Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAprilyo1
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Great Pacific Northwe...
New to this
    #671691 - 05/19/13 05:33 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hello, I'm new to this site and to growing.. I have harvested a couple of plants. They weren't too bad. I need an education though.:wink: My Husband is going to school in the fall for Horticulture sciences. We hope to start farming within the next year or so. I am pretty much growing for ourselves. I am a medical Cannabis patient, and find it hard to keep up with the prices since my Husband was laid off. I am always running out. My questions are, when is a good time to clip? I devastated my plants the first time. I would have had such a bigger yield... And what are good nutrients for the first two months, I'm on a strict budget right now but want quality. Thanks ahead for any and all advice! Good to be here!  Peace:laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejoshisstoned
strange
Male

Loc: Akron
Re: New to this [Re: Aprilyo1]
    #671695 - 05/19/13 06:04 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Try worm castings or teas made from them.... They are cheap and very potent.

--------------------
Give me the bat wendy!

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#671702 - 05/19/13 07:14 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hi and welcome to the growery! About clipping it really depends on you and what you like ! How to tell what kind of high is by looking at the trich. Good nut. dont really coast that much you can get all three you need for 60 bucks or cheaper!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to this [Re: Aprilyo1] * 1
    #671713 - 05/19/13 08:35 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

If your new to growing and want a nice easy nutrient line that is fairly cheap. Fox Farm

You can use this with those two

I currently use Fox Farm nutrients and don't use the last one. I'm hydro and it's not needed there but it can help in soil but it's really not needed there either.
:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: New to this [Re: Magash]
    #671723 - 05/19/13 09:16 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Thats what i USE too :ohsodevious:

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: New to this [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #671759 - 05/20/13 03:17 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I was thinkin of finishin my ff and switching to roots organics...but now i think ill do a test run while still using ff.

Magash...im about to run out of big bloom in soil and im harvesting this week. I was thinking its not really neccessary either and didnt want to use another bottle on my next grow. You think its a waste to buy another bottle?

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to this [Re: SmokeSomeHash] * 1
    #671762 - 05/20/13 03:38 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:
I was thinkin of finishin my ff and switching to roots organics...but now i think ill do a test run while still using ff.

Magash...im about to run out of big bloom in soil and im harvesting this week. I was thinking its not really neccessary either and didnt want to use another bottle on my next grow. You think its a waste to buy another bottle?

No I don't think it's a waste esp for those wanting to stay completely organic. Buuuuut for those of us who are hydro or don't have their plants in the ground say in a set up like I use to have here Where the plants aren't really in the soil long enough to worry about all the living soil crap and that stuff. Tiger Bloom has everything the plant needs in flowering.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to this [Re: Magash] * 1
    #671764 - 05/20/13 03:41 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

In fact for something that isn't in the soil for that long I'd go with these before worrying about Big Bloom

For something that is in the soil for a short period of time the money spent on Big Bloom is better off on one of these or paying for part of all three of them.

Quote:

.im about to run out of big bloom in soil and im harvesting this week.

Stop feeding before this. When plants don't use up all their nutrients the ash is black when you smoke it. You want the ash to burn white. :getstoned:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: New to this [Re: Magash]
    #671766 - 05/20/13 04:02 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
In fact for something that isn't in the soil for that long I'd go with these before worrying about Big Bloom

For something that is in the soil for a short period of time the money spent on Big Bloom is better off on one of these or paying for part of all three of them.

Quote:

.im about to run out of big bloom in soil and im harvesting this week.

Stop feeding before this. When plants don't use up all their nutrients the ash is black when you smoke it. You want the ash to burn white. :getstoned:

Wow this other grower i know gave me some Beasty! I Really didnt know much about it no one in here really uses it. I Really havent used it yet.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
    #671776 - 05/20/13 08:30 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah im already flushijg my plant i havent been feeding for about a week. Was wondering for my next grow.

I dont like the 3 ff additives just cuz theyre so damn pricey. Ive been using the ff 3 part, with a lil bit of superthrive, fulvex, strapped, calmag,  Once i run out of superthrive i dont think im going to buy it again.

Ima try this next grow without the bb. I think ima do 9 northern soul vegged for 2-3 weeks in small containers for a sog.

Maybe i should start a new thread

--------------------

OfflineAprilyo1
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: New to this [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #671820 - 05/20/13 01:21 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks so much for the advice guys :grin: I have heard there is a way to clip that makes the bush fuller not taller, that is what I want without having to use twine.. Is this possible?

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#671822 - 05/20/13 01:26 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Aprilyo1 said:
Thanks so much for the advice guys :grin: I have heard there is a way to clip that makes the bush fuller not taller, that is what I want without having to use twine.. Is this possible?

you top the main stem or fim it, early on preferrably

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #671823 - 05/20/13 01:30 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineAprilyo1
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: New to this [Re: Stoneth]
    #671825 - 05/20/13 01:34 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

These were from my first harvest... Look good?  Ok, my first plants, not harvest..

Edited by Aprilyo1 (05/20/13 01:35 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#671829 - 05/20/13 01:53 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Not bad  better than my first grow! :girlishjoy:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to this [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #671858 - 05/20/13 03:12 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:

Stay away from roots.  Awful product.  Swings your pH WAY down, and the companies owners have done some really shady things in the past.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineAprilyo1
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#672097 - 05/22/13 12:33 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks!

OfflineAprilyo1
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#672098 - 05/22/13 12:34 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks again for all the great tips.. I'll be sure to stay updated here. Peace :rasta:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder