Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Calcium Deficiency or Over Fertalization? W/ Pictures
    #629836 - 06/29/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the TNT kush has been continually doing this weird yellow spotting all over its leaves. i cant tell if its a calcium deficiency or over fertilization.

2.5 gallons RO water in a DWC
Lucas Forumula: 20mL flora micro and 40 mL flora bloom, with a half tsp of beastie bloomz.

pH 5.5
EC 1.7-1.8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Calcium Deficiency or Over Fertalization? W/ Pictures [Re: Pilze]
    #629837 - 06/29/12 11:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say over fert.  Lucas formula sucks....

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Calcium Deficiency or Over Fertalization? W/ Pictures [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #629842 - 06/29/12 11:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

have any suggestions on what to give it?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629844 - 06/29/12 11:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

also, have any idea what to do with a pH pen that will NOT calibrate when putting in 7.0 solution? this is the second one of its kind to do this. its an ecoplus ph1.

i think i need to go spend 100 bucks on a fucking bluelab

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629848 - 06/29/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Take it back to the place where you got it, they should be able to help you.  I really like Hannah instruments.

I'd flush the shit out of em.  Do you have more than one type of plant in you're system?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Calcium Deficiency or Over Fertalization? W/ Pictures [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #629849 - 06/29/12 12:11 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

2 separate plants. each in a 5 gallon bucket with 2.5 gallons of solution

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629851 - 06/29/12 12:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Flush em. 

I would recommend getting a recirculating reservoir for those.  You're probably have pH and PPM swings.  A larger reservoir will help reduce those and keep the water temperatures down.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629852 - 06/29/12 12:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i flushed a few days ago, i think im ok in that department. i'm going to make new solutions for both plants in a little while, and go with GH's flora series feed chart and check the PPM as i go.

i do have pH and PPM swings, it sucks, but hey, ill deal with it for another few weeks. i dont feel line constructing anything else at the moment. it would be a good idea, i probably will end up doing something like that for my next grow, although i think only growing 1 plant in that tent is a better idea than 2. the doctor fucking blew up. it was 9 inches when i started flowering on june 1, and its 35" now.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629883 - 06/29/12 07:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

How often are you replacing the water.  I would do a MINIMUM of 3 times a week with that small of an amount of water.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629893 - 06/29/12 08:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i check the buckets twice a day, add water and adjust pH when needed.. im really glad i bought an RO filter. sucks about wasting twice as much as it cleans...

i looked up the flora series recirculating schedule, cut that extra .5ml per gallon off each gro, micro, and bloom, and put in the correct amount for the 2.5 gallons of RO. i also added enough beastie bloomz to raise the EC to 1.8 and have the pH at 5.5. which definitely didnt take much after putting everything else in.

this truncheon is fucking awesome. i just wish my pH meter was as instant and accurate. now it takes forever to get a stable reading. like, 45 seconds before im sure if i want to added any pH up/down

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629931 - 06/30/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I never go with what they recommend on the bottle.  I find they always want less than that.  And you should be completely changing out that water at least 3 times a week.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629934 - 06/30/12 12:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

im going by the GH flora series recirculating feed schedule from their website. its not exactly what "the bottle says" but is probably the same thing in your mind. i dont know what im doing nutrient wise EXACTLY so im just going by the feed chart but SLIGHTLY less.

thankfully i have a ppm meter so i can see how high my ppm/ec rises as i put nutrients in, and how much the plants absorb. i am not going to be able to change the water out THAT often. i wish i could but im trying to keep a low utility profile. elec/water...

what ive been doing, and it has seemed to work is top the buckets off everyday when its needed, then i check the ppm to see how much its dropped. if its a big drop, i add small amounts of nutrients to bump it up a little bit. then i check the pH and drop it to 5.5

i have no idea what i SHOULD be doing, but what i AM doing seems to be working fairly well. especially for the first time experimenting with hydro... burnt leaf tips but oh well. everything seems to be under control. today is day 30 of flowering, i'm guessing ill harvest around july 26 but i might give them another week for dankness sake.

Edited by Pilze (06/30/12 12:02 PM)

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
    #629936 - 06/30/12 12:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i use GH flora series nutes.
i generally use about 60% of their recommended dosage.
seems to me that less is more.
i use calimagic at 4ml per gal.
and superthrive at 1 ml per gal.
in flower i use kool bloom at 80%.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629940 - 06/30/12 02:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
im going by the GH flora series recirculating feed schedule from their website. its not exactly what "the bottle says" but is probably the same thing in your mind. i dont know what im doing nutrient wise EXACTLY so im just going by the feed chart but SLIGHTLY less.

thankfully i have a ppm meter so i can see how high my ppm/ec rises as i put nutrients in, and how much the plants absorb. i am not going to be able to change the water out THAT often. i wish i could but im trying to keep a low utility profile. elec/water...

what ive been doing, and it has seemed to work is top the buckets off everyday when its needed, then i check the ppm to see how much its dropped. if its a big drop, i add small amounts of nutrients to bump it up a little bit. then i check the pH and drop it to 5.5

i have no idea what i SHOULD be doing, but what i AM doing seems to be working fairly well. especially for the first time experimenting with hydro... burnt leaf tips but oh well. everything seems to be under control. today is day 30 of flowering, i'm guessing ill harvest around july 26 but i might give them another week for dankness sake.

Changing the water that often wouldn't affect your water bill in the least..

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629987 - 06/30/12 11:12 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

how sure of that are you???

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629989 - 06/30/12 11:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

100%

That's only 15-20 gallons a week.  That will not affect you're water bill noticeably.

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629990 - 06/30/12 11:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Why do all new growers worry about the utility bills.  There is NO reason whatsoever for it.  Pay you're bills, don't steal electricity.  The utility companies don't give a shit how much you use.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629996 - 07/01/12 12:17 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i always pay my bills.

but

i went to jail because of a stupid person i lived with. because of a SWAT raid and incarceration i have PTSD and a benzo addiction. i can be extremely paranoid, even when im not doing anything illegal.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#630066 - 07/01/12 03:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

alright, im going to start dumping the solution every 3 days. today i started with a new half strength solution.

EC 1.2
pH 5.5

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder