Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHime
Stranger

last but not least
    #662237 - 03/13/13 06:31 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Is this style timer any good? its an 18 dollar gro timer.

All I need is a timer to turn my light on and off 12/12 reliably... I see walmart has a lot of brinks for really cheap I've heard both bad and good for that brand. I would like to not have to spend 15-20 dollars on a timer but if the cheap 5-10$ ones aren't going to cut it then I will.

any input will be much appreciated :smile:

newb out

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: last but not least [Re: Hime]
    #662245 - 03/13/13 08:15 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I recommend springing for a digital timer.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: last but not least [Re: 81renaissance]
    #662253 - 03/13/13 08:48 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I use both the brinks digital/dial from walmart and they're fine. The 15 on/off is great for the cloner, and its switch design is fairly solid (spring loaded), unlike the 30 minute interval with dial switch which gets jammed up(when doing on/off the whole time, but also made cheaper)

that looks like the 15min interval with spring switch, same design but never used that brand. Probably going to be fine. I advise everyone from apollo/titan anything, especially timers--they suck suck suck.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: last but not least [Re: phychotron]
    #662257 - 03/13/13 09:00 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Thanks for the replies. I just bought a gro1 digital for 18.87 it comes with a 1 year warranty so not to bad of a buy. I'll grab a brinks if this one craps on me mid way.

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: last but not least [Re: Hime]
    #662264 - 03/13/13 10:31 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I always throw this in when someone asks about a timer...I was using a cheap timer, made for outdoors, was under half the wattage it was rated at(amps as well), and only used it for the 12 hour cycle I manually did the 20 hour cycle.

Anyway, I went out of town for 2-3 days and it worked fine but I smelled burning and was trying to figure out where it was coming from. I checked all the wiring that I had done and then I grabbed the timer to move it and the son of a bitch was about 900 degrees...I never did look at it real close to see why it did it I just threw the piece of shit away and god a new one, but I will never ever use a cheap timer again........EVER.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: last but not least [Re: mhbound]
    #662265 - 03/13/13 10:56 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I was running close to 2000w on my brinks digital and my kill-a-watt meter blew up, but the timers been fine. For the most part I think they are all fairly cheap and are all prone to random breakage regardless of who sells it, some more than others, but every one of these things are prone to some % of breakage. At the same time, some are destine to running for 20+ years.  I have a policy that if it breaks, get your money back and buy a different brand. That applies to mostly anything.

We live in a disposable society these days, its developed into product subscription, with Wal-mart the lead distributor. Buy a can opener there for $2 and you'll need to buy another in a year. Whereas if you buy a quality can opener for $20 it can last you a lifetime. Its better for the economy for them to keep selling you one though.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom