Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
Need grow tent input please
    #643168 - 11/02/12 08:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hey guys im looking at getting a good grow tent that i can grow 12 plants at a time. But i was wondering are there any tents that block heat scanning? And also one that has good venting options so i can controll the the smell(were i can put a negitive air flow to run it all threw air filters)

would there be any like this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need grow tent input please [Re: baddagger]
    #643208 - 11/02/12 11:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

check ebay for good prices on tents. Thermal scanning is a problem when you vent out of your house.

They have vent holes of all sizes, I suggest nothing less than 8" duct/fan.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Need grow tent input please [Re: phychotron]
    #645091 - 11/09/12 10:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Edited by 13buds (11/09/12 10:58 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need grow tent input please [Re: 13buds]
    #645110 - 11/10/12 07:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
and you need at least a 16" oscillating fan also.

Make sure to get the tower fan style and save a bunch of room in your tent. A large fan head swinging back and forth takes up a shit ton too much space.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#645932 - 11/14/12 07:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
carbon filter 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-CARBON-FILTER-COMBO-INLINE-FAN-EXHAUST-HYDROPONIC-/160822923792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2571cb1210

I use these and they are great.  :yesnod:

Wow, that is a great price.  You use one too...how noisy is the fan?

Thank you for sharing.  I may just get one of those.

(though I love the DIY I saw here too)

Take care,

JD

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need grow tent input please [Re: Javadog]
    #645967 - 11/15/12 12:48 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

they can be pretty loud when they're running on full blast. A speed control is easy to make out of a 3-prong extension cord, blue outlet box and a fan speed switch (not a dimmer, but right next to them in the store.)

the 8" fan will move ~750cfm and can run at just 60% speed to move the same amount of air as the 6" on full blast. If noise is a concern then get larger, insulated ducting and make sure your fan is mounted firmly. If you bolt the fan into the wall it will still need something stabilizing it from vibrating. The mount they give is insufficient-- 2 sheet metal screws on one side. If you stabilize the other end to the wall (angle pieces on both sides) it will stop shaking.

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#646150 - 11/16/12 04:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

mines in my tent so if my tent is zipped up I dont hear it at all, my bedroom is in the room next door and I dont hear it over my room fan. :smirk:

I leave my filter/blower run 24/7 and only notice the volume when Im feeding/in the tent. :thumbup:

just keep the prefilter/dust cover clean :yesnod:

I just stood my filter up in a corner of my tent and set the blower right on top then ran the flex vent tubing up to my light and then another section from the light out of the tent to where ever your venting your hot air.  no vibrations or extra noise from that unit.  sounds like a hair dryer a bit. :blazed:

<--back right corner is my filter/blower

--------------------
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Edited by 13buds (11/16/12 05:07 AM)

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#646158 - 11/16/12 09:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks 13!

Offlinebaddagger
Stranger
    #648941 - 12/01/12 08:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

lol forgot about this post I put up.. thanks for the help, hopefully I can order soon and start

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#648947 - 12/01/12 08:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
mines in my tent so if my tent is zipped up I dont hear it at all, my bedroom is in the room next door and I dont hear it over my room fan. :smirk:

I leave my filter/blower run 24/7 and only notice the volume when Im feeding/in the tent. :thumbup:

just keep the prefilter/dust cover clean :yesnod:

I just stood my filter up in a corner of my tent and set the blower right on top then ran the flex vent tubing up to my light and then another section from the light out of the tent to where ever your venting your hot air.  no vibrations or extra noise from that unit.  sounds like a hair dryer a bit. :blazed:

<--back right corner is my filter/blower

Is that you 13?  LOL, good to see you here.  I am a late arrival.

I wondered if you might get better heat transfer if you hung the
filter higher in the tent.  This is what I intend to do.

I built the DIY filter that I found here:

I used the entire width of the hardware cloth....it is a monster and
is taking about 8 bags of carbon pellets to fill. (that thick string
is just keeping it upright while I wait for the additional pellets
to arrive)

I will be buying another if needed, and may get the filter+fan+duct
that I have seen on eBay for a decent price.

Take care,

JD

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#654744 - 01/12/13 01:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Javadog said:

Is that you 13?  LOL, good to see you here.  I am a late arrival.

I wondered if you might get better heat transfer if you hung the
filter higher in the tent.  This is what I intend to do.

Take care,

JD

:tardhi:  its me :yesnod:  Omicron :hehehe:

the blower I have blows almost all the heat that comes of the light right out the vent.  I just need to figure out how to cool the room during the hot summer months or I just dont grow during those times. :shrug:

:getstoned:

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #654786 - 01/12/13 01:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's called an air conditioner.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: Need grow tent input please [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #655653 - 01/19/13 11:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
It's called an air conditioner.

to much power used on 1 circuit, I keep tripping breakers if I use an A/C unit.  only 1 outlet and its alreay got my 1000w light/ballast/fan and carbon filter/blower plugged into it..  :shrug2:

cant run extension cords to the room or it will give away the stealth effect. :smirk:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #655703 - 01/20/13 01:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's called installing new outlets.  :cookiemonster:

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #655706 - 01/20/13 02:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

new outlets won't help(unless they're very old/cheap quality), he needs a higher amperage breaker, its probably 15a, you need a 20a. Otherwise an additional breaker would be required, new wiring, outlets... a pain in the ass. 

Hire an electrician, try an ad on craigslist saying you'll pay $20 to a real electrician(say you need proof, or you might get some old tweaker looking for a fix) to swap out a breaker. As long as your house was built after the 70's it should have adequate wiring.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #655707 - 01/20/13 02:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

oh, and no guarantee it will support an air conditioner as well, but it should help.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #655709 - 01/20/13 03:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well that's what I meant by new outlets bro....I know that just replacing them wont help. 

Guess I should have been more specific.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#655726 - 01/20/13 09:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

my house was built in 1889 :wow:

I already drilled a hole through the floor to run 1 extension cord down to my basement to plug in on a diff circuit.  cus when both my veg light and flowering lights would both turn on it was too much load.  pop!  :shrug:

2 diff rooms share the same dividing wall and outlet. :shrug2:

Im making due :stoner:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #655733 - 01/20/13 10:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Forget what I said, you'll burn your house down if your wiring is that old. Make sure to use a heavy duty 15amp+ extension cord--you'll get the most out of it, and make it short as possible, a new end if needed.  You probably don't even have grounded 3 prong outlets.

Completely off topic...
You should also consider a UPC for you computer (battery backup steady-power supply) to keep the spikes and drops from messing up your machine. A surge protector alone won't do it. I used to live in a house built in 1905 and my computer kept having issues at that house. a few power supplies burnt out, restarting by itself... it all went away when I moved.

Some of the early networking options instead of using CAT-5 cable on a LAN used your existing power outlets to communicate. It didn't catch on, but in theory if you are plugged into the same grid you can also spy on someone's computer, by the way it draws electricity--total cold war shit.

A friend of mine said he was going all electronic ballasts because the old one's give feedback to the grid. Not sure how accurate that is though...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds