Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

spotted and dying leaves - hydro - can anyone ID deficiency???
    #623395 - 05/18/12 10:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i thought i had this problem figured out last week, maybe i did, and maybe i DO know how to fix it, but i really want to be safe than sorry, so im back posting some pictures.

so the problem popped up last week and after doing a little reading, I decided to up the nutes, and it went away. about a week later or so, im having the same problem again. my plan is to dump the water, flush the system, and then put fresh water in with full strength (early veg) nutes.

im using GH flora series simple recirculating feed schedule (early veg) at half strength right now, with 2.5 gallons in my DWC. (thought i would give as much info on the nutes as i can)

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-REC-Charts.pdf

i use grow, micro, bloom, and rapid start. i dont have the other ones that are on that chart.

so my problem is this, i have spots appearing on the newest lower fan leaves, and after a day or 2 they turn brown and the leaves are half dead. they dont droop, and im not burning them. i cant tell what deficiency is going on here. i know upping the nutes helped last time, but it would be nice to know exactly WHAT it is so i know next time.

starts out like: then turns to this:

entire plant:

those are from last night, the following are from this morning. i saw the pH was a bit high last night (6.5) so i dropped it to about 5.5-6, then i woke up and the plant had gotten a lot worse. check this out.

the dark green/light green on leaf in the next picture almost seems like a Magnesium deficiency, but the other leaves that did this first did not show any signs like this leaf is...

i use RO water so i ordered a bottle of general hydroponics CaliMagic but wont have it until next week. thats basically CalMag but GH's version. slightly different.

i may have it figured out, i may not. hopefully someone that knows hydro knows whats up. im a noob to hydro, so im learning as i go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spotted and dying leaves - hydro - can anyone ID deficiency??? [Re: Pilze]
    #623396 - 05/18/12 10:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well you need to check the pH EVERY day.  pH fluctuates with water intake and nutrient uptake.  You also need to make sure your changing the reservoir at least once a week.  Depending on the size of your reservoir you may need to do it more often.  Nutrients are only available in certain pH ranges.  There's a chart floating around here somewhere that Magash has posted a few times.  Next time I see it I'll save it so I can get it to ya guys.

It sounds like you're on the right path to fixing the problem.  It looks like that nutrient set doesn't contain any magnesium at all.  And that with the pH is precisely what your problem is.

You should also get a thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature of the water.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spotted and dying leaves - hydro - can anyone ID deficiency??? [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #623397 - 05/18/12 10:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Found it for yas!

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: spotted and dying leaves - hydro - can anyone ID deficiency??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #623398 - 05/18/12 11:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i check the pH at least twice a day actually lol. i try to be on top of it.

gro and bloom both have a little magnesium in them:

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/prod_labels/floragro.pdf
http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/prod_labels/florabloom.pdf

given, CaliMagic (http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/products/supplements/calimagic/) is an obviously better choice (vs nothing) for calcium, magnesium, and iron problems with RO. i wont have the bottle in my hands until next week. whenever i do get it, im changing the water out immediately.

i have that pH nutrient availability chart somewhere, and once i saw that i really started keeping an eye on my pH. i have the GH pH dropper, no digital meter, which, sucks... but, i keep an eye on it, and fix it when needed. this is really the only problem ive seen so if i can get this fixed i think i'll be good.

ill check the water temp, but im pretty sure thats not a problem at all. im guessing it's around 68-70F

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#623399 - 05/18/12 11:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

sweet! thats a way better chart than i saw before. im printing that one out. thanks!!!

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #623400 - 05/18/12 11:04 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Oops, didn't see the "secondary nutrients" on the site I saw.

When ya can I would invest in a digital meter.  It makes life so much easier.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: spotted and dying leaves - hydro - can anyone ID deficiency??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #623406 - 05/18/12 11:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Oops, didn't see the "secondary nutrients" on the site I saw.

When ya can I would invest in a digital meter.  It makes life so much easier.

yes.. it does make life easier... i wish some sociopath douche bag piece of shit hadn't have stolen my pH pen, inline fan, and a bunch of other grow stuff of mine, while breaking everything he DIDNT want to steal...

i hope he gets his dick cut off. now i have to find 100 bucks and get a good pH meter... and fan, carbon filter, glass, light bulbs, etc.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #623408 - 05/18/12 11:59 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Lame man.  Wish I had extras to hand out, but alas I only have the one pen. 

I hate douche bags that steal from people.  Whoever did it will get bit in the end though.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#623410 - 05/18/12 12:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

lol he is right now from what ive heard. dudes had the cops called on him about 10-15 times in the past few months LOL

took a little while for me to realize it, but that dude is a 100% sociopath. it feels good not to have that kind of evil demon motherfucker in my life anymore.

he was super pissed when he saw what i grew my first time, caues he still cant get good bud and hes in his fuckin 30s and been growing for 10 years or so

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#623411 - 05/18/12 12:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

im sitting here mixing up my new nutrient mix with fresh RO water.

im going full strength with the nutes so i hope it doesnt burn it lol. that calimagic is going to make life a LOT easier. i cant wait to get it.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #623414 - 05/18/12 12:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

3/4  strength man.  Never a good idea to make big jumps in concentration.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#623417 - 05/18/12 12:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the way the plant has been reacting to what ive been giving it so far leads me to believe that full strength is the way to go right now.

i think itll be fine. if not, ill just have to flush when i see nute burn.

im scrounging up some $ to pick up a digital pH pen. thatll be nice to have. i really wish my hydro store had calimagic in stock instead of having to order it...

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#623574 - 05/19/12 09:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

dumped both buckets out, flushed, put new water in, and HALF STRENGTH seedling nutes.

thats 1/4 of what i had put in there... stupid. i know.

so 12+ hours later, both plants are showing improvement. i picked up a pH pen last night so now im pretty dead on with the pH!!! ahhh so much more comfortable!!

ive always burned plants in the past, and it looks like an easy thing to do in hydro, so i have to be super careful here.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #623577 - 05/19/12 11:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

PPM is your next purchase then.  That will help you dial in the feeding.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies