Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Master Kush and Gravedigger under 4kw. 10'x10' flower room.
    #636961 - 09/09/12 10:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So, I've got 15 Master Kush clones in the system under 2kw of light right now, along with 5 Gravedigger (herijuana x Romulan) seedlings and the Master Kush mom. And there's a tiny little Northern Lights seedling in there too, that's holding on for dear life. Lol

The room before I hung the lights and added the clones.

A few shots of the light framework and how it was hung...

Here's all the girls under 2kw lights...

And here's a funky pic! The roots on a couple of the clones were growing above the rockwool! Lol

So, the plan for now is to add a co2 system, and 2 more lights above the plants for a total of 4kw. Eventually I'll get more lights, but the current improvements cost too much for us to be able to afford an extra 2 light systems (says my wife! I say it'll be worth the $550! Lol). Its all good, since I don't think i'd be able to efficiently handle that much heat without buying Ice Boxes at the same time. I plan on getting a couple of those though... I still have plans for using my DIY chiller in the future, and it would be PERFECT for some Ice Boxes! I'll DEFINITELY need em once I've got the 9000 watts of lights in there that I'm planning on having in there eventually.

I'm hella happy with how this room is looking. I had been getting a bit frustrated with things seeming like they weren't progressing... the last two harvests I didn't get to make ANY improvements other than a couple little things here and there. I HAD been up to having 6000 watts of lights, and when two of the ballasts went out I didn't get to replace them... :frown:  I just wish I could afford to get a Co2 monitor to make sure we're not using too much or too little Co2. Next harvest will be a little small, just enough to pay bills. For a month or two, and then the one after that will be another good-sized haul like the last one was (2 pounds, 14 ounces). I'm hoping with that harvest, I'll be able to get 2 more hoods and then 6 IceBoxes to keep things nice and cool in there... I'll have to make sure I can pull a good sized harvest, cause it'll probably be about $1500 or so for JUST that upgrade, not to mention getting a Co2 monitor/controller too... I might just get 3 ice-boxes, and get the rest later though... I know that would save a bundle.

Eh, enough of my stoned rambling... We'll see how this turns out, huh?

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Master Kush and Gravedigger under 4kw. 10'x10' flower room. [Re: Tank333]
    #637136 - 09/11/12 07:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Looks fucking sweet dude! I am stoked to see how it turns out for you. What kind of fan are you running to keep the heat at bay?

--------------------
Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Master Kush and Gravedigger under 4kw. 10'x10' flower room. [Re: Frizzleman]
    #637198 - 09/12/12 09:31 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Frizzleman said:
Looks fucking sweet dude! I am stoked to see how it turns out for you. What kind of fan are you running to keep the heat at bay?

Well, I've got 2 box fans and 2 oscillating floor fans, along with a 12k btu AC and a 6k btu ac... I'm only running one right now though,  as its not too hot with only. 2 lights going at once...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#637217 - 09/12/12 01:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Not bad. Do you have any weight goals you are hoping to hit?

--------------------

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Master Kush and Gravedigger under 4kw. 10'x10' flower room. [Re: Frizzleman]
    #637218 - 09/12/12 02:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Not at the moment. Once I get EVERYTHING dialed in, I expect to get a minimum of 2 pounds a month in a rotating cycle. But that means a whole lot of $$ spent... 6 more hoods, bulbs and ballasts would be like 2 grand, minimum. Then there's Iceboxes. That's at least $1600 for 9 if I order em online, maybe less if. My buddy can give me a better deal at his shop... and I'll probably want at least that much worth in controllers and random needs too... lol. At least another couple hundred for extra buckets and then $250 each for a couple controller buckets...

It's a good 6-8 months away to be dialed in to perfect specs, but it's getting there. Just got email notification that my tank and regulator got shipped out today. Hopefully they'll be here by Friday... I just can't wait to see how much it helps the growth!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#637227 - 09/12/12 06:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

dude, you are the fucking man lol

Make sure you update us regularly!

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#637229 - 09/12/12 06:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Man, a year and a half ago, I didn't even have a single light or seed... I would have been STOKED to have a 4kw grow in my garage! Now though from a new perspective, I see it as small and pitiful and in serious need of WAY more equipment. In order to achieve a 100 watt/sq. ft ratio, I gotta pretty much pack as many hoods into that little room as I can (my 10'x11' room has 110 sq feet = 11,000 watts). Either that, or I go with a verticle style grow, but that requires me to have WAY more AC cooling than just those two little wall-bangers can handle.

It's all about whose perspective you look at things from, I suppose. Myself, I've always aspired to be a professional grower, so I look at my own garden with a really critical eye. I don't like much DIY stuff because it usually ends up looking ghetto and unsafe. From day one, any time someone's been priveleged enough to be in my garden, they thought it looked very professional. It actually changed my parents' veiw on it as well. When they heard I was going to grow for a living, they thought it was just another. "Get-rich-quick" scheme for me. Lol. But when I didn't even start growing for 2 years, and when I did I showed them just how much I had to learn about not just growing plants, but water chemistry, electrician work, carpentry, the research into EVERY different type of hydroponics and the pros and cons of each of them I did, they realized I did more than just toss some plants in pots under a light to make some easy cash. Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#637538 - 09/16/12 03:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So, after almost a year of growing, spider mites finally found a chink in my armor, and I found them on my mother last night!! I waited till lights-off this afternoon, and DRENCHED the entire room in Spinosad! Lol.

My poor baby looks so bad underneath! I'm so mad at myself that I didn't catch them sooner!

In other news, I topped all the clones last night. We were going to take clones off the mom, but I think we had best wait on that until these mites are gone...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#637541 - 09/16/12 05:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have never had any issues with spider mites. Luckily.

You should just serve them with tiny eviction notices

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#637690 - 09/18/12 11:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Spider mites are still here. I'm trying to find a local vendor for predator mites and ladybugs, since I was too busy yesterday... :frown:

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #637705 - 09/18/12 02:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

AVID  sSpray it one and dont worry about it

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Master Kush and Gravedigger under 4kw. 10'x10' flower room. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #637727 - 09/18/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I used a mix of natural dish soap and neem oil.  Took a few sprays but it worked in the end.  I had them pretty bad too!  Of course in the end I closed the grow room after that grow for awhile to clean it out and make sure they were gone.

Edited by phrostbyte (09/18/12 07:22 PM)

Offlinemr.miyagi
Stranger

Re: Master Kush and Gravedigger under 4kw. 10'x10' flower room. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #639442 - 10/06/12 10:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
AVID  sSpray it one and dont worry about it

AVID!!! tried everything else.... and ya EVENTUALLY it will all work...

but the knock off of avid is abamectin, its the same thing just the generic!

your mites will be like WTF! *dying, screaming mite sounds*

Offlinemr.miyagi
Stranger

Re: Master Kush and Gravedigger under 4kw. 10'x10' flower room. [Re: mr.miyagi]
    #639445 - 10/06/12 10:54 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

also it sounds like you could use a minisplit.... way cheaper than window units/whole house systems and easy to install yourself. just a vacuum pump (harbor freight $100) and some yellow jacket gauges.

my 24k BTU minisplit was only $1,100 shipped

and i am currently running 6 lights in one room and it holds at 70* with 95*+ weather outside

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#639448 - 10/06/12 10:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mr.miyagi said:
also it sounds like you could use a minisplit.... way cheaper than window units/whole house systems and easy to install yourself. just a vacuum pump (harbor freight $100) and some yellow jacket gauges.

my 24k BTU minisplit was only $1,100 shipped

and i am currently running 6 lights in one room and it holds at 70* with 95*+ weather outside

Well, a mini-split is definitely on my shopping list, but it's a purchase I can wait at least another 6 months to make. Its going into the cold season, and so what I've got will suffice until it starts to get hot outside...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinemr.miyagi
Stranger

#639450 - 10/06/12 11:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

agreed, but do you have a dehumidifier? cold season means moisture build up which the A/C helps a ton... especially if you dont have a dehumid.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#639451 - 10/06/12 11:05 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mr.miyagi said:
agreed, but do you have a dehumidifier? cold season means moisture build up which the A/C helps a ton... especially if you dont have a dehumid.

Nah, no deheuyey yet... haven't needed one just yet. Last winter was my first grow, and I'm still acquiring all the necessary equipment... I only buy things as its needed, ya know?

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinemr.miyagi
Stranger

#639453 - 10/06/12 11:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

ya i feel ya. getting all the shit together is expensive, and it seems like when you finally get the last piece of the puzzle you find a new better way to do it anyway!

lol its funny i started acquiring all my equipment about a year n a half ago too.... since then i started with a partner and we went through 3 setup changes, 2 reconstructions and now its just me and our 4th setup change! ive got all the old equip too just sitting around looking like expensive junk!

and dido on the parent thing lol! i finally walked my dad through my shop about 8 months ago (my dads been sober for like 25+ years) at first when he found out he wasnt stoked. after i showed him that i had run 220v electrical, done 2 a/c installs, built 3 rooms from scratch and financed it all myself, he became supportive.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#639455 - 10/06/12 11:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Damn, that's a lot of changes! I'm pretty much using as much of my current equipment as I can without wasting anything... I'm sure eventually I'll end up with some equipment never getting used, but I would probably just use it to set up friends I know who can't afford their own equipment... lol

And yea, my dad was hella suprised. I mean, he's a freakin' botanist. He's worked in the floral industry for 35+ years, and started two different flower shops from the ground up... when he realized I have a very decent grasp on not only plant biology, but horticulture techniques that even he had never thought of before, a much more complicated view on the ecosystem of the plant root system than he could even imagine, and aspirations (and slow studies of) to include self-sustaining techlologies in my indoor garden, he realized that I'm preparing for this to actually be a legitimately recognized industry. Its actually given us an opportunity to bond, which is kinda tough, considering our views on EVERYTHING are just about opposite... lol

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#639867 - 10/10/12 11:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So, I wish I hadn't gone on vacation... :frown: while I was gone Chris (the guy who was watching my plants) lost a couple of the clones, and the rest of them got pretty stunted...

There IS some good news though! I'm about 95% sure that all 5 of the Gravedigger plants are GIRLS!!! I'm hella stoked about that, because I've really gotta get a new flower cycle going soon! The Master Kush mom is starting to grow into the lights, and I don't think I can wait much longer on starting her flower cycle... I've been trying to open her up and pull the main branches down so they aren't so close to the light and there's more light getting inside her...

I've got pictures I took... just gotta get em onto the laptop and upload em...

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck