Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Hello! [Re: andyistic]
    #636303 - 09/02/12 02:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

andyistic said:
Quote:

still beLIEve said:
wowitch and doitagain come to mind, but im sure if i think i could come up with a few others

Not sure I would consider wowitch, highasfuck, or usg543 as quality posters. :lol:

ah ya i forgot about usg and haf. haf fuck was banned for being underage though and usg just kinda left but sticks his head in every now and then. wowitch and doitagain were the only ones perma'd.

quality posts really depends on who you are asking. did they share endless amounts of knowledge and strike intellectual conversations? nope. but they did contribute to the posting and this place moved a lot faster when they were here.

thats really neither here nor there though. i think the stickers idea was a good one, but it should have been funded by the growery itself and sent out to people to stick around their town like at coffee shops and trendy spots or whatever. not put on the door of their room or whatever cuz it looks cool. the stickers are only going to work if they are placed in good places that has a lot of public view. i said id take a trip to atlanta one day and spread them around local venues, little 5, in front of head shops, etc - but i'm not going to pay for them just out of principles sake. i live 40 minutes out so i'd have to spend the gas (to and from @ 4$ a gallon) to get there as well as at least 2-3 hours in atlanta. and as much as i hope this site catches fire and blows up im not going to spend not only my time but my money as well on something that the growery as a website clearly doesn't think is very important either or they would have taken it upon themselves to do it.

as far as contests and shit, i mean thats cool and all but thats only going to make people stay if they are already here. not bring them in. to bring people in you are going to need exposure. stickers were a great idea, if they are implemented correctly. T shirts would work but i know at least personally im not gonna wear a growery t shirt, im often times not in an environment where that is kosher.

what are the chances that some of our sponsors would put a little growery banner on their website similar to what we do for them? that would really help increase exposure but im not sure how probable it is.

those are just a few ideas off the top of my head, to increase site traffic and get this place booming you have to increase exposure. not things that that go on in the site. just my  :twocents:

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: Hello! [Re: still beLIEve]
    #636305 - 09/02/12 03:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
quality posts really depends on who you are asking. did they share endless amounts of knowledge and strike intellectual conversations? nope. but they did contribute to the posting and this place moved a lot faster when they were here.

I'm talking outside of the Dome, of course.
Adding to discussions about weed debates, which glass models are better, etc.
And it never hurts to add to the JB thread. :grin:

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
I think the stickers idea was a good one, but it should have been funded by the growery itself and sent out to people to stick around their town like at coffee shops and trendy spots or whatever. not put on the door of their room or whatever cuz it looks cool. the stickers are only going to work if they are placed in good places that has a lot of public view. i said id take a trip to atlanta one day and spread them around local venues, little 5, in front of head shops, etc - but i'm not going to pay for them just out of principles sake.

This. Yes, placing them in public view to be seen by potential new members is of key importance.

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
As far as contests and shit, i mean thats cool and all but thats only going to make people stay if they are already here. not bring them in. to bring people in you are going to need exposure. stickers were a great idea, if they are implemented correctly. T shirts would work but i know at least personally im not gonna wear a growery t shirt, im often times not in an environment where that is kosher.

Look at Who's Online: 39 users (5 members and 34 guests)
I want to make those 34 guests into members.
Since they can view this site to some extent, why not find a way to get them registered?

The t-shirts could be worn at informal parties, to get other weed enthusiasts interested in our site, and spark their interest in the possibility of winning one themselves.

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
What are the chances that some of our sponsors would put a little growery banner on their website similar to what we do for them? that would really help increase exposure but im not sure how probable it is.

We'll have to talk to Geo and see if he can make that kind of arrangement.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

#636344 - 09/02/12 09:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Even if the site had paid for them, they would have charged for them.  They have a store for the shroomery and charge for merchandise.  They also would not give you nearly as good a price as what I'm offering.  So whatever principal you think you're acting out of, I find it a bit misguided. 

I'm not sitting around making money on this.  I put took straight out of my pocket to make theses stickers, and it's not cheap, and so did kapt kid and Stone for the prize money.  Any and all profit is going towards paying to ship them and to make more stickers in the future, which when I sell out of these will be a different design. 

I just carry 10-15 on me at most times, and put them up in different areas while I'm already out and about.  I don't make any special trips just to put out stickers.

But to each their own I guess.

@Stone  Oh yeah, Jew It Again.  Now I remember that guy.  Definitely got some lulz outta him.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisibledrawde
Re: Hello! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #636345 - 09/02/12 09:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Would of been nice to get my stickers that I ordered like a month ago.
Off to school tomorrow, lots of people there interested in marijuana.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

User Gallery

Re: Hello! [Re: drawde]
    #636347 - 09/02/12 09:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Who did you send money to?  Send me a PM to hash this out man.  You'll be compensated for the wait.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #636348 - 09/02/12 09:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think you were trying to make money off of this, thats not what i was insinuating. My point is simply that if the growery as a website wants more exposure then they need to implement some sort system or program where they take the brunt of the burden involved. i realized that you did this on your own without the growerys involvement or anything and i think thats awesome. my point is that im not going to come out of pocket and more importantly time promoting a website when from what i can see they aren't doing the same itself.

i feel this was something the growery should have taken upon themselves to finance if they wanted exposure. if someone wants a sticker to put on a folder or their room or something or whatever sure, i think they should pay for it. but if the growery wants exposure then i think they should at least foot the bill.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

User Gallery

#636349 - 09/02/12 09:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I feel ya.....

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #636350 - 09/02/12 09:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Who did you send money to?  Send me a PM to hash this out man.  You'll be compensated for the wait.

Me, and I forwarded his info to you, about the same time I let you know how much cash I'm holding for you.:rofl:

--------------------
:getstoned:

User Gallery

Re: Hello! [Re: Stoneth]
    #636351 - 09/02/12 09:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm dealin with it.  He slipped through the cracks for some reason.  As did a couple of others....may be the pills, who knows really.  But it's fixed now, so all ya gots to do is send me my monies.....

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#636352 - 09/02/12 10:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:pm: sent.
:rofl:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #636353 - 09/02/12 10:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I always slip through the cracks... and land on my nutsack.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: Hello! [Re: drawde]
    #636354 - 09/02/12 10:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
I always slip through the cracks... and land on my nutsack.

Ouch.

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
Re: Hello! [Re: Stoneth] * 2
    #636356 - 09/02/12 10:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

True story bro.
Adoption may be the only option.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hello! [Re: andyistic]
    #636439 - 09/04/12 01:04 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I will do my part, I got probably 40 more stickers that I am going to start putting up tomorrow. I meant to do it last week but got a little busy towards the end of the week. I will get a bunch posted up tomorrow between classes, I have almost 2 hours between classes, so I will go from corner to corner of campus and throw about half of them up on our public bulletin's. I am sure it will bring us some foot traffic, dont know how many will end up being active posters but will definitely get them here

Crazy to think we are coming up on the 5th birthday of this place

OfflineProphet
Re: Hello! [Re: Picklez]
    #636440 - 09/04/12 01:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hopefully you guys don't run out of stickers before I start my second job.

Once I start this second job I want to buy a nice little grip of stickers to pepper the streets with.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hello! [Re: Prophet]
    #636443 - 09/04/12 01:34 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Pepper the streets? :lol:

User Gallery

Re: Hello! [Re: Prophet]
    #636444 - 09/04/12 02:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Prophet said:
Hopefully you guys don't run out of stickers before I start my second job.

Once I start this second job I want to buy a nice little grip of stickers to pepper the streets with.

I wont run out.  Even if I do, I'm gonna order a new batch up!

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Hello! [Re: Stoneth]
    #639091 - 10/02/12 08:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Koopa the first thing that comes to mind about what other sites do is advertising.

I don't know about that man.  I think it's all about content.  We need to beef up our main site with more TEK's/tutorials, product/equipment reviews, strain reviews, etc.  That will then hit the search engines and voila, free targeted advertising.  Forget magazines, we want people who want to learn... and you get those people by obtaining high search rankings for key search terms.  Members with a thirst for knowledge, will often end up contributing lots of knowledge, but only if they feel like this is a knowledge based community.  Right now, we're lackin' the content, plain and simple.

On that note, I'm going to make an effort to rig up some promotional activity here in the coming weeks.  If I slack, someone slap me around a bit... :tongue2::spliff:

Ps.  Unstickin' this thread, 'cause a discussion topic with no replies in a month has no business bein' stickied :wink:

Let this baby bouncê!

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Hello! [Re: geokills]
    #639094 - 10/02/12 09:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, sweeet. Yes

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Offlineremix
grammer natze

Re: Hello! [Re: King Koopa]
    #639095 - 10/02/12 09:47 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

we need to start selling weed.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order