Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebakenast
Stranger
newbie questions
    #638444 - 09/26/12 12:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hi im new here and new to growing indoors, im growing lowriders in a bubbleponic set up..  1. will it hurt anything if the temps are around 90 at the plants level if the resovoir water is much cooler where the roots are.  and if im using a 400 watt mh light and my grow area is about 3x2 how far can the light be from the plants..

2.is there any natural alternative for lowering the ph other than buying ph down online. 

3. if i have a outdoor plant half way threw budding could i take a couple of cuttings off the lower branches that are hardly flowering and clone them or would it work??? 

any tips appreciated thanks :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: newbie questions [Re: bakenast]
    #638500 - 09/26/12 05:28 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bakenast said:
hi im new here and new to growing indoors, im growing lowriders in a bubbleponic set up..  1. will it hurt anything if the temps are around 90 at the plants level if the resovoir water is much cooler where the roots are.  and if im using a 400 watt mh light and my grow area is about 3x2 how far can the light be from the plants..

2.is there any natural alternative for lowering the ph other than buying ph down online. 

3. if i have a outdoor plant half way threw budding could i take a couple of cuttings off the lower branches that are hardly flowering and clone them or would it work??? 

any tips appreciated thanks :smile:

temps at 90 are too high.  You want them more like high 70's - mid 80's

Light should be about 18in from the tops unless you have a cooltube or cooling hood.  Then they can be closer

natural ph down can be vinegar or lemon juice.  I have not tried it myself though I do know it works.  The only thing about it that I have red is that it is much harder to keep the ph down with these from what i have read.

You can clone them but it would take a loooong time if it works at all because you need to get the plant to convert back veg which could take a very long time. Then after that you have to get it to root.  It can be hard to keep the clones alive that long.  Your better off only cloning plants in veg still.

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: newbie questions [Re: phrostbyte]
    #638512 - 09/26/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

due to my past experiences, i would say don't bring cuttings in from outdoors.
did it last fall, and had spider mites something fierce.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds