (not the mj part). I have seen to make deals go sour and ppl tryin to fuck each other it aint funney!!! I hope the best for ya man! grow on

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Here we go again...... [Re: GBurger717]
    #690017 - 10/20/13 06:02 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, she was a fuckhead about it. She said she couldn't allow it because there's no way for me to prove I'm not selling it to recreational users!

I just got off the phone with another landlord though. He's okay with us growing, he's okay with my felony, there is a fenced off space in the back yard for a veggie garden! The only downside is there isn't a full basement. But the rent is $100 less per month than the other place! Lol. I'm just waiting for him to be available to meet us and show us the house. I'm gonna show up with cash in hand, hoping to sign a lease that day... :smile: he said he's busy till Tuesday, so it will probably be Wednesday when we get to go see it...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#690150 - 10/21/13 10:55 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

So, we went out to a guy's house who had some growing gear he had bought from a guy who runs a storage unit place ( he owns a thrift store, so he's always buying stuff). Came away like bandits! Got a gallon of each of our main nutes (grow, bloom and boost; retail is about $45 each) for $50, an 8" hepa filter for $60, an 8" carbon filter for $60, and a 4 bulb T-5 light (no bulbs though) for $50!! There was another charcoal filter, but I figured we should save what cash we have for rent... lol

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Here we go again...... [Re: Magash]
    #691324 - 11/01/13 07:07 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I use no chillers at all in my grows. The lights each have a water cooler and it runs to a above ground pool that is big enough not to need chillers.

A/C...none. I don't have any trouble with my temps other then the summer then I use the A/C for the entire place that a certain grow is in but none for the grows themselves.

:happyweed:

Yea, if you don't have a pool though (above or below ground and depending on the current climate in your area) unless you can get a water source/reservoir 4 feet below the ground you're pretty much going to need a quarter ton of chilling per light (a half ton water chiller costs in the neighborhood of 1200$).

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies