Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Gorilla Seeds Has the World's Best Breeders
    #685702 - 09/19/13 05:57 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Gorilla Seeds is adding breeders and seeds as fast as we can, but we're also looking for new top-quality seed companies to work with.

Since I've been here, some of you have had great suggestions - some we've been able to work with, some won't even answer my emails.

Who would you like to see us add?

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male
Loc: Manitou Springs, Colorado Flag
Re: Gorilla Seeds Has the World's Best Breeders [Re: cannabis_seeds]
    #685791 - 09/20/13 04:02 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I would love to see a good genetic Ice strain and Light of Jah strain.

--------------------
All who wonder are not lost.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gorilla Seeds Has the World's Best Breeders [Re: sattvabodhi]
    #685800 - 09/20/13 05:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Any suggestions on the breeder?

--------------------

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Loc: Manitou Springs, Colorado Flag
    #685908 - 09/21/13 01:27 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I am currently checking. Will pm you with info when I get it all together!

--------------------

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male
    #685921 - 09/21/13 07:15 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sattvabodhi said:

There's a lot to choose from, this Ice strain looks pretty appealing.:wink::thumbup:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/682004

--------------------

Invisiblesattvabodhi
Stoney Stranger
Male

Loc: Manitou Springs, Colorado
Re: Gorilla Seeds Has the World's Best Breeders [Re: COOKED101]
    #686168 - 09/24/13 07:12 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

COOKED101 said:
Quote:

sattvabodhi said:

There's a lot to choose from, this Ice strain looks pretty appealing.:wink::thumbup:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/682004

That is beautiful. I would like to see a ICE x Light of Jah.

<------- thats a light of jah

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#688650 - 10/10/13 05:50 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I have no idea what their quality is, but if you're looking to carry more seeds for poorer people, spliff seeds are pretty damn cheap. They carry mostly simple classic strains like afghan, blueberry, haze, ak47 etc... Spliffs been around a while.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gorilla Seeds Has the World's Best Breeders [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #688725 - 10/11/13 08:00 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

We've carried Spliff before, but I was told they were extremely hard for us to actually get. Something about their supply chain.

Sorry, but I don't have the exact details - whatever happened was before I started working with the company.

On another note, we're putting up a few new American breeders.

Archive Seeds is the first.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#688744 - 10/11/13 12:58 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Archive has a nice looking bubblegum(bazooka joe) you guys should carry! Bubblegum is underrated IMO. At least some bubblegum I had when I was a teenager was the most memorable/enjoyable bud I've ever had.

That's weird how "American" breeders are in countries like Spain, which apparently archive is, and non American breeders like THSeeds have a base in USA.. backwards.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#688760 - 10/11/13 03:14 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

We'll add more Archive seeds as they become available - they're sold out of a lot of stuff. I think there are 2 more to go up.

A few American breeders distribute out of Europe for legal issues - usually Spain or the Netherlands. Legally, I don't think they could ship from the states even if the state is legal because that would conflict with Federal law.

It'll be nice when things aren't so complicated.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#688884 - 10/12/13 12:41 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Should stock BC bud depot just because animal cookies looks extremely sexy.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#688890 - 10/12/13 01:10 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I like all kinds of seeds at BC Bud Depot, but we couldn't get them in our supply chain. They were my first choice to get a Cookie strain on the site.

We were able to get Phantom Cookies by Ken Estes/Grand Daddy Purps & Cali Connection's Girl Scout Cookies.

I think we can probably get Sin City's Sin Mint, but haven't looked into it because that brand isn't a big seller - maybe if we moved them to the international site instead of having them on the UK-only site, they'd sell better. It seems that at least 90% of Europeans will only buy feminized seeds.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#689115 - 10/14/13 02:21 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

That's weird, wonder why you guys can't get BC bud. Supposedly they are notorious for not actually sending seeds out and keeping the money of individuals in usa who ordered directly from them. speaking of being ripped off... I'd read that some usa people who bought from nirvana directly were getting their accounts drained. So get them for like 10$ cheaper through gorilla!

As far as seed breeders go, it seems like too many seed breeders are charging way too much for their seeds and should cut their prices in half or sell smaller packs or just be more like Nirvana. I mean I'm new to seed shopping, and maybe other people go around buying seeds all over the place from random companies, but me personally, I'd either buy a bunch of cheap 10 packs from a place like nirvana, a bunch of good looking 3 packs, or very few of The highest quality well known(or cup winning) breeders seeds. Seems like a real gamble to spend 120$ on 10 pack that's talked about no where from a seed company clearly revolving their entire selection off 1 or 2 plants. It seems like there are a few obvious heavy hitter seed breeders putting some serious work into their strains and charging reasonable price per seed(10$ a seed), and then there are a bunch new "poser" breeders trying to act like they've earned expensive seed packs, which they may have, and I'm sure a lot of them are made up of people who worked for pro breeders and are pro too, or have coffee shops that are well known, but if I have the money to spend on some high quality seeds, I'm not going to go for seeds from a place like sin city who seems to be trying to create the illusion of a pro seed bank by taking 2 or 3 good strains and crossing them every way possible and throwing some fancy sounding names on them then charging a lot. Although this is just my noob opinion I felt the need to share =)

As far as sin city I think if they sold smaller seed packs I would probably give them a lot of my money, but at their prices I would just go for smaller packs, or buy from someone whos been winning cups for years or had great strains for years and worked really hard getting to where they are and obviously have seriously sexy seeds.  Hm maybe sin city only sell huge packs because they know anyone can create their entire line of seeds if they buy the right 3 strains.

If I ever owned a seed company that just crossed a few strains every which way, I would sell them for like 2$ each in multiple pack sizes and take awesome pictures and give every detail a shopper could ever need. Don't cannabis plants drop a shitload of seeds? Some of the random expensive breeders just seem lazy and greedy.

Anyway. Gorilla seems to have some of the best opinons already. I'd say try to get dutch passion, th seeds, serious seeds, and BC or those seed banks that have been winning awards for a while or advertise in magazines. Limit the poser seed banks with excessive amounts of Kush and OG names, although I guess the average ameircan will buy those. Mainly just try to carry seeds people actually buy. I'm sure that's the goal of any seed bank, but you really should be able to assess what will and won't sell if you spend enough time looking around. Could always hire me as a "consultant" and I'll tell you what I would and wouldn't buy. =) Will work for seeds!

All just my opinion, didn't mean to type so much in your sponsor ad =P

*Cough* more free seeds with orders and coupon codes *cough*

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#689118 - 10/14/13 02:42 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cannabis_seeds said:
I like all kinds of seeds at BC Bud Depot, but we couldn't get them in our supply chain. They were my first choice to get a Cookie strain on the site.

We were able to get Phantom Cookies by Ken Estes/Grand Daddy Purps & Cali Connection's Girl Scout Cookies.

I think we can probably get Sin City's Sin Mint, but haven't looked into it because that brand isn't a big seller - maybe if we moved them to the international site instead of having them on the UK-only site, they'd sell better. It seems that at least 90% of Europeans will only buy feminized seeds.

Wow I just looked at GSC  fuck 100 for 6 seeds .  I have been wanting to try this strain but fuck I cant brim my self to spend that much.:wellidunno:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Gorilla Seeds Has the World's Best Breeders [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #689119 - 10/14/13 03:25 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

Wow I just looked at GSC  fuck 100 for 6 seeds .  I have been wanting to try this strain but fuck I cant brim my self to spend that much.:wellidunno:

I know right. and they are seeds that have a big reputation, it makes no sense that a ton of other breeders sell seeds that price that you've never heard of and have nothing but a picture of. At least you can replicate the product you buy.

Quote:

cannabis_seeds said:

Hm wonder why Europeans would buy mostly fem seeds. Maybe just because it's so damn easy to get more seeds. I wonder if UK has different strains of weed everywhere. In my experience USA has only 1-3 strains between 98% of the smoking population in any given area. Even California has a very similar menu from shop to shop. everything og or kush.

btw I'd read that the strongest weed on the planet comes from a mix with LA confidential. I forget the name.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#689134 - 10/14/13 09:09 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I have a co-worker on the site now (we're using the same user ID so that links aren't a problem) and he's working something up for a competition.

And I've been told coupon codes will work with our redesign that should be launching soon - I've been waiting a long time for that, and I know you guys have been too.

European genetics vs. American - as well as breeding programs - is interesting. I don't have any inside information for you, just what I've picked up - and what I see with buying habits.

As far as prices go, it's probably not all that expensive to make the seeds, but packaging, marketing, distribution, etc. is extremely expensive - just like any other product. And, if you think about what you get from a seed compared to buying the finished product, it's not a terrible deal - although I agree some are very expensive.

If you're looking for some more affordable European genetics, you might want to look at Vision Seeds. If you go to a 5 or 10 pack, they're under $6 a seed - still pricey, but a little better than others.

I've seen some logs for these guys that look good. They were a seed shop for a long time, then decided to create their own brand. Most aren't bred inhouse but are sourced from other Dutch breeders that probably sell the seeds under a different label at higher prices - there's a lot of diversity even if they stick with the classics.

One think I like about them is that these guys will actually talk to you if you email them - or at least they responded to me when I had questions. You wouldn't believe how many breeders don't have time to answer my questions & I'm doing my best to sell their product.

And, I've heard lots of Canadian & European breeders blow off Americans - usually because someone starts to talk about grow problems, and since growing is illegal in the US for the most part, they say they can't help them. I'm not sure why they wouldn't replace missing seeds unless they claim it's illegal to import seeds into the US - which it is.

As a side note, we're kind of in the same place. If you email our support staff & say anything about growing, they're not allowed to respond - they have to delete the email. So, people - the word is damaged.

--------------------

Edited by cannabis_seeds (10/14/13 09:16 AM)

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#689169 - 10/14/13 01:37 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Yea I tried to not imply anything about growing since this is sort of an ad thread, but I probably did by accident. Although I may or may not live on a pirate ship in the middle of the ocean where everything is legal! yarr

You would think breeders would want to sell as many places as they can... especially a company like BC.

Expensive packaging or not, $700 for a 10 pack of feminized seeds is insane, like with The doggies nuts seeds - g13 haze. I bet they are just another breeder who made a super expensive side company hoping to sell to wealthy people.

BTW here's a breeder that has at least 1 nice looking plant and gorilla may or may not be interested in. Cream of the crop seeds. Their purple paralysis looks really nice. I don't know anything about them though, but the site [imagseed mine has an easy to navigate collection of breeders, seeds, and breeder info. Rhino is actually on there, but so is BC buds and listed as a seed bank, so maybe you are their competition and that's why they haven't jumped on the opportunity.

cream of the crops - purple paralysis

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#689174 - 10/14/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I see a site for cream of the crop, but not sure if that's what you're talking about.

The link in your post doesn't work.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#689298 - 10/15/13 06:46 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

The link was buymarijuanaseeds.com just a collection of information on breeders and seed banks. You could probably add gorilla to it. Rhino is on there.

The link wasn't for cream of the crop. I don't know anything about them, was just making a random suggestion. And the link above is just a reference for a ton of breeders to easily browse through and get a direct link to their sites.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#689386 - 10/15/13 03:59 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I've actually talked to the guy that set up that site (through emails) - he did a nice job with it, but he's basically an affiliate seller if I remember correctly.

That means if you click on one of the "buy now" buttons, it takes you to the associated seed bank to make a purchase - and he gets a commission if he's one of their affiliates.

Rhino doesn't have a working affiliate program right now, so he doesn't make money from every seed on the site. He's even honest enough to check which ones do have affiliate programs so you can guess.

The site also makes money on ads & links placed on the site.

It's still a good resource, but you're not buying seeds directly from him. Not saying that's good or bad - just saying.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order