Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinemota
human
Male

Re: for people who want to wake up [Re: Nanook]
    #628906 - 06/22/12 05:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nanook said:
For the non-trolls, I'm just gonna rattle off a list of things to google:

G. I. Gurdjieff
P. D. Ouspensky
Maurice Nicoll
John G. Bennett
Thomas DeHartmann
Rodney Collin
the fourth way
Rajneesh or Osho
sufisim
dervish
kiyanaa
Sama'a
Hazrat Inayat Khan
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī or just Rumi
Zoroaster
vedanta
Paramahansa Yogananda
Toltec
Carlos Castaneda
The Conference of the Birds

The people drawn to this sort of thing would be possessive of what Gurdjieff called 'Magnetic Center'.

As for the term 'waking up' it means 'becoming more conscious'. More conscious of our selves, our influences, our psychology. But to really wake up, you have to see that you are not at all making any conscious actions, but are carrying out mechanical processes. Processes which are set in motion by preexisting routs of reaction carved out by an initial choice that has long sense been forgotten, this is what it means to be 'asleep'.

--------------------
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

Edited by mota (06/22/12 06:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemota
human
Male

Re: for people who want to wake up [Re: mota]
    #628909 - 06/22/12 06:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

this is some weird stuff on G. I. Gurdjieff  here

--------------------
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

InvisibleNanook
I CANT SEE
Male

Loc: The Frozen Tundra Flag
Re: for people who want to wake up [Re: mota]
    #629151 - 06/24/12 12:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oh man, that link's pretty funny. Gurdjieff played many roles for many people, often meant to bring to the surface the weaknesses, ignorance and psychological misunderstanding of the witness. His goal often was to make people react mechanically and force their attention on what exactly it is that is making them react. Because to allow yourself to react is being asleep.

But other peoples perceptions don't matter in relation to the ideas he and the people around him put forth. Try to find something that explains the ideas of his teaching. Like Jesus, it matters not where he was from or if he even existed at all. What matters is the meaning of the teaching they spread.

Quote:

from the link you posted:
However, it must be remembered that the question of Gurdjieff’s origins is a secondary one at best. It is his work that matters, and nothing that has been written here is relevant to that.

When you start to get closer to the meaning of these many and varied teachings, you start to see how they are all similar and even, at the very core, exactly the same.

I hope you are willing to observe yourself unmercifully and accept help and instruction from every aspect and element of life. It can be hard to do, but it is the only way to consciously evolve.

This G13 is pretty nice, I hope I'm not rambling or coming off like a dick :shrug:

--------------------

the spirit of Nanook

1400W 1st log

3000W 2nd log (current)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom