Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhriend
/\/\♠♠♠/\/\
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the walls
Comedy Central DVD HomeGrown
    #63940 - 06/22/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Anybody own it yet ?/ Seen it ? / Wanna see it ?,

I'm downloading it now , Thought it was a movie but it's a DVD collection of some of comedy central's most memorable marijuana moments

from sketches of Dave chappelle,lewis black,Sarah Silverman
Drawn together
Crank yankers calls
RENO 911 PSA's
and more

looks fun :bongload: neways its something to do ..

heres a review

The Sarah Silverman Program - "Face Wars": Sarah gets denied entrance to a country club because of not being a member, but she thinks it's because she's Jewish. Claiming that Jews have it harder than African Americans, she pretends to be black for a day. Meanwhile, Steve and Brian smoke too much pot. The main story is really offensive and funny, and you feel guilty for laughing. The subplot is not really funny at all, although I did get a chuckle out of them trying to use a quarter to start the car.

Comedy Centrals TV Funhouse - "Christmas Day": Doug is full of Christmas cheer, and the anipals proceed to steal it and turn it into a cocaine-like drug. They get high, make asses of themselves and find Jesus. We also get the animated short "Tingles the Christmas Tension" and another segment called "Where To Look For Christmas Presents" which includes a loaf of bread as a possible location. The latter segment is the saving grace of this episode, which really isn't all that funny.

Lewis Black's Root of All Evil - "Weed vs Beer": Paul F. Tompkins claims weed is the root of all evil, while Andrew Daly says it's beer. Beer wins, although Paul's argument was funnier and more logical. Not as good as some of the other episodes (especially those with Patton Oswalt) but still funny at times.

Reno 911! - "Burning Man Festival": Lt. Dangle leads an undercover trip to the Burning Man Festival that gets lost; meanwhile Deputy Garcia tries to get a prostitute off the streets and Deputy Johnson tries an undercover drug bust that goes awry. The drug bust is kind of funny, the rest not so much. The best bit is at the beginning during an undercover prostitution bust in which Dangle demands more acting. I've seen better episodes.

Strangers With Candy - "Old Habits, New Beginnings": Jerri makes drugs in order to become popular, but suffers the consequences. I do not get the appeal of this show. It's not funny and Amy Sedaris is awful to look at. Terrible inclusion for this disc.

Below has nothing to do with comedy central
Its just a bonus

Spiders on Drugs: Yes, this is the same video that's featured on You-tube. It was kind of funny the first time I saw it, but not funny anymore.

From The Archive: Weed: A segment from a documentary on marijuana, that's pro-drugs in nature. I'm not entirely sure it was intended to be funny, but it's not.

The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross: Yes, this is an entire episode of the famous show that is sampled for the menus of this DVD. It's automatically the funniest thing on the entire disc. And there's a sketch from Chappelle's Show so that's saying something. He's just so gosh-darned happy about painting and he says some really weird stuff. "Be careful with that dark red. It'll eat your whole world". If this were a DVD full of episodes of this show, I'd give it a high recommendation.

The Animation Show: Three shorts from the Mike Judge Animation Festival called "Rabbit" "Abigail" and "Psychotown". I really liked Rabbit, and while the animation of Abigail was really good I found it boring. Psychotown was just stupid.

I've seen most of this stuff..but this will be good for future use :cool:
  Time for a smoke .... :burnone:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoxalic32
Male
Re: Comedy Central DVD HomeGrown [Re: Phriend]
    #63984 - 06/22/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

13% done. I'll roll some up, smoke it up, and enjoy this with friends. Nothing better than getting stoned and watching a stoner movie with friends. And ordering Domino's with coupon code CRAVE.

Offlinenumonk

Loc: Back! From the digestive ...
Re: Comedy Central DVD HomeGrown [Re: oxalic32]
    #63996 - 06/22/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Why the fuck is there a fat mushroom on the cover of a marijuana-theme collection?

And yes, Strangers with Candy ALWAYS sucked.

~Monk

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Re: Comedy Central DVD HomeGrown [Re: numonk]
    #64018 - 06/22/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Let Comedy Central be your gateway…to comedy! The best of our most “experimental” shows are now available in this must-own collection that’s sure to bring all your buds together—and by buds, we mean friends. (Really.) Just don’t be surprised when you find yourself up at 3 a.m. eating raw cookie dough in your parents’ kitchen.

Description from their site. You can easily home grow mushrooms and its called home grown. I dont think all the content is marijuana based, some is drug based but its more or less sketches from dead comedies.

I kind of liked strangers with candy. Its a kind of awkward comedy that i enjoyed sometimes. Not sure why though it was an odd show altogether...

Offlinegodspeedyou
to the face
Male

Re: Comedy Central DVD HomeGrown [Re: oxalic32]
    #64151 - 06/22/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The Sarah Silverman Show sucks, but the episode on the DVD is hilarious when the two guys get baked off medicinal weed and can't function.

--------------------
Try to realize it's all within yourself
No-one else can make you change

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies