Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

What size rez for two 18 gal bins? DWC
    #685233 - 09/14/13 10:34 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

So I have the full set-up planned up. 

Got all new GH series and supplements.

Awesome hydrofarm 8 outlet air pump.

4  - 12" suctioned cup airstones for each bin (x4 18 gal totes SOG style grow with 12 plant sites each

2 - 5" air stone discs (rated /w good reviews for outsanding oygenation and circulation, for my 2 main resevoirs.

Btw - running SOG with a perpetual cycle for increments of harvesting every 30 days

Anyways,  with that, my two water pumps 186 Gp/h...

My plan is having x2 Reservoir->18gal-tote->18gal-tote->Recirculate through pump, each system separate of each other except the airstones all connected. .

If that seems to all good, my last step is "what sizes should my reservoirs be" 

Do they have to double the size totes?  Im arleady to make this transformation except waiting to figure the best size reservoirs to buy based on this system.

--------------------
Disclaimer:  Anything I post is purely for entertainment purposes and is completely fictional made up scenarios using information and pictures retrieved from other people.  I am by no means taking part in any activities displayed.

Edited by JusTsHroomiNn (09/15/13 12:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: What size rez for two 18 gal bins? DWC [Re: JusTsHroomiNn]
    #685273 - 09/15/13 12:06 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

No one?

--------------------
Disclaimer:  Anything I post is purely for entertainment purposes and is completely fictional made up scenarios using information and pictures retrieved from other people.  I am by no means taking part in any activities displayed.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What size rez for two 18 gal bins? DWC [Re: JusTsHroomiNn]
    #685275 - 09/15/13 12:46 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah you want them to hold double what the totes hold at least. You don't want things running dry if the plants use up the water fast and having a pump fuckup cause it ran dry. (Yeah sounds stupid but my res goes down 5 gallons every two days with 16 plants per res). Myself for each batch of 16 two gallon pots I use a 55 gallon res. Also remember that esp with a DWC system that the plants use up the water faster then the nutrients and say you have a strong mix to begin with the plants use up the water fast and the nutrients actually concentrate and you're sitting around wondering why the plants are fried.

The way the systems I use work

Here is a system you want to copy or get ideas from

http://www.cch2o.com/under_current.html

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: What size rez for two 18 gal bins? DWC [Re: Magash]
    #685602 - 09/18/13 12:21 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for always tuning in Mag.

Do you think 12 sites per bin is a good plan for a sog style grow?  Im using very indica strain in this OP.

This is in a 4x4 tent
|r|----|12|-|12|
|r|----|12|-|12|
--------4x4tent

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale