Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

INteresting quote from Mandala Seeds
    #662866 - 03/19/13 04:42 PM (11 years, 11 days ago)

"Fertilizing on soil is always the worse choice compared to fresh soil and sufficient root space! Don't be tempted to believe that a lot of fertilizing will give you better results. This is a myth from the agrochemical industry that wants to sell their products in huge quantities. Our environment is already suffering worldwide from the results.

Fertilizer should be used with extreme care indoor and seen only as a minor supplement to top up nutrients or to assist in cases of accidental deficiencies. In hydroponics moderate EC levels should be used instead of heroic dosages to "force" flowering. For outdoor the fertilizing must be dosaged in accordance with soil quality and the size of the plants."

- http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Marijuana-Nutrient-Problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: INteresting quote from Mandala Seeds [Re: zzzzzz]
    #663865 - 03/28/13 09:24 AM (11 years, 2 days ago)

In general I think overfertilizing is rampant. I use 1/4-1/2 strength. The only thing I will be using at almost full strength is supplementary nutes like calmag.

I think they are advocating for organic soil already full of nutes, and that's a fine way to go. But by no means should it be the only way to go. For me, soilless mixes were the most appealing because I get to tailor the nutes to be exactly how I want them to be.

--------------------
Owner of ResearchChemicalReview.com

Visit us for harm reduction info about the newest Research Chemicals!

View my experimental **1000w LED** growlog -HERE-

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: INteresting quote from Mandala Seeds [Re: Shrink]
    #663890 - 03/28/13 01:35 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Shrink said:
In general I think overfertilizing is rampant. I use 1/4-1/2 strength. The only thing I will be using at almost full strength is supplementary nutes like calmag.

I think they are advocating for organic soil already full of nutes, and that's a fine way to go. But by no means should it be the only way to go. For me, soilless mixes were the most appealing because I get to tailor the nutes to be exactly how I want them to be.

Yes, and yes. 

I find it appealing to not have to worry about nutrients.  Give it everything it needs from the get-go, to last from start to finish.  Just add water. 

If given a choice, it seems the simpler one would be the best.  Occam's razor?

Have a look at the picture gallery at Mandala.  Those results aren't exactly bad.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: INteresting quote from Mandala Seeds [Re: zzzzzz]
    #663892 - 03/28/13 01:40 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Mandala has some great genetics indeed.
Most of which are mild feeders.
The trick to growing any type of plant is to learn what it wants and needs.  Then give it no more or no less.
They will love you for it, I promise you that.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag