Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Dry buds, bendy stems
    #653956 - 01/05/13 09:33 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Oddly enough, after drying my first harvest for 5 days, some of the buds are dry, yet the stems are still bending.

I'm afraid that if I wait until the stems are snapping dry, the buds will be far too dry. (They feel like they're wanting to crumble a little bit already.)

Should I go ahead and cut the dry ones, or wait a few more days?

EDIT: I went ahead and cut & jarred them, total was 51.5g dry and sticky as all hell. :dancer:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (01/06/13 04:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dry buds, bendy stems [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #654002 - 01/06/13 05:57 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

instead of a jar try moving them loosely into a paper bag inside a plastic bag, and use the plastic bag to control the final few days worth of humidity. The stems should snap slightly before you cut them off the stems, and then you can throw them back into the bags for another couple of days. the buds are dry when the stem is brittle.

and then once they are mostly dry then move them to jars for curing

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Dry buds, bendy stems [Re: phychotron]
    #654163 - 01/07/13 04:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

I couldn't find any paper bags lying around, so I just left them in the jars, turned on their side so that the buds aren't piled up on top of each other, with the lids off. After about 2 hours they started to dry up a little more, so I'm sealing the jars up overnight, but leaving them open during the day until they're dry enough to start a real "cure".

They were definitely a little too moist to stay in the sealed jars. :ashamed:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dry buds, bendy stems [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #654213 - 01/07/13 06:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

At the grocery store when they are bagging your groceries ask them for paper bags. Back in the day it used to be just paper, then they would ask you "paper or plastic", then they just automatically give you plastic. Now it's, "do you want to buy some reusable grocery bags."

Some places don't carry the paper bags at all anymore. I saw some in the (small, winter) garden section of walmart today, they were much larger and probably better suited for buds. Only $1.58 for 6.  You can just dip your hand in and give it a gentle turn, while also feeling the buds for dryness.  It takes longer than you think before they can get jarred up. Especially during the winter, it takes much longer to dry (weeks instead of days).

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates