Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehenik0
Stranger

harvest date
    #629876 - 06/29/12 05:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So after reading years of posts (and the evolution of the information is interesting in itself.) am I to understand that "pre harvest darkness," "trichome color," "pistol color" and "fan leaf color" are all kind of based in opinion and not science? And that one should harvest when the buds simply feel as if they are no longer increasing in size or girth Plus maybe a few days? Because I'm on day 55 and these babies looked ready about 3 days ago, except now I see Amber trichs popping out everywhere now. I can chop tomorrow at 9pm (just before lights on.) at the earliest. I have a grow journal of my (100% legal) medical grow recently updated for reference. Can I get a TC's blessing please. All other comments and advice is welcome as well. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: harvest date [Re: henik0]
    #629882 - 06/29/12 07:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Amber Trichome is the go to of harvest times.  This is not opinion, it's an indicator of the stage growth and ripeness.  Wait until 40-60% of the trichomes have turned.

No need for the extended dark period, fan leaf color is a complete load of shit, and pistil isn't accurate at all.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinehenik0
Stranger

Re: harvest date [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #629896 - 06/29/12 08:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks hawk. Upon closer investigation I've found that on the little single leaf structures that protrude from the main flower are at about 50% amber, while I can only spot one or two on the buds themselves. Oh yeah, and I found a few of the buds happen to be suddenly populated by SEEDS. WTF??! I haven't had a male plant in my house since I moved in. And I spray bombed and sanitized that whole room. Not to mention the plants are actually in a tent. I've found no male flowers (hermies) on any of the plants. yet... I will chop them tomorrow evening as planned. One more day can't hurt. The only thing I can think is that maybe I tracked in some pollen from the hydro store? perhaps a neighbor has a haphazard grow venting right into my backyard where I walk my puppy 800 times a day (TINY bladder..)? maybe my grow buddy (who hasn't actually been growing in several months) brought them over from his house.  I though I had swollen seed pods, which is true for some of the buds, however now I have brown and black seeds popping out when you squeeze the calyx. bummer.  :feelsbadman:

regardless. all I can do now is harvest, knock out as many of the seeds as I can find. and stock up for the apocalypse I guess. If I do find a hermie I'll hope that means the seeds are all feminized (that's how that works right?) and perhaps plant a few of them. see if I get anything awesome. Though I would like to hurry and make the move to a specifically known strain. with a known growth pattern that I can reference to. The setup works, and works well. provided I keep all possible sources of pollen out. I've got some coveralls, I'll keep those in a drawer and just wear them when I go in from now own with future grows.

edited: some more information for your reading pleasure.

Edited by henik0 (06/29/12 08:33 PM)

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
    #629898 - 06/29/12 08:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

if they hermied, you'll have hermie seeds

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

Offlinehenik0
Stranger

Re: harvest date [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #629902 - 06/29/12 09:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

damn. might be time to change genetics then..

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #630029 - 07/01/12 12:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I like going by how the buds look. The amber triches are nice and all, but I wait until the plant has budded out and plumped up with fake seed pods and slows down on water uptake. That depends on the plant, some will grow with one main flowering period where the buds just bulk out, others will have a spurt of growth and shoot out right about the time you think its almost ready, and you realize your going to have to wait another few weeks for that new growth to fill in and bud out. this usually coincides with good amber/cloudy ratios when it's done.

generally, early harvests tend to be more head buzz, late harvests with more amber shifts it toward the body.

once you get the plant you want down start following a calendar (google calendar works good, email reminders for nutrients and whatnot) and you'll be able to pump buds out like calendar-work.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom