Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesoundandfury
Stranger

Commercialized weed.
    #668537 - 05/01/13 12:16 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I got my med card today and it was really easy. I walked in, showed the doctor my i.d. He asked me where I'm going to keep my pot when I drive, answered and then I was gone. I was surprised. Right across the street i buy some pot at a dispensary. The people there are super nice. I heard, "You always hook it up fat." etc. All this made me realize:
I don't want weed to be commercialized. I love the sense of community among the pot scene and how it cusps legalization. Its not too commercialized so I get an emotionally grey experience with a bunch of aesthetic advertisement that pretends to care about me but really just cares about my money. I work at Little Caesars, I know that fake shit all too well. the pot scene, Its got good vibes, some energy, life. I dig it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Commercialized weed. [Re: soundandfury]
    #668538 - 05/01/13 12:21 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

So your evaluation consisted of 'where your weed was going to be transported'? :strokebeard:

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #668539 - 05/01/13 12:23 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Bring me pizza

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #668552 - 05/01/13 02:14 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Just think about how selfish that is though, look at how many people are suffering and have their lives ruined being deemed a criminal for their nonviolent actions. Think of people spending time in jail just for weed, something that I think we can all agree should NOT be something to be punished for using.

Sometimes you have to give something up for a more positive overall change. Peoples lives no longer being ruined, the money saved from no longer enforcing drug laws, and then the revenue generated from selling cannabis to the public. Also jobs created for production and distribution, just gotta look at it on a bigger scale.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Commercialized weed. [Re: volcomstoner] * 1
    #668557 - 05/01/13 02:51 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:
I can't wait for full legalization. Having your heart skip a beat every time you hear a knock on the door is NOT fun!

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Offlinesoundandfury
Stranger

Re: Commercialized weed. [Re: nannybooboo]
    #668573 - 05/01/13 10:24 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nannybooboo said:
So your evaluation consisted of 'where your weed was going to be transported'? :strokebeard:

i'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't know what you mean

Offlinesoundandfury
Stranger

Re: Commercialized weed. [Re: volcomstoner]
    #668574 - 05/01/13 10:30 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Just think about how selfish that is though, look at how many people are suffering and have their lives ruined being deemed a criminal for their nonviolent actions. Think of people spending time in jail just for weed, something that I think we can all agree should NOT be something to be punished for using.

Sometimes you have to give something up for a more positive overall change. Peoples lives no longer being ruined, the money saved from no longer enforcing drug laws, and then the revenue generated from selling cannabis to the public. Also jobs created for production and distribution, just gotta look at it on a bigger scale.

I know what you mean, I thought about this too. i'm not saying that I don't want full legalization, that would be great for all the reasons that you listed, but I know a part of me will die when/ if it does happen. I only love the scene so much, essentially, because it's in this odd underground, inbetween legal and not state. It just allows people to have a certain pride and freedom and maintains a sense of community as well. Maybe it wouldn't be SSSSOOOOOOOO BaaaDDDddddd if it went commercialized, maybe I'm just saying I love how it is right now and I'm being protective of something that I enjoy and view as being easily corrupted/ taken away from me. Something like that.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#668575 - 05/01/13 10:32 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

soundandfury said:
Quote:

nannybooboo said:

you said thats all the doc asked of you

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Commercialized weed. [Re: PoloDown]
    #668576 - 05/01/13 10:42 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey you know Polo it really pretty much consists of that. They could care less what your reasons for wanting the card are. The doc that gives cards just sits all day and sees people that want weed cards and don't see any other patients. Then there is the fact that nobody has been turned down for a card here for any reason.

Can't sleep you get a card. Sleep to much you get a card. Got your hair cut to short it makes you feel bad when you walk past a mirror well then you get a card.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Commercialized weed. [Re: Magash]
    #668577 - 05/01/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Hey you know Polo it really pretty much consists of that. They could care less what your reasons for wanting the card are. The doc that gives cards just sits all day and sees people that want weed cards and don't see any other patients. Then there is the fact that nobody has been turned down for a card here for any reason.

Can't sleep you get a card. Sleep to much you get a card. Got your hair cut to short it makes you feel bad when you walk past a mirror well then you get a card.

:happyweed:

Oh yeah I know.  I have a card myself :stoned:

I just thought OP didnt understand the question

Offlinesoundandfury
Stranger

Re: Commercialized weed. [Re: PoloDown]
    #669028 - 05/03/13 05:00 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PoloDown said:
Quote:

soundandfury said:
Quote:

nannybooboo said:

Not so much "where are you taking your weed after this, I'm your doctor and wanna get stoned with you". but rather "where should you keep your weed in you car when your driving?".

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#669078 - 05/03/13 09:15 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

soundandfury said:
I got my med card today and it was really easy. I walked in, showed the doctor my i.d. He asked me where I'm going to keep my pot when I drive, answered and then I was gone. I was surprised. Right across the street i buy some pot at a dispensary. The people there are super nice. I heard, "You always hook it up fat." etc. All this made me realize:
I don't want weed to be commercialized. I love the sense of community among the pot scene and how it cusps legalization. Its not too commercialized so I get an emotionally grey experience with a bunch of aesthetic advertisement that pretends to care about me but really just cares about my money. I work at Little Caesars, I know that fake shit all too well. the pot scene, Its got good vibes, some energy, life. I dig it.

I think full legalization would still allow plenty of room for hobbyists and sub-communities.  Lots of stuff gets commercialized but still has custom crafted facets.  Not every sandwich shop is a McDonalds, eh?

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineSheekle
http://tinychat.com/warminati

#669213 - 05/04/13 07:13 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

soundandfury said:
Quote:

PoloDown said:
Quote:

soundandfury said:
Quote:

nannybooboo said:

Not so much "where are you taking your weed after this, I'm your doctor and wanna get stoned with you". but rather "where should you keep your weed in you car when your driving?".

I think he understands that, but hell if I know. I too, am curious why he would ask such a question though. Like, why does it matter where you keep your weed in your car when you're driving? I don't get it.

--------------------
:cool::feelsgoodman::nyan::catfrog::sunny::discodance::hug::hamsterdance::mitebecool::thumbup::omgawesome::cheers:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals