Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheSavior
Stranger
 User Gallery
Newbie wants to verify learnt information.
    #664212 - 03/30/13 09:18 AM (11 years, 23 days ago)

I am new and haven't started growing anything yet. I find organized sources of information for cannabis growing very scarce and lots of people on the internet like to "be cool" and spread crap that is wrong.

I am asking someone with experience to verify my plan

1) seeds from banks are expensive so I plan on buying only once per strain

2) I cannot find timers in my country and am too lazy to put together an arduino circuit so i'll use autoflowering strains

3) I will order feminized autoflowering strains, and light poison one or two of the plants to obtain anthers, and self or cross pollinate them to obtain a large number of seeds for future grows.

4) the other seeds will mature and flower normally as my prize for being the awesome person i am.

Can't do that.

I will be using an aeroponic setup for its low maintenance requirement, so I will need 2 misters..1 for the grow and 1 as backup in case the other fails
also i will need a ppm measure...I like the pen shaped ones on amazon, do you guys think they're good ?

I am going to make something similar to this setup with my own inventions on concepts for CFL light bulb placement.
http://www.inventgeek.com/2011-Projects/Ultrasonic-Aeroponic-System/OverView.aspx
Do you think I am on the right track
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/30/13 12:18 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Edited by hawksapprentice (03/30/13 01:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Middle east coast
Re: Newbie wants to verify learnt information. [Re: TheSavior]
    #664216 - 03/30/13 10:06 AM (11 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

TheSavior said:
I am new and haven't started growing anything yet. I find organized sources of information for cannabis growing very scarce and lots of people on the internet like to "be cool" and spread crap that is wrong. Check out breedbay, I think you'd like it :wink:

I am asking someone with experience to verify my plan

1) seeds from banks are expensive so I plan on buying only once per strain Not always true.  There are plenty of great breeders who sell seeds at $20-30/pack.  No seeds are worth $75 or more for a ten pack.

2) I cannot find timers in my country and am too lazy to put together an arduino circuit so i'll use autoflowering strains Can you not order from ebay or any retail site and have one shipped?  That seems like a pretty crazy reason to abandon all 'standard' strains.  I got a TORK 1103 off of ebay for like $30..surely you could have one shipped for less than a hundred?  There's really no reason to be growing autos inside.

3) I will order feminized autoflowering strains, and light poison one or two of the plants to obtain anthers, and self or cross pollinate them to obtain a large number of seeds for future grows.  Why would you get feminized seeds and stress them to get pollen as opposed using 'standard' seeds?  Is it to make all the seeds female too?  That's a serious question, I don't have any experience.

4) the other seeds will mature and flower normally as my prize for being the awesome person i am.

I will be using an aeroponic setup for its low maintenance requirement, so I will need 2 misters..1 for the grow and 1 as backup in case the other fails
also i will need a ppm measure...I like the pen shaped ones on amazon, do you guys think they're good ? Since you're buying from amazon anyway, check this out: http://www.amazon.com/Tork-1101-Switch-Indoor-Steel/dp/B002ZDCGLQ/

I am going to make something similar to this setup with my own inventions on concepts for CFL light bulb placement.
http://www.inventgeek.com/2011-Projects/Ultrasonic-Aeroponic-System/OverView.aspx

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

Edited by hawksapprentice (03/30/13 01:10 PM)

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #664229 - 03/30/13 11:34 AM (11 years, 23 days ago)

What country is that? The Vatican? You def have Tmers

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: Newbie wants to verify learnt information. [Re: Maestro]
    #664232 - 03/30/13 11:47 AM (11 years, 23 days ago)

just buy timers online

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #664239 - 03/30/13 01:13 PM (11 years, 23 days ago)

Well first, welcome to the community :cookiemonster:

Second, self pollinating an auto-flower will result in an auto-flower.  And any decent feminized strain isn't made my stressing it to make an autoflower to begin with.

Third, I would go with soil.

Fourth, No trading of seeds here.  This is a U.S. based server.  Trading seeds in the U.S. is illegal.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTheSavior
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Newbie wants to verify learnt information. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #664256 - 03/30/13 02:37 PM (11 years, 23 days ago)

Thanks everyone for the quick replys.

to Angus, yes, I believe that stressing a feminized seed to produce anthers to pollinate itself will produce feminized seeds....it makes sense, where would the male chromosome come from ?
(I haven't tried though, this is an educated speculation.)

hawksapprentice, thank you.
but i am talking about feminized autoflowering strains.
I think soil is to messy and I am not ready to introduce pests and shit like that into my bedroom.
I won't trade here then...I respect the rules :laugh:

Maestro and Mrshroom....I think i will just do that

however I am very fascinated by the shear speed of autoflowering strains...and people say that 1 plant could produce 100+ seeds....can you imagine what i will do to the public parks around my house with 50 seeds..... :laugh:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #664260 - 03/30/13 03:24 PM (11 years, 23 days ago)

Okay, you're not understanding what I said.  Or actually I wasn't that clear, wrote it when i woke up.

You can stress a plant and make it hermie out, but that's not the best way to go about it.

You use colloidal silver to produce the male pollen sacks  Not by stress.  Try and do some searches on ways to make feminized seeds.

Also buy this book. http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=ChFSz41dXUeniBqr_iQKz7YCgDu7u_qcDrsSU10fjlZjN1AEIBhABKAJQj5nypvv_____AWDJhv6LzKTUGaAB8oC76gPIAQepAi0EHx18fLk-qgQgT9DWZRW_v8ES2liHqgVuKwEQ2N8CZFbY0UJByP6z0MbABQWgBiaAB_b-xBXgEvrpkf6SsduUJg&sig=AOD64_17BQDgAo4hO8tvali6aqdoSiQYAQ&ctype=5&ved=0CJABEPQO&adurl=http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781878823236%3Fredirected%3Dtrue&rct=j&q=jorge+cervantes

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie wants to verify learnt information. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #664348 - 03/30/13 10:44 PM (11 years, 22 days ago)

Agree with hawks 100%

plus timers I am sure are sold world wide. Try a hardware store, ebay or a grow shop. We have a few sponsers here that I am sure could accommodate your needs.

Good luck! And welcome to The Growery!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom