Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheSavior
Stranger
 User Gallery
Seedlings dying...so I put together an aeroponic system..noob
    #668050 - 04/28/13 03:57 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I had to be out for a while and my plant got dehydrated...
4 Amnesia Haze seedlings are now bent down with a 90 degree angle in their stalk. I watered them as soon as I saw that and dipped a tooth pick into the medium and tied the plant to it with a thread (for support to stand up).
1 of them has a very thin flaccid stem...
2 have hard stems with a bend
1 has thick, hard stem but is somewhat thinner at the bend.

what kind of prognosis can I expect?

1 germinating Kandy Kush was forgotten and I found a root and stem on the paper towel...while I was planting it in the pot...the roots snapped from the top, so it still has a small white part dangling from it, so I thought this wouldn't be enough to absorb nutrients from the coco..so I got a plastic box that was lying around, and cut some glass to top it with and I had an ultrasonic mister lying around, so I got that too. and rigged together what I think is an aeroponic system...I didn't look at any guides, I tried to use the knowledge I built here...
I couldn't find any neoprene so I used an aluminium tray that is suspended from the top.
The rig is manually powered on and off until i get some free time to put together a timer from an arduino I have somewhere around here.

Do you think this system will be successful ?
I have to mention that I am using plain tap water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedlings dying...so I put together an aeroponic system..noob [Re: TheSavior]
    #668052 - 04/28/13 04:01 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure really sure what exactly you described there.  Pictures maybe?

As far as the seedlings go, only time will tell.  If you got them in time before the root system was completely dry, there's a possibility.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedlings dying...so I put together an aeroponic system..noob [Re: TheSavior]
    #668058 - 04/28/13 04:07 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

All you really can do is water and pray.

As far as the mister system it sounds good but a seedling starting out with massave root shock before it's even hit soil sounds like a pretty rough way to start. Not sure if that one will pull through.

:shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTheSavior
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Seedlings dying...so I put together an aeroponic system..noob [Re: Magash]
    #668231 - 04/29/13 06:53 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

OK I got some pics for my sick plants and ghetto aeroponic.

here's how I found them when I came back

After stenting

Each one individually

Ghetto Aeroponic setup

I have a bean plant outside and in the aeroponics as a decoy for anyone that snoops into it.
as for the Kandy Kush in the aeroponics, I think it has somewhat lengthened..
and here is everything in the very hot middle eastern sun..

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #669341 - 05/05/13 08:27 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

As long as the seedlings are green there ok. watch out with that tape on the seedlings, don't want to mess up a seedling stem trying to remove tape.

Now I'm trying to figure out your system here but if it has anything to do with the plants floating then that will work to root clones but to grow the plants it won't. The plants will be falling all over the place when they get bigger.
Look into setting up Deep Water Culture buckets it will be much easier on you. You're going to need a ppm meter and to adjust the ph if you plan to grow in water.

:happyweed:

and make sure those cups the seedlings are in have drainage holes. (I say that cause I can't tell.

:growingweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder