Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexthrx
Stranger
Couple weeks flowering, little progress though?
    #650012 - 12/07/12 07:29 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This has been flowering for the past couple weeks but very slowly. The plant is about 1 and a half months old maybe a little longer. I just got organic nutes for it, is it still looking ok? :S

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

Re: Couple weeks flowering, little progress though? [Re: xthrx]
    #650016 - 12/07/12 07:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Is your dark cycle totally dark?

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
Re: Couple weeks flowering, little progress though? [Re: Kief]
    #650017 - 12/07/12 07:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The enclosure is covered with blankets and no light shines in, its as dark as I can make it atleast =/ Does that look like the problem?

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#650019 - 12/07/12 07:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have no idea.  What lights are you using?  Those internodes look quite long.

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
Re: Couple weeks flowering, little progress though? [Re: Kief]
    #650020 - 12/07/12 08:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Just one 400w halide tube

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #650029 - 12/07/12 10:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well if it's only been 2 weeks, your just ending the stretch phase.  It takes a few weeks for it to start producing flowers.  Should start real quick like, unless there's light getting in.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
Re: Couple weeks flowering, little progress though? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #650036 - 12/07/12 11:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, this is harder than expected, hope it turns out okay =\

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #650249 - 12/09/12 02:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Stay with it.
A few notes for future reference:
Keep the light closer to the plant during the veg process-Kief referenced how broad your internode spacing is; what he means is that the stem space between branches indicates that the plant has been stretching for light during the entire veg period.  This can be remedied by keeping the light source closer to the plant, resulting in shorter internode spacing, a bushier plant, and more energy put into bud/trich production.

Also, clear day and night light cycles are CRITICAL to cannabis.  The "day" cycle during flowering should have as much light as possible (your 400 watt bulb is more than adequate), and the "night" cycle has got to be COMPLETELY dark.  If you have light coming in to your grow space during the dark periods, you greatly increase the chance of hermaphroditic plants that self-pollinate, and then you have lots of useless seeds messing up your smoke.
I want to be clear that by "dark" I mean pitch-black, no ambient light, no pinholes, nothing.

Hope that helps a bit, and I'll be keeping an eye on this to see how it finishes.
Feel free to give us some more info about the grow details, and maybe we can help you out for your next one. :yesnod::thumbup:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
Re: Couple weeks flowering, little progress though? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #650371 - 12/09/12 11:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well I think its obviously a sativa from the leafs structure so theyre spose to be taller and less bushy right? But I think i mustve had the light to high during the initial vege part because the rest of the time the light has been almost to close and burning the plants. I  have it at roughly 23-30 cms away. I make the enclosure as dark as possible but the actual setup would make you laugh. Basically a light is attached to a heater which are ontop of pallets in the corner of a room with a bookshelf and freezer next to it then black sacks around the enclosure to ensure no light is getting in, which does the trick well enough, there are no direct streams of light etc. I guess I will hope and wait :frown: what if I put it outside from here on out, would that make a difference? The temperature is boiling hot all day.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #650425 - 12/10/12 10:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Don't put it outside, if you start a plant indoors, you have to harden it by gradually moving it to an outdoor environment.  If you do that during flowering, I would bet you're going to increase the chance of her throwing banners (hermaphrodite flowers), or just out and out killing it.
Keep going for now, we all have to have our first grow; this one is yours!  See what you can get off of her.
If you get a chance, fill us in on some more details of the grow:
Light cycle during veg(24/0?), length of veg, light cycle during flower (12/12?) brand of nutes, what kind of bulb in your reflector, feeding schedule, amount of nutes given, anything that gives more info. 
There are many of us here who can help you clean it up and increase your success on the next round, and keep in mind that that's what we're doing: INCREASING your success, because you've kept her alive and you'll probably get a small yield, but a yield nonetheless-many first time growers don't even get that far!:thumbup:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
Re: Couple weeks flowering, little progress though? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #650537 - 12/10/12 10:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

She was veged on 18/6 for 4 weeks, then I swapped it to 12/12. I dont have a reflector for my bulb as my setup does not allow it [i know, its bad], im thinking this might be a problem? Nutes brand is called " Aunty Janes Fruit and Flower ". Feeding schedule is every 2-3 days depending on how the soil looks, Im only feeding nutes twice a week with more parts water to nutes at this stage..

What I find strange is at my old flat we grew huge plants by just putting them infront of a window that got sun almost all day and it was a tinted window, and we have no control on the light leaks at all, basically they wouldve all been stressed out by the lights going on off at night and they all produced very good flower, and quite alot aswell. I did nothing to them at all just fed them water.

An update on my plant at the moment, it looks almost no different to when I made this post, which is only 3 days but still..

I guess Ill feel better if it actually starts budding because then i know atleast ill get something. Are there any strains that just do not flower?

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
    #650664 - 12/11/12 06:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Im going to give up on this project if there are no buds forming by christmas :frown: still literally no progress, couple of the hairs nearish the bottom have turned orangey.. No buds formed at all.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #650674 - 12/11/12 07:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's been 4 days since you posted man.  Flowering takes 7-11 weeks.  You need to be patient.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
    #650685 - 12/11/12 09:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

When would you suggest waiting till?

Ive tied down the top a bit to give all the lower branches extra light and ive got a fan running on it constantly during the day now. I mean, by christmas shouldnt I see some sort of progress man?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #650743 - 12/12/12 01:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sure you should.  But just be patient. 

And if you don't see anything, figure out why, don't just give up.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #650813 - 12/12/12 07:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

these plants are 16 days into the flowering cycle my man, those buds won't start looking big until about week 5, they won't fill out until about week 6/7.  If you picked up a sativa or a sativa dominant strain you are in for a long haul of a flowering cycle.  You might not see serious buds start to develop until week 8 or 9.  You just need to have patience or you will go NOWHERE in this hobby.

Just suck it and let nature take its course dude, don't try to play god here and force things to go your way (they won't).  If you can't handle waiting this long you probably shouldn't be growing pot (and definitely not growing sat heavy strains).

Just relax and smoke a bowl and be happy they're alive and thriving!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
Re: Couple weeks flowering, little progress though? [Re: coda]
    #650870 - 12/12/12 11:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Your plants at 16 days look like they have bud forming on them. These have been budding for about the same time and show almost nothing. But you're right I guess, this is honestly just a hobby for me, I have to start somewhere if i want to be better next time!

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
    #652036 - 12/19/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

the guys on this forum will help you. LISTEN to the advise they give you, they know what they are doing!!!! have patience

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder