Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bat Country Flag
Mini fridges for the WIN
    #661785 - 03/11/13 11:06 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I grow in a 3.1 cubic foot mini fridge under 250w of cfl. I have an inline duct fan for air outtake, with carbon scrubber. A 6 inch wall mount fan inside for air circulation, and as of yet ive been too lazy to install intake but thats simple its just another inline duct fan. So i just leave the door open a crack for intake.

Ok so, mini fridge is built to be relatively air tight, absolutely light tight, or light sealed or whatever. Light proof. Its a very non conspicuous household appliance. Uhh You can use the shelves perfectly for scrog or to adjust height of plants. I keep a lock on mine and if anyone wants to know whats in the fridge i just tell em its beer, but i lost the key so i cant get in. Ya i dont know, I love the creativity and inginuity that goes into growers stealth dressers and speakers and what not, but my vote for DIY stealth indoor is for mini fridges.

--------------------
* Die For Your Government *

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Mini fridges for the WIN [Re: Zombi3]
    #661789 - 03/11/13 11:27 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Thats pretty cool.

I beleive on the back of some of those fridges there looks to be a "vent" of some sorts.  Can you take the back plating off and cut out a hole and then put a screen over it and put the back plate on? Then you would have passive air intake and not need to buy a intake fan.

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: Mini fridges for the WIN [Re: PoloDown]
    #661796 - 03/11/13 12:20 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

My particular fridge does not have a vent on the back, however passive intake would work fine. Due to the wierd construction of this fridge I have to put the intake on the bottom because i cant cut through the back plate. The bottom is only plastic, no metal sheet. I used to only grow outdoors but this is a dam fun project!

--------------------

OfflineWingmaster
Stranger

#661801 - 03/11/13 02:44 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

what kind of yield does that give you?

Nice setup!

Offlinelittledipster
Stranger

Re: Mini fridges for the WIN [Re: Wingmaster]
    #661862 - 03/11/13 11:03 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

that is pretty cool. I doubt you get much of a yield but I love little stealth grows

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: Mini fridges for the WIN [Re: littledipster]
    #662473 - 03/15/13 04:19 PM (11 years, 15 days ago)

Im not sure what ill yield yet, first rip indoors. I just moved out of the country to go to school so built this. 2 weeks left for veg still but ill update with pics when i harvest and well see how i do.

--------------------

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
    #665039 - 04/05/13 04:46 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I have thought of doing this with a an old upright freezer I have that the motor went out on.  I am thinking about 400 eta of CFl and an led for lighting.  I was also thinking because it is a freezer and the shelves in it have metal tubing for the freeon to pas through that these would work well for co2 supplimenting.  I have an old paintball co2 tank with regulator that could be addapted to fit.  Great idea.  I may just go forward with my idea now.

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: Mini fridges for the WIN [Re: sveumy]
    #665075 - 04/05/13 09:51 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I like your idea about utilizing the lines for supplemental co2. I had not thought about that but you got my creativity going now.. I just dont know how long a, lets say 20oz paintball co2 tank would last. I too have many paintball tanks laying around with regulators and lengths of hose but co2 is so dam pricey. Its near 80cents/ounce here I believe. So unless a 20oz tank lasts me at least a month its just not worth it.
Ive also played around with the idea of using the built in thermostat for temp control but said fuck it on account of limited electrical knowledge.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#665240 - 04/07/13 10:54 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

If you can put the c02 on a timer and regulate how much is actually being used I think the 20oz tank could be enough, since the fridge is so small I would think that you don't need much.

Idk for sure but it does sound like a good idea.. You could always just fill your 20oz and see how long it lasts just once.

I can't remember last time I had c02 lol been paintball in with compressed air forever

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Re: Mini fridges for the WIN [Re: PoloDown]
    #665304 - 04/08/13 11:31 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I paintball with compressed air aswell.  But the left over co2 tanks are just laying around.  I figure I would just hook it all up and run it.  I will have to do a little research on how many ppm should be used and how to measure that in the confined space. 
I figure I could run 4-8 plants in SOG depending on how big I let them get.  I intend to run a DIY areoponics set up.  I am a medical patient so this form of stealth grow isn't nessisary.  But being the way the medical laws are trending here I want a back up plan and I enjoy the build process. 
Keep us updated on this.  I wanna know how it works for you.  The tight spaces concern me with heat.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder