Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNSFWMainer
Maine-iac
Male

Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower?
    #659912 - 02/21/13 09:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? - Seeds
2. How old are your plants? - going on day 32 flower
3. How tall are your plants? - about... 3-4 feet
4. What size containers are they planted in? - 5gal
5. What is your soil mix? - Organic Viago
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? - Distilled water, Foxfarm nutes
7. What is the pH of your water? - Not sure.. Distilled, i did check it previously and it was a constant ph.
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? - IDK what NPK means, I am using Foxfarm Big  Bloom, grow big and tiger bloom
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? - No i do not. I do spray with the same distilled water i use for watering.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 400watt LED
11. How close are your lights to the plants? about 4 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 8 tall, 4 wide. 10 deep (walk in closet)
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? temp is pretty constant at 67-70
14. What is the pH of the soil? - Unsure again >.<
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? - The occasional gnat. Been able to keep them under control.
16. How much experience do you have growing? - this is my 3rd harvest.

Okay so, My buds look very strange. I will try and explain. It looks like she has a bunch of seedpods, they spread and open up just like seeds, (kinda look like little leaves o:) then dry out and fall off. The buds themselves are healthy. Giving off a slight minty scent and not brittle to the touch, (Minus the fact when i tap them these 'pods' shed like dandruff.)

I can add a picture but as of writing this i have none.

Another odd aspect of this plant (a new strain for me) is it sheds massive amounts of what i am assuming to be thc powder? I hope its powder and not mold ... The powder is far more like baby powder and less like crystal. Ill upload a pic of the powder and the buds. Along with the plant itself.

This strain was a strange one. It was two spliced strains that were then spliced together again.. Ive had a lot of issues with this strain over the last few months.

Is there anything wrong?

First Pic: The plant

Second Pic: Dust.. I tapped the bud and that just poofed out. It did not grow on the leaves

3rd is a bit of a closer pic of the make up of the buds. Also seen in the pic above with lots of space in them and not really the bud i am used to seeing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNSFWMainer
Maine-iac
Male

Re: Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower? [Re: NSFWMainer]
    #659913 - 02/21/13 09:33 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

oh i missed a couple of details.

I water every 3-4 days and feed every 8 or so.

Also there are no males. Just this one female lol

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #659929 - 02/21/13 10:31 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well that's not a female.  That would be a male.  The thc "dust" is pollen.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #659936 - 02/22/13 05:44 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Wow you should have killed that fucker long ago .

OfflineNSFWMainer
Maine-iac
Male

Re: Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #659937 - 02/22/13 07:19 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

are you serious? lol... I suppose its better than mold.. *sigh* guess im a little green still o: lol

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#659938 - 02/22/13 07:24 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

yea its for sure a male at first look i thought they were hermies but thats just male.Can you get better pics before you kill his ass .

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #659941 - 02/22/13 07:44 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:ilold:

Sorry about the laugh at your expense man, and sorry you didn't get any smoke from this grow. 
On a side note, I don't think I've ever seen a male grown to maturity in ideal conditions so you've definitely shown me something new!

Now advice: First of all, if you have any other plants in house, they're definitely fully seeded which is gonna kind of ruin them as well, but you'll have an interesting F1 generation to grow now (silver lining)!  Once you've chopped down and thrown away that plant, you're gonna want to get a spray bottle and hose down the entire grow space with water.  If the plant wasn't grown in a tent, you want to go on a cleaning rampage throughout the room in order to kill/remove all of the pollen-and it looks like there is going to be A LOT. That'll ensure that your next grow doesn't get pollinated.

Finally, is this the first time you've grown from seed?  Have you just always grown from clones in the past?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #659948 - 02/22/13 08:46 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I think Im done with all seeds but fem and autos because I just had to kill
two males this moring. They looked bad ass but males so fuck that .I put alot of time and love in those dicks . So that y clones and fem seeds are for me !!

THIS IS ONE OF THE ALLUSIVE MALES I KILL

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#659951 - 02/22/13 10:08 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

wow those are straight ball sack colas, never seen that before lol.

sorry to hear

OfflineUSAlien234
Stranger

Re: Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower? [Re: PoloDown]
    #660010 - 02/23/13 07:42 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well I wouldn't give up on ALL seeds. Study a bit. There are ways to tell if your plant is male or female early on in the flowering process. Then toss the male as soon as its spotted in your grow. Keep the females and soon you can be exploring a whole new field.

My friend has found a seed or two on a rare occasion of some really dank bud he bought. He studied what to look for after he grew them out, kept the girls and now he never has to buy that strain again from some dude on the street. Just a thought.

Maybe even down the road, you want to mix certain pollens from males that have awesome growth/characteristic traits with female plants that you also admire.

Anyway whatever you decide I hope you stay safe and have fun.

oh and definitely take 81renaissance advice and clean your room really well from that pollen !!

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Buds look... odd.. falling apart during flower? [Re: USAlien234]
    #660015 - 02/23/13 09:41 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I know im always germin new seeds I was just so pissed.
I just spent so much time topping and trying too (FIM) and all.I was just jacked!!!!

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#661072 - 03/04/13 04:58 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I'm sorry about your loss but I just had to laugh at this! 

Better luck next time!  I'm sure you learned something ....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order