Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Loc: behind you
so im helping out a local card holder get his set up legit
    #632217 - 07/22/12 12:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

friend of a friend sort of thing. hes a pretty cool dude, lost a leg and a hand in an auto accident. pretty raw deal if you ask me. so im lending a hand . lol, sorry if the pun was in bad taste.

anyway, first things first i suppose. hes already got some plants going, but no means of exhaust/fresh air intake. he has just been leaving the doors to the rooms open. at first he didnt like the idea of installing exhaust fans and the like, but i talked him into it and here is my plan.

id like to know what you guys think. here are some amateur doodlings to assist my explanation of the situation.

he is very much against putting any new holes in his walls and/or roof. and we are on a very tight budget. my moms grow room in montana is currently experiencing some downtime, so im going to see if she will send me my 8 inch 720 cfm inline so i can get these plants some air exchange.

my first question, do you think that will be enough to cover both rooms? im a little concerned  that with all the extra ducting we might lose some cfm. also, i forgot to put it in my drawing, but there will some reducers in the ducting as well. we will need one for sure going from 8 inches to 4 inches where i plan to tie it into the dryer exhaust.

im not exactly sure how i want to go about the ducting going into the rooms. my first thought was to use 4 inch ducting, leaving a few feet excess secured pointing away from the vent, so that when he wants to use it hes not just sucking it out before it has a chance to cool the room. but again, i dont like the idea of all this extra ducting and reducers and shit, as the 720 is just barely enough to start with. i could probably stuff some 8 inch ducting through the vent, but in that case id be worried about restricting the amount of air the ac can put into the room, as im cutting through the ac ducting to gain access to the attic without cutting any new holes in the ceiling.

it would be ideal to just have the exhaust vent into the attic and let it leave through the attic vents already in place, but there is concern about the smell and we dont have the funds to get any carbon filters or anything like that at the moment. i figure putting it going straight up out the top of the roof will at least make it not obvious hes got a grow.

the intake is pretty simple. going to board up the window from the inside, leaving the blinds in place and the window open enough to account for the hole in the plywood. with the blinds closed and the back of the plywood painted black, im hoping it will look normal to any nosy neighbors.  in the pic i put 4 inches, but im thinking maybe the intake should be a bit bigger. maybe 6, or 8 inches would be better? in any case, im going to attach a length of ducting and let it hang, maybe make it harder for the rouge ray of light to get through.

any thoughts, ideas? even if it isnt enough, its more than hes got right now. there are quite a few other issues as well, figured this would be the best place to start, and eventually we can split them up on their own fans if need be, just a matter of time to gain the funds. hes got lots of room for potential, thats for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: so im helping out a local card holder get his set up legit [Re: wrestler_az]
    #632358 - 07/22/12 08:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You have the size of the flowering room and veg room the same. The flower room can be way bigger cause you don't need them to be the same size. You only need to supply clones for the flower room unless you plan to go into the clone selling business.

Vent out the attic or directly out the top of the roof how much of a difference is there? Myself I've been a attic venter for years.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Loc: behind you
Re: so im helping out a local card holder get his set up legit [Re: Magash]
    #632365 - 07/22/12 09:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well, thats just the size of the rooms...  they are the same size. nothing i can do about that.  the difference between attic vents and top of roof is a matter of disguising where the smell came from, if someone were to catch a whiff. seems going straight up out the top, vs laterally out the sides would make a difference. even though he has a card, he still would like to draw as little attention as possible.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom