Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
People who give thanks and support to our troops
    #624887 - 05/28/12 08:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

And people who voice their opposition for our current wars on memorial day.

I cant help but get fired up when I see people thanking
the troops who are helping to "maintain our freedoms".

The so called War on Terror has been so a complete joke with so much
disregard for life on both sides its sickening. People who enlist knowing
they may have to go overseas and fight for money for college or because
"they have no other options" is fucking bullshit.

Where do you guys stand?

Edited by DeadHearts (05/28/12 09:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: People who give thanks and support to our troops [Re: DeadHearts]
    #624890 - 05/28/12 09:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if there's a WAR to be fought, fight it. but i don't much agree with sacrificing our young men and women to fight enemies who are sheltered by corrupt middle eastern countries. cowardly enemies who won't stand and be seen. seems more like NATO's job.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: People who give thanks and support to our troops [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #624993 - 05/29/12 01:34 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, I could go on for hours about this.  A lot of people could I'm sure.  There's so many ways to look at it, and there's really more than just one answer I think.  I mean, when 9/11 happened, the United States had to do something.  I mean, the U.S. couldn't just stand there and do nothing, know what I mean?  With that being said, we had NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER going into Iraq.  If we were going to go anywhere, which in a way, we kind of had to, it was Afghanistan.  Tell the Afhany people, if you're innocent and not an insurgent/terrorist, leave the country now.  Which we wouldn't know how easy it would be for them to do that safely, they could've been killed trying to leave by the die hard insurgent motherfuckers, who knows?  It's more complicated than just one right answer.  Give them a deadline and if they're not gone by then, too bad.  When the time is up, blow the fucking country to bits with airstrikes.  Maybe that works, maybe it doesn't.  After you've pretty much crippled the country, go in there and find Bin Laden, which to me, was just a figurehead, kind of the face of the whole thing.  Not really even sure how involved he was in the day to day operations of the whole terror thing.  That whole terrorist thing is WAAAAAYYYYY bigger than Bin Laden to be honest.  I mean, so many of them hate us.  Their ideologies differ so much from ours, we'll probably never be at peace with them to be honest.  There's no one right answer to the whole "War on Terror."  I do think a lot of life has just been wasted on both sides.  Our government, as you all know, is famous for trying to fuckin brainwash citizens.  I do feel like the U.S. had to do something at least after 9/11.  I mean, be honest, we couldn't have just sat there and done absolutely nothing about the whole thing, being one of the most developed and powerful countries in the world.  The thing is though, this war can't be fought like traditional wars, out on the battlefield n shit like that.  They run and hide behind walls and all that hit n run shit.  Which in my opinion is cowardly yes.  I also think it would've been cowardly to just not do a damn thing after 9/11 too.  I do respect our soldiers for going over there, yes, but a lot of them didn't expect to go to war either when they enlisted before 9/11.  I mean, let's be honest, wars don't really happen THAT frequently.  Most military men and women won't ever even see war, but when it happens, you gotta go, ya feel me?  A lot of these kids just signed up trying to do a couple years and then get out and go to school, not really expecting to go to war.  What kills me is the just absolute waste of life on both sides and the brainwashing that takes place on both sides.  I mean basically, the actual people fighting for both sides are pawns.  It really is a shame.  Especially as far as the Iraq thing.  We had NO FUCKING BUSINESS going into Iraq.  I'm not saying Saddam Hussein was a great man, because he was a piece of shit.  But we had no business, and still have no business fighting in two countries at once time.  A lot of young people and older people died, for what'll probably amount to be basically nothing in the grand scheme of things.  And that, no matter which way you look at it IS a shame, an utterly terrible thing.  I mean really, we had no business going into Iraq under some fucking "War on Terror, Protect our Freedoms" bullshit premise.  Maybe in Afghanistan (though I think it could've been handled a couple of different ways a lot better than it was) yes, but fuck no when it comes to Iraq.  Like I said, I could go on for hours about this, and there are many different ways to look at it, and there's no one right answer, but whenever life is wasted, young and old, it really is a shame.  But yes, I do have a lot of respect for military men and women because these people do give up a lot of things (time with family and friends, their health, their lives altogether, their sanity sometimes, watching their friends die in front of them).  I mean these people do go through a lot of things that most of us never will, and for that, I do respect them.  They see some crazy shit.  I partied with a guy one night who had just come back from Iraq and he was showing me some pictures on his laptop of some shit that happened in Iraq and let's just say it wasn't the stuff they show on the nightly news.  He said kids would come up to them with bombs in boxes or bombs strapped to their bodies I believe and blow them up.  Sometimes however, kids would walk up to them just asking for water and the soldiers would tell them to walk away, but they couldn't understand English and would keep walking to them and after a while the soldiers had to shoot kids to save their own lives.  I mean like 5 and 6 year old kids.  That dude was so mentally fucked it was ridiculous.  Like he needed a therapist or something.  I think that whole Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is legitamite.  I mean I didn't really believe in it until I met this guy, but after meeting him, it changed my mind very quickly.  These people go through a lot and see some crazy shit, and really do sacrifice some things in my opinion, just expected to pull a couple years on a base then go to school, but when war happens while they just happen to be enlisted, they have to go.  However, they knew that when they signed up too.  There's two sides to the coin, know what I mean?  There's so many ways to look at this whole thing, but I do feel like soldiers and enlisted men and women do deserve respect.  Our government on the other hand, not so much.  But at the same time, the U.S. had to do something after 9/11 too.  We couldn't just sit back and take it.  Any decision Bush would've made after 9/11 would've been wrong in some people's eyes, and right in other people's eyes, know what I mean.  But he WAS WRONG going into Iraq and his reasons for going into Iraq are questionable I think, but we'll save that convo for another time.  There was a lot of pressure on his shoulders at that point in time, from the whole world basically, not just the U.S.  Definitely one of those things that has no one right answer and a lot of wrong answers too imo.  How would any of you have handled it if it was your decision?  I really don't know how I would've.  I said the airstrike thing up there, but I'm not sure about that like 100% either, that's just a quick off the cuff reaction too.  I mean really thinkin about it, how would ya'll have handled the whole thing?

Oh as far as the actual question goes lol, a lot of u.s. citizens are fuckin brainwashed idiots too imo. 

so deadhearts----you're saying our military men/women deserve no thanks whatsoever and no respect whatsoever or what?

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: People who give thanks and support to our troops [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #624995 - 05/29/12 02:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Wow, I could go on for hours about this.  A lot of people could I'm sure.  There's so many ways to look at it, and there's really more than just one answer I think.  I mean, when 9/11 happened, the United States had to do something.  I mean, the U.S. couldn't just stand there and do nothing, know what I mean?  With that being said, we had NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER going into Iraq.  If we were going to go anywhere, which in a way, we kind of had to, it was Afghanistan.  Tell the Afhany people, if you're innocent and not an insurgent/terrorist, leave the country now.  Which we wouldn't know how easy it would be for them to do that safely, they could've been killed trying to leave by the die hard insurgent motherfuckers, who knows?  It's more complicated than just one right answer.  Give them a deadline and if they're not gone by then, too bad.  When the time is up, blow the fucking country to bits with airstrikes.  Maybe that works, maybe it doesn't.  After you've pretty much crippled the country, go in there and find Bin Laden, which to me, was just a figurehead, kind of the face of the whole thing.  Not really even sure how involved he was in the day to day operations of the whole terror thing.  That whole terrorist thing is WAAAAAYYYYY bigger than Bin Laden to be honest.  I mean, so many of them hate us.  Their ideologies differ so much from ours, we'll probably never be at peace with them to be honest.  There's no one right answer to the whole "War on Terror."  I do think a lot of life has just been wasted on both sides.  Our government, as you all know, is famous for trying to fuckin brainwash citizens.  I do feel like the U.S. had to do something at least after 9/11.  I mean, be honest, we couldn't have just sat there and done absolutely nothing about the whole thing, being one of the most developed and powerful countries in the world.  The thing is though, this war can't be fought like traditional wars, out on the battlefield n shit like that.  They run and hide behind walls and all that hit n run shit.  Which in my opinion is cowardly yes.  I also think it would've been cowardly to just not do a damn thing after 9/11 too.  I do respect our soldiers for going over there, yes, but a lot of them didn't expect to go to war either when they enlisted before 9/11.  I mean, let's be honest, wars don't really happen THAT frequently.  Most military men and women won't ever even see war, but when it happens, you gotta go, ya feel me?  A lot of these kids just signed up trying to do a couple years and then get out and go to school, not really expecting to go to war.  What kills me is the just absolute waste of life on both sides and the brainwashing that takes place on both sides.  I mean basically, the actual people fighting for both sides are pawns.  It really is a shame.  Especially as far as the Iraq thing.  We had NO FUCKING BUSINESS going into Iraq.  I'm not saying Saddam Hussein was a great man, because he was a piece of shit.  But we had no business, and still have no business fighting in two countries at once time.  A lot of young people and older people died, for what'll probably amount to be basically nothing in the grand scheme of things.  And that, no matter which way you look at it IS a shame, an utterly terrible thing.  I mean really, we had no business going into Iraq under some fucking "War on Terror, Protect our Freedoms" bullshit premise.  Maybe in Afghanistan (though I think it could've been handled a couple of different ways a lot better than it was) yes, but fuck no when it comes to Iraq.  Like I said, I could go on for hours about this, and there are many different ways to look at it, and there's no one right answer, but whenever life is wasted, young and old, it really is a shame.  But yes, I do have a lot of respect for military men and women because these people do give up a lot of things (time with family and friends, their health, their lives altogether, their sanity sometimes, watching their friends die in front of them).  I mean these people do go through a lot of things that most of us never will, and for that, I do respect them.  They see some crazy shit.  I partied with a guy one night who had just come back from Iraq and he was showing me some pictures on his laptop of some shit that happened in Iraq and let's just say it wasn't the stuff they show on the nightly news.  He said kids would come up to them with bombs in boxes or bombs strapped to their bodies I believe and blow them up.  Sometimes however, kids would walk up to them just asking for water and the soldiers would tell them to walk away, but they couldn't understand English and would keep walking to them and after a while the soldiers had to shoot kids to save their own lives.  I mean like 5 and 6 year old kids.  That dude was so mentally fucked it was ridiculous.  Like he needed a therapist or something.  I think that whole Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is legitamite.  I mean I didn't really believe in it until I met this guy, but after meeting him, it changed my mind very quickly.  These people go through a lot and see some crazy shit, and really do sacrifice some things in my opinion, just expected to pull a couple years on a base then go to school, but when war happens while they just happen to be enlisted, they have to go.  However, they knew that when they signed up too.  There's two sides to the coin, know what I mean?  There's so many ways to look at this whole thing, but I do feel like soldiers and enlisted men and women do deserve respect.  Our government on the other hand, not so much.  But at the same time, the U.S. had to do something after 9/11 too.  We couldn't just sit back and take it.  Any decision Bush would've made after 9/11 would've been wrong in some people's eyes, and right in other people's eyes, know what I mean.  But he WAS WRONG going into Iraq and his reasons for going into Iraq are questionable I think, but we'll save that convo for another time.  There was a lot of pressure on his shoulders at that point in time, from the whole world basically, not just the U.S.  Definitely one of those things that has no one right answer and a lot of wrong answers too imo.  How would any of you have handled it if it was your decision?  I really don't know how I would've.  I said the airstrike thing up there, but I'm not sure about that like 100% either, that's just a quick off the cuff reaction too.  I mean really thinkin about it, how would ya'll have handled the whole thing?

Oh as far as the actual question goes lol, a lot of u.s. citizens are fuckin brainwashed idiots too imo. 

so deadhearts----you're saying our military men/women deserve no thanks whatsoever and no respect whatsoever or what?

Ummm....paragraphs maybe???

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: People who give thanks and support to our troops [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #624996 - 05/29/12 03:07 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Eh, looking back now, I probably should have shouldn't I?  Just put your cursor in there a couple times and hit enter if you're having trouble reading it or something, I dunno.  My bad.  Didn't really realize I had typed that much until now.  Just posted it and started doing other shit.  Been installing shit and looking for a fucking USB cord I can't find anywhere.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

#624997 - 05/29/12 03:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah it was way to clustered for me to read.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
    #625043 - 05/29/12 12:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ill just touch one one thing you wrote at a time lol and Ill start with
people in the niddle east hating our freedoms. What a bunch of crap. If any
of them hate us it not us as in the average citizen of the US but more so
our government and its not hard to understand why.

If a foreign enemy (US) came into your country and killed your family
what would you do? You might just pick up a gun and start fighting back. I
would.

You are right we had no business in Iraq whatsoever. Something like 109,000
Iraqis got killed all together and guess how many were listed as civilian
by our government?? 66,000 That is insane and our leaders should have
been charged for war crimes no doubt about it.

As far as fighting terrorists we have the intel and technology to fight
this battle at home. We certainly do not need an army and bases in another
country to try to fight these people. Osmama did exactly what he wanted
and I believe he succeeded as the US government has shown how not to
react to a 9/11. I also agree that something had to be done after that
day but we have handle the situation terribly and we are still in
Afghanistan. And the whole killing of Osama was fishy. that mother
fucker probably had some serious intel and we just shoot him on site and
dump his body in the ocean? Yaaaaaaa. Upon hearing the news americas
head to ground zero to get drunk and cheer. Waht a fucking mess.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder