Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNorbert
Stranger

just became a MMJ patient! but..
    #598316 - 11/24/11 11:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

is a mmj ID with papers from a doctor obtained in cali valid in the state of NJ where MMJ is legal?

Edited by Norbert (11/24/11 11:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: just became a MMJ patient! but.. [Re: Norbert]
    #598325 - 11/24/11 01:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

it depends on new jersey's laws. Every state is slightly different.:shrug:
Not that this really helps, but i know any mmj patient (with a qualifying condition under Maines state laws) can come to maine (where i live) and visit a dispensary. I can't quite recall exactly how it works, but the patient must contact their doctor (months in advance) and then have information faxed to the mmj friendly state they are visiting.

Just call up the department responsible for regulating the laws and what not out in jersey.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Invisibleunknown
Mr.

#619039 - 04/18/12 11:11 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Are you moving? If so, why not just apply in NJ and have both

--------------------

OfflineRonhero
Ocean Grown
Male

Loc: West Arizona Bay
    #628813 - 06/21/12 09:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No, I am a NJ native and have my cali medical ID and it is for the state of cali only. What it did help me do is apply for my medical in NJ but NJ medical is NOTHING like cali medical is.

PM me if you have more questions fellow transplanter haha

--------------------

Babo911 on the Shroomery is me

Offlineairmidnutrition
Stranger
Sexual Health *DELETED* [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #641152 - 10/20/12 06:15 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by hawksapprentice

Reason for deletion: advertising

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Sexual Health *DELETED* [Re: airmidnutrition]
    #645904 - 11/14/12 02:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The answer is NO... below is right from NJ's site

6. I possess a medicinal marijuana patient card from another state; may I use it in NJ to obtain medicinal marijuana?

No, to be eligible for the New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana program you must:
•Maintain a bona fide relationship with a New Jersey physician who has been registered and approved by the MMP and,
•Be certified with a debilitating medical condition by the approved New Jersey physician.
•Be a New Jersey resident.

Hold a valid patient identification card issued by the New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana Program

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Sexual Health *DELETED* [Re: GBurger717]
    #645905 - 11/14/12 02:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Heres all the info direct from there site

Patient FAQ’s

1. How do I (Patient) register to participate in the program?

The patient’s bona fide physician initiates the patient’s application via online registration.  The physician must first register themselves with the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program Physician Registry.  Once registered the physician must complete an Attending Physician Statement for each individual patient.  Upon submission of the statement a unique Patient Reference Number will be produced.  The physician will need to provide the patient with this Reference Number.  The patient or their designee will go to http://njmmp.nj.gov ; and complete the following steps to complete the registration process:
•Select "Patient Registration" on the left side of the screen of the MMP registry page.

•Enter all required information as noted by a "red asterisk".
◦The Patient Reference Number must be included; this is the number that was provided by the physician.
◦Select "Submit" and the Patient Registration page will appear.

•Complete all required information on the Patient Registration page
◦If applicable, enter primary caregiver information
◦Read and acknowledge the Patient Certification

•Check the appropriate box indicating that the terms have been understood.

•"Save and Continue".

•Patients will now be required to upload photographs and documents.

2. I’m under the age of 18 and have a listed debilitating disease. Can I register?

Patients under the age of 18 that suffer from a debilitating medical condition are considered minor patients and may register with the New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana Program (MMP). Minor patients are required to have a legal custodian assume responsibility as their caregiver until they are 18 years of age; in which case the patient will need to re-register as an adult.

3. Where do I find a doctor who has been approved by the MMP?

Speak with your primary physician about registering with the Medicinal Marijuana Program.  Physicians must be registered with the program in order to certify your eligibility.  As of April 16, 2012 a list of participating physicians was released to aid patients suffering from debilitating medical conditions.  This list can assist the patient in locating a physician in their area.

This list can be found at: http://www.state.nj.us/health/medicalmarijuana/find_phy.shtml

4. What debilitating medical conditions are approved by the program?

A physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program.  Approved debilitating medical conditions include:
•Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
•Multiple sclerosis
•Terminal cancer
•Muscular dystrophy
•Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
•Terminal illness, if the physician has determined a prognosis of less than 12 months of life.

The following conditions apply, if resistant to, or if the patient is intolerant to, conventional therapy:
•Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
•Intractable skeletal muscular spasticity
•Glaucoma

The following conditions apply, if severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome results from the condition or treatment thereof:
•Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
•Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
•Cancer

5. My condition is debilitating but it’s not on that list. What can I do?

As per rules & regulations, the MMP will not accept any petition to add to the approved list of debilitating medical conditions before completing at least two annual reports required pursuant to N.J.A.C 8:64-4.2.

6. I possess a medicinal marijuana patient card from another state; may I use it in NJ to obtain medicinal marijuana?

No, to be eligible for the New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana program you must:
•Maintain a bona fide relationship with a New Jersey physician who has been registered and approved by the MMP and,
•Be certified with a debilitating medical condition by the approved New Jersey physician.
•Be a New Jersey resident.

Hold a valid patient identification card issued by the New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana Program

7. Will my application be confidential?

A Patient’s application will only be available to your registered physician, the NJMMP staff, and ATC personnel. However, the NJMMP and ATC personnel will use the patients' application for identity verification purposes only.

8. What should I tell my employer if I am subjected to a drug test?

A qualifying patient, primary caregiver, alternative treatment center, physician, or any other person acting in accordance with the provisions of act N.J.S.2C:35-18 shall not be subject to any civil or administrative penalty, or denied any right or privilege, including, but not limited to, civil penalty or disciplinary action by a professional licensing board, related to the medical use of marijuana as authorized under this act.

The Program recommends that a patient be familiarized with act N.J.S.2C:35-18 and refers to legal consultation for the applicability concerning this matter. 

9. Are there any other alternative forms of marijuana offered by ATC’s?

Depending on the ATC, alternative options of medicinal marijuana are available as a lozenge (solid oral dosage designed to dissolve or disintegrate slowly in the mouth) or topical formulation (transcutaneous therapeutic marijuana extract).  Food products containing marijuana are not provided by them.

10. If qualified and approved, are there any restrictions regarding the use of medical marijuana?

The Department notes that smoking medicinal marijuana falls within the definition of "smoking" as set forth in the Smoke Free Air Act at N.J.S.A. 26:3D-57, and is therefore subject to the provisions of the Smoke Free Air Act.

Patients may not,
•Operate, navigate, or be in control of any vehicle, aircraft, railroad train, or stationary heavy equipment vessel while under the influence of marijuana.

Patients may not smoke medicinal marijuana,
•On a school bus or public form of transportation.
•In a private vehicle unless the vehicle is not in operation.
•On any school grounds, in any correctional facility, at any public park or beach, at any recreation center.
•Any area pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:33-13.

11. How much medicinal marijuana can I get approved for?

Medical marijuana will be packaged in ¼ ounce denominations.  The patient’s physician will determine the proper dosage; however, the maximum amount allowed by law is 2 ounces in a 30 day period.

12. What is a bona fide physician-patient relationship?

A bona fide relationship is defined as: a relationship in which the physician has ongoing responsibility for the assessment, care and treatment of a patient’s debilitating medical condition whereby:
•The physician-patient relationship has existed for at least one year; or
•The physician has seen and/or assessed the patient for the debilitating medical condition on at least four visits; or
•The physician assumes responsibility for providing management and care of the patient’s debilitating medical condition after conducting a comprehensive medical history and physical examination, including a personal review of the patient’s medical record maintained by other treating physicians reflecting the patient’s reaction and response to conventional medical therapies.

13. It is too difficult for me to travel. Can someone help me get medicinal marijuana?

Yes.  A qualified patient can designate a primary caregiver who must register with the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program. Your caregiver can assist you with the procedures necessary to obtain your medicinal marijuana from a selected Alternative Treatment Center.

14. How do I register my primary caregiver?

All primary caregivers must register with the NJMMP and submit to the required fingerprint and background check.  This can be done via our website or through the United States Postal Service.  Applications will be reviewed and approved upon satisfactory completion.

15. Is there a fee to register?

Yes.  The fee for patients and caregivers is $200 each. Patients and caregivers who qualify for the below listed state and federal assistant programs, will be eligible to pay a fee of $20 each; registration period is valid for 2 years.
•NJ Medicaid Program
•Receipt of current Food Stamp Benefits
•Receipt of current NJ temporary disability insurance benefits
•Supplemental Security Income Benefits (SSI)
•Social Security Disability Benefits (SSD)

16. If my ID card is lost, stolen, or is damaged what do I do and is there a fee to replace the card?

If a registered patient or registered primary caregiver becomes aware of the theft, loss or destruction of his or her registry ID card, he or she shall notify the MMP within 24 hours after the discovery of the occurrence of the theft, loss, or destruction. The fee to apply for issuance of an ID card replacement is $10.00. If you receive government assistance, you will qualify for the fee of $5.00.

17. If I add a caregiver after registering with the MMP, do I need to get a new ID card?

Yes. To add a caregiver after you have already been approved for the program, you will visit njmmp.nj.gov and select “Patient Registration”. Once the caregiver is approved, they will be required to pay the registration fee of $200 or $20, if eligible for government assistance. The patient will have to pay a replacement fee for a new card with the caregiver information included on their card. The replacement fee is $10.00 or $5.00, if eligible for government assistance. Your caregiver’s effective period will begin upon their approval date and expire with the patient’s listed expiration date, regardless of the two year period.

18. Is medicinal marijuana covered by Medicaid or any other health plans?

No, medicinal marijuana is not a covered service under Medicaid or any other health plans.

19. What are the fee requirements for legal guardians and minor patients?

Designation as a legal guardian for a qualified minor patient exempts you from the application fee. The required fee for a qualified minor patient is $200; however, if the legal guardian or minor patient can provide proof of enrollment in one of the approved government assistance programs, the minor patient may qualify for the twenty ($20.00) dollar reduced application fee.

20. When my 30, 60, or 90 day certification for medicinal marijuana expires, do I have to re-register with the program?
No.  Patient registration is valid for 2 years.  However, upon expiration of your 30, 60, or 90 day certification, you must see your physician for a follow up visit.  Your physician will assess your condition and determine whether to continue your use of medicinal marijuana for an additional 30, 60, or 90 day period.  The physician will be required to log into the registry and update your physician statement.

Physician FAQ’s

1. Why does a physician have to register with the NJ Department of Health Medicinal Marijuana Program?

Only physicians that are registered with the MMP can certify patients to receive medicinal marijuana, but a physician must initiate a patient registration.  Per regulation, there must be a bona fide physician-patient relationship to start the patient application process.  Registration can be completed online at http://njmmp.nj.gov.

2. What are the requirements for a physician to register with NJ MMP?

Physicians who wish to participate in the program must:
•Hold an active New Jersey Medical license in good standing issued by the NJ Board of Medical Examiners.
•Possess an active controlled dangerous substances registration issued by the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs that is not subject to limitation.
•Practice within the State of New Jersey

3. How does a physician register with the NJ Department of Health Medicinal Marijuana Program?

A Physician can register with the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program (NJMMP) by accessing the NJMMP Registry at http://njmmp.nj.gov. ;
1.Once on the Registry homepage, click on “Physician Registration” on the left navigation bar to initiate physician registration.

2.The Physician Registration page will be displayed.  Complete all required fields (as noted by a red asterisk).

3.In addition to their name and date of birth, physicians will need to enter their medical and CDS license numbers issued by the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs (DCA) to complete their registration.

4.At the time of registration, physicians will select a username and password for future access to the Registry.

5.When all information is completed, click "Submit".

6.Once physicians submit their registration, their applications will be verified and approved by MMP staff. Registration cannot be completed without both medical and CDS license numbers which will be verified by Department of Consumer Affairs. Once approved, physicians can log in to their Registry accounts (using the username and password created during registration) and initiate patient applications. Physicians can also create accounts for their staff for updating patient statements.

4. How does a physician create an account for staff?

A Physician can add staff to their NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program Registry account by accessing the registry at http://njmmp.nj.gov and completing the following steps:
1.Once on the Registry click "Login" in the upper right corner of the page.  Using the username and password created during registration, log in to the account.

2.Once logged on, click on "User Management" from the left navigation bar, and then click on "Search User".

3.The Search User page will appear, click on "All users by physician", choose appropriate name from the drop down menu, and then click on "Search".  Verify that the staff member is not currently listed in Search Results.

4.To add a new user, click on "Add User".  The Add User page will appear.  Complete all required fields (as noted by red asterisk) and click on "Save".  A temporary password will be sent to the email address supplied. 

The new user will have to log in with the User ID created at Add User registration and the temporary password.  Once logged in the Change Password page will appear.  The new user will complete all required information (as noted by red asterisk) and click on "Save".  The new user will now have access to the physicians account within the registry

5. What do I do if I forgot my login ID?

Use the "Support" tab located in the upper right corner of the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program Registry homepage.  You will then have to click on "Contact the Program". This will forward you to the Department of Health email contact page.  Fill in the required information and you will be contacted by a member of the MMP staff.  The MMP can also be contacted by telephone at: (609)292-0424.

6. What do I do if I forgot my password?

From the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program Registry homepage, use the "Log In" tab located in the upper right corner of the page and complete the following steps:
•Log on using the personal username and password created during registration.

•Select "For My Password". ◦Enter username and "Continue".

◦Answer the required security questions and supply your email address.
◦Select "Submit"

•Your password is now reset. A temporary password has been sent to the provided email address.

•Log on using your username and temporary password.

•You will be required to set up a new password.

•Once completed, continue to the NJ MMP registry.

7. How can I assist my patient in locating a physician participating in the NJ MMP?

A list of New Jersey physicians participating in the Medicinal Marijuana Program is available on the NJ Department of Health Medicinal Marijuana Program website at: http://www.state.nj.us/health/medicalmarijuana/

The participating physician list is also available on the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program Registry homepage at: http://njmmp.nj.gov

8. What addiction medicine and pain management courses are approved by the NJ MMP?

Physician education is an ongoing process, the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program does not provide specific medical education courses. The program does recommend that physicians are well versed in all areas of pain management and addiction medicine so that they may better serve the needs of their patients. It is the physicians’ responsibility to determine the applicability of an appropriate course in pain management and addiction medicine.

9. Can an out of state physician register for the NJMMP?

To participate in the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program a physician must hold an active New Jersey medical license, in good standing, issued by the New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners, and possess an active controlled dangerous substance registration issued by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs that is not subject to limitation.  The physician must also have a physical office address located within the State of New Jersey. 

10. The 30, 60, or 90 day certification that I issued my patient has expired; must they re-register with the program?

No.  Patient registration is valid for 2 years.  However, upon expiration of physician certification, patients must be seen in your office for a follow up visit.  Physicians must log in to the registry and update the certification on the patients original physician statement.  It is the physician’s decision whether or not to certify the continued use of medicinal marijuana.

11. How much medicinal marijuana may I prescribe my patients?

As the patient's physician, you will determine the proper dosage; however, the maximum amount allowed by law is 2 ounces in a 30 day period.  ATC’s will package medicinal marijuana in ¼ ounce denominations.  Physicians may authorize a maximum amount of two ounces of marijuana in a 30 day period. If the physician does not authorize the maximum two ounce amount, they should select their recommended amount of medicinal marijuana by utilizing the drop down box on the physician statement. This will be the authorized amount in which the patient is permitted to receive from the ATC in a 30 day period.

ATC FAQ’s

1.What is the definition of an Alternative treatment center (ATC)?

"Alternative treatment center" or "ATC" means the permitted alternative treatment center authorized to grow and provide registered qualifying patients with usable marijuana and related paraphernalia in accordance with the provisions of the Act. This term shall include the organization’s officers, directors, board members, and employees.

2. Does an ATC have to have local zoning approval?

The Medicinal Marijuana program rules require ATCs to provide the Department with written verification of a municipal government body in which the ATC will be located. As with other facilities which the Department licenses, it is the responsibility of the ATC to work with the local governing body in the municipality in which they are seeking to locate. Evidence of compliance with local codes and ordinances is also required prior to issuance of a permit.

3. Can dispensaries deliver?

Alternative Treatment Centers are not permitted to deliver medicinal marijuana.

4. Will the State do background checks on ATC staff as part for the overall permitting process?

Yes. Fingerprinting and criminal history background checks are required of every owner, director, officer and employee of an ATC.

5. Does the Department have a plan to address education of law enforcement officers?

The New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana Program recognizes that approved patients will inevitably come in contact with law enforcement. The NJMMP will be preparing training programs for law enforcement to ensure that a patient using medical marijuana is registered, approved, and complying with the program.

6. How do I start my own ATC?

Currently, there are 6 ATC’s that have been selected for the Program.  If the Department decides to accept applications for additional ATC’s, information relating to the process will be available on our website.

7. Will there be more than 6 ATC’s?

As required by N.J.S.A. 24:6I-7a, which requires at least two ATCs in the Northern, Central, and Southern regions of the State, the Department will follow the development of the MMP and seek to ensure the availability of a sufficient number of ATCs. Inasmuch as the MMP is a new program, the Department is without sufficient data upon which to formulate an opinion as to whether additional ATCs will be necessary at this time.

8. How can I get a job with an ATC?

Contact ATCs directly to inquire about employment opportunities

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

OfflineVaporNation
Stranger

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Sexual Health *DELETED* [Re: GBurger717]
    #659493 - 02/18/13 03:54 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Here is NORML's analysis of NJ state law NORML New Jersey

--------------------
VaporNation.com - Your Online Vaporizer Superstore

Offlineaashte
Mr.Dick
Male

Loc: Dazed and mostly Confused Flag
Re: Sexual Health *DELETED* [Re: VaporNation]
    #667836 - 04/27/13 07:53 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Guess I aint leavin the left coast for a while.Doesn't sound like fun out there on the plains.

--------------------
"A warrior nurses from the bosom of the tribe and thus has an affination to those whom have come before him he owes them his honor and respect," Dick Garcia 04/12//2013

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale