Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: so i got another problem (pic) [Re: lostinbq]
    #660204 - 02/25/13 03:01 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Did you get a digital meter?  If not, just bite the bullet and do it man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: so i got another problem (pic) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #660205 - 02/25/13 03:31 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

sadly no i could not afford he digital one, heir cheeper one$36 as sold out, and all they had was one for $80ish.... so i got the general hydroponics test kit with the drops for now, till int the best but at least i kno i need to bitch at the ph strip company and say hey, ur shit was off..... just stopping by now and then, trying to get my montherin law on the road so ill be back later wheni go to mix up some food,

but i did get some cal mag hawk, not bad $18, but i think my prob was ph... i mean really, those strips said my tap wasa 6.2, bu this one says 7+.. o i think when i adjusted the sol and the strip said 5.8 i migh have ment 6.8 in all realiy... got water getting up to room temp now, so like i said later ill post what i mix in,

o,, btw,,,, how much calmag should i use?

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

InvisiblePhallus
Enthomyorticultre
 User Gallery

#660233 - 02/25/13 08:06 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Alright big boss,  this is everything you will need to know as far as this last post and your system of growing.

A couple things need to be addressed, and it is how you are handling things.  At this point my suggestion is you stop adding nutes, and only add the cal-mag, wait a day or two and see how the plant reacts. 

1) Adding nutes, plus the addition of cal mag is going to make it very difficult to decipher this issue completely, because you can never be sure with plants and you have to diagnose.  Many symptoms for issues with plants are very similar.  Yes you could be feeling the extent of a lockout or it could just be Mg deficient, but given your current system you need cal-mag.

2) Next, make sure that cal mag is appropriated for your style of grow.  some cal mag solutions can only be used in hydroponics systems, and some can only be used for soil and what not; (id ask the guy at the store).

For future reference, cal-mag is really essential for plants.  You may read to dial down your nutes to some amount (depending on what the plant can handle and what stage it is in) AND THIS IS TRUE BUT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT CAL MAG IS ESSENTIAL AT FULL AMOUNT.  The nutes people are usually referring to are the three bottles of GH mixture your working with.  For you I read that you had your nutes coming in at 1/4(X); x= recommended amount (on bottle usually or website)...This is true, but you have to realize cal mag needs to be in there in full (i usually make smaller adjustments depending on the # of plants that are being nuted), then you add in the rest of your dialed down nutes (GH trio).  This can be a little confusing, but you will realize this over time through trial and error, so hopefully we can just save you on the number of trials.

Also, next time you take a pic (which it is a good one), try taking one of the full system, or a few more shots, that way diagnosing is not such a guess for us.  Give us something to work with.  I diagnose plant problems all day and have numerous experiments running in our greenhouse at the university, and these are the factors I consider important and their priority, yet still I could always be wrong simply due to the fact that plants elicit many similar symptoms and there are always so many factors and variables to consider both tangible and intangible.

InvisiblePhallus
Enthomyorticultre
 User Gallery

Re: so i got another problem (pic) [Re: Phallus]
    #660234 - 02/25/13 08:10 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Oh Shoot, yes you have rhino fingers most likely from over watering... (I think the continous addition of nutes did this, plus the way he waters.  You have yet to mention how you even feed these plants, which is quite essential info.  I've worked with the basic ph strip, you just need to be vigilant and be sure even if it is a pain in the ass, and especially if you have to care to other needs like family issues.  Also, make sure you always stir your nutes in nicely wait like 10 minutes then ph the water with that vial and drop ph kit you got there.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#660295 - 02/26/13 01:01 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

hi phallus,
i just have to ask, have you read the posts?
do u know what i am growing in?
i hear what you are saying, and i only gave her a shot of calmag last night. but i do not think u know about how i am growing.

--------------------

InvisiblePhallus
Enthomyorticultre
 User Gallery

#660315 - 02/26/13 05:30 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I have the read the posts and I don't understand what your system is, hence
Quote:

take a pic (which it is a good one), try taking one of the full system, or a few more shots, that way diagnosing is not such a guess for us.  Give us something to work with.

You said coir and perlite, but haven't elaborated further. Are coir and perlite mixed like a soil in a pot that you water through and let it drain out the bottom or I don't have a clue, it's information that should be shared if you want more assistance.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#660344 - 02/26/13 09:43 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

the system is growing in coco w/ perlite.
pic was taken of the problem, how could more help? i am sure we know what a bucket with holes in it look like.
and the last part i think answered the first part of your post?
not trying to be a dick man but you have to see it from my perspective, i can see you do not kno about growing in coco(or you may idk) but like i said look at i from my angle. i posted the info, listend, made adjust according to you're guys thoughts, bu i can be held accountable if you do not read certin cult threads deadacated to a way of growing. i was not around for 2 years,, came back and saw i could use coco, well shit i had a ton of it, so i typed coco in the search engine, thats my expert "TC" advice i take, the consensus on the thousands of posts i will read all over a stupid word such as coco or ph. my plans not doing so hot so i asked for some help cos i did not see anything like this in the hundreds of posts from here/grasscity/ic and more. i do feel i have gave more than enough info, i think i even found out what the problem was (those faulty ph test strips) giving me a reading of 6.0 when it was more like 7.6-8. i did what you said and just dosed her with calmag ph'ed water. she is looking better and i think she is ready for some new food now cos of the starving the past 3ish days. lower leafs are showing N def wih yellowing of the bottommost leafs(1 1/2) witch is turning yellow, cant be a overdose or lock out cos i flushed her clean(130 ppm runoff same as tap here)  only gave her the calmag.

hey man...
hugs not slugs bro.:phreaklove:

--------------------

InvisiblePhallus
Enthomyorticultre
 User Gallery

#660347 - 02/26/13 10:08 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

No slugs:nicesmile: You're still assuming that everyone can figure out your setup from "coir and perlite," apparently I made an accurate assumption but I've no way to know without clarification. I wanted images of your potting system because your reservoir environment is a significant variable in how your plant is treated and responding. I still don't really understand, but if she's looking better then enjoy. Godspeed. Stay the hell away from strips, the GH vial and drops isn't bad at all. I got a digital pen on amazon for like $8, I've only praise for it

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #660367 - 02/27/13 02:16 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

We figured it out :shrug:

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#660802 - 03/02/13 04:44 AM (11 years, 29 days ago)

yes and no i guess.
i will get a pic later of it.
been giving the cal mag 1/2 str with food and full str w/o food alternating waterings every other day.
the rest of her is going great, just that dam top...

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#660803 - 03/02/13 04:51 AM (11 years, 29 days ago)

ok so i put the pic in the first post, so you could see the diffrence in growth or what not, but ""EVERYTHING"" with yellow came from that growth tip in the first pic. hope this will help a bit cos its been like a week.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#660892 - 03/02/13 09:13 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Wow wtf? :boobsmell:

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: so i got another problem (pic) [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #660959 - 03/03/13 12:39 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

thats what im trying to figure out lol bud..

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#660967 - 03/03/13 02:27 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

maybe a zinc problem?

--------------------

InvisiblePhallus
Enthomyorticultre
 User Gallery

#660990 - 03/03/13 05:11 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I'm still having trouble understanding your procedure and can't find anything searching "coir and perlite." I've run hydroponic reservoirs, drip and aero, and have a decent understanding of plant needs. Why are you watering and changing your nutes every other day? Again, I'd like to see how your plant is receiving its food.

Quote:

been giving the cal mag 1/2 str with food and full str w/o food alternating waterings every other day.

You describe your procedure like this constantly. Still without elaborating:
Quote:

im in a coco perlite mix, must be waterd every day/other day..

So you have a pot mixed 50/50 coir/perlite with holes in the bottom in a draining tub? Your pot is perlite in the bottom half and coir in the top, vice versa, or 70/20? You have to water it every day because?

I want to be helpful in diagnosing your situation, but I need further elaboration. I'll look back in your other thread to see if you've already done so...

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bat Country Flag
    #661813 - 03/11/13 04:14 PM (11 years, 20 days ago)

It looks like Iron deficiency to me. Micro nutrient deficiencies show at the top of the plant first, and if your ph is too low (I think i read 5.8?) then the plant is less able to access iron. Even if you add Iron to the soil it wont take it up until you correct the ph. Thats just what i think..

--------------------
* Die For Your Government *

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: so i got another problem (pic) [Re: Zombi3]
    #661815 - 03/11/13 04:28 PM (11 years, 20 days ago)

This is NOT a soil grow people.  It's a soil less.  Please read the posts before making comments.  We've been over this part multiple times in this thread already.

So did you ever get a handle on what you're pH actually is?

Did you ever see this with the other nutrient lines you've used?  It seems to have shown up as soon as you started this new one.  It is possible you have a bad batch of nutes and they don't contain everything you need.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bat Country Flag
    #661816 - 03/11/13 04:30 PM (11 years, 20 days ago)

Coco/perlite is a soilless mix i get that, but ph plays a roll in availability of iron regardless of medium.

--------------------
* Die For Your Government *

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: so i got another problem (pic) [Re: Zombi3]
    #661817 - 03/11/13 04:33 PM (11 years, 20 days ago)

Soil less requires a lower pH, much like hydro.  Iron would still be available.  In fact when treating Iron deficiency you lower the pH to below 6.5 because alkaline soils tend to make Iron unavailable.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#661854 - 03/11/13 09:52 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

yea im sill round, been busy.
she/it is doing much better, ill get a pic tomorrow, main growth tip is starting to return to normal, was giving the micro/grow/bloom to her but after a lot of reading i have started the lucas regimen friday, witch is 6/9 or the head's regminen idk what to call it, and it perked up so much now i am doing it tha way, cos from what i read the micro has enough N to suppor the plants needs and what not. i also and still adding he calmag but i have cut it back to 2-3ml/gal.
i also read more recent post on this method and have found that ph between 5.8-6.0 hav been working better for nute uptake.
also, i tested something, bought RO water vs my tap water in terms of ppm's, my tap water after the nutes and a ph'down ppm's are at 900+, the RO water afer nutes and a ph"up ppm's are 734.
here are some pics from thursday i think b4 she started to perk back up.
full shot no lst

after lst

the bad spots

and some sex-bits for perverts to help identify lol.

every node has one and not multiple, no hairs, makin me nervous.

the other plant i had was male, but i did use i for practice cloning and wow, i sucked last time i grew using the pucks and a dome w/ expensive rooting gel, this time just a $5 rooting powder from lowes, a party cup, some coco, and that was it, made the cutting coverd in powder and stuck into the coco under a 18w cfl 27k 1 foot away and i had 1" roots by the 10th day, all 3 i made. idk jus a achevement for myself too see how easy cloneing coulod be.

idk im ramblin bu ill get a pic tomorrow of how she is picking up.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder