Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Demand the Senate Judiciary Committee Investigate the DEA's Abuse of Daniel Chong
    #621969 - 05/09/12 01:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/daniel_chong

Quote:

23-year-old Daniel Chong was abandoned in his cell for 5 days after a 4/20 Drug Enforcement Agency raid at UC San Diego.

Handcuffed, alone and forgotten in a windowless, 5x10' room without food or water, Daniel began to hallucinate, was forced to drink his own urine, and even tried to commit suicide by eating the lenses of his glasses.

Daniel was nearly tortured to death for attending a 4/20 party, and while this is an extreme case, it's not the first time the DEA has abused its power and unnecessarily put lives at risk.

Can you sign our petition to Judiciary Committee chairman Sen. Patrick Leahy demanding an investigation into the DEA's abuse of Daniel Chong?

Quote:

To: Senate Judiciary Committee Chair Senator Patrick Leahy

On April 21st, the Drug Enforcement Agency raided a 4/20 party at the University of California at San Diego, arresting 23-year-old Daniel Chong and others who had been smoking marijuana.

But after questioning Daniel, DEA agents abandoned him in a cell, handcuffed, without food and water for 5 days straight. Daniel was forced to drink his own urine and even attempted suicide.

The DEA's reprehensible treatment of Daniel Chong almost cost him his life and deserves intense scrutiny.

We, the undersigned, demand the Senate Judiciary Committee investigate how Daniel could have been so abused by the DEA and hold accountable all those responsible.

http://blog.norml.org/2012/05/04/norml-to-protest-d-e-a-imprisonment-starvation-of-ucsd-student/

Quote:

Contact: Michael Cindrich (619) 262-2500 | Lance Rogers (619) 333-6882

Please be advised that on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 4:20 p.m., the local chapter of the National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) will protest the Drug Enforcement Administration’s detention of UCSD Engineering student Daniel Chong for five days without food and water. The protest will take place outside of the DEA office compound at 4560 Viewridge Avenue in San Diego. If you can’t be in San Diego, show your solidarity by joining the protest live online at live.norml.org.

According to news reports, Chong was arrested for smoking marijuana at a 4/20 party with other UCSD students. He was transported to a DEA holding cell and then forgotten about. During his five days in the federal cell, Chong had no access to food, water, or access to the outside world. He was forced to drink his own urine to stay alive. At one point, Chong broke his glasses with his teeth and used the glass shards to attempt suicide. He attempted to carve the words "Sorry Mom" into his arm. According to Chong, he "pretty much lost (his) mind" during the ordeal.

NORML advocates for the full legalization of marijuana so that innocent users such as Daniel Chong are not subjected to torture at the hands of the DEA. Over 20 million Americans have been arrested for marijuana offenses since 1965. NORML believes that the time has come to amend criminal prohibition and replace it with a system of legalization, regulation, and education.

More information can be found at San Diego NORML’s Facebook page.

DEA Ignored All My Cries: The Story of Daniel Chong
Quote:

Daniel Chong, the UC San Diego student who was left in a Drug Enforcement Administration holding cell for nearly five days, said the time spent in his cell was a life-altering experience.

The 23-year-old spoke with NBCSanDiego and said he was increasingly worried throughout the days he spent in a 5 ft. by 10 ft. cell, where he could not spread his arms out wide.

“They never came back, ignored all my cries and I still don’t know what happened,” he said. “I’m not sure how they could forget me.”

As NBCSanDiego was first to report Saturday, the DEA confirmed its agents were investigating an incident in which a suspect, arrested Saturday, April 21, was detained at their office for several days and allegedly forgotten about.

Chong said he was at a friend’s house in University City celebrating 4/20, a day many marijuana users set aside to smoke, when agents came inside and raided the residence. Chong was then taken to the DEA office in Kearny Mesa.

He said agents questioned him, and then told him he could go home. One agent even offered him a ride, Chong said. No criminal charges were filed against him.

But Chong did not go home that night. Instead, he was placed in a cell for five days without any human contact and was not given food or drink. In his desperation, he said he was forced to drink his own urine.

“I had to do what I had to do to survive….I hallucinated by the third day,” Chong said. “I was completely insane.”

Chong said he lost roughly 15 pounds during the time he was alone. His lawyer confirmed that Chong ingested a powdery substance found inside the cell. Later testing revealed the substance was methamphetamine.

After days of being ignored, Chong said he tried to take his own life by breaking the glass from his spectacles with his teeth and then attempting to carve “Sorry mom,” on his arm. He said nurses also found pieces of glass in his throat, which led him to believe he ingested the pieces purposefully.

Chong said he could hear DEA employees and people in neighboring cells. He screamed to let them know he was there, but no one replied. He kicked the door, but no one came to get him.
By the time DEA officers found Chong in his cell Wednesday morning Chong was completely incoherent, said Iredale.

“I didn’t think I would come out,” Chong said.

He said when employees discovered him in the cell that they looked confused and nervous. A DEA employee rode with him to the hospital, where they paid for Chong’s visit.

He spent three days in the intensive care unit at Sharp Hospital and his kidneys were close to failing.

Chong and his lawyer spoke to the media on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the claim they will file with the federal court system on Wednesday.

“He was at the wrong place at the wrong time,” said his lawyer Gene Iredale, who compared Chong’s experience to the torture suffered by inmates at in the Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad, Iraq

The DEA has not apologized to Chong, said Iredale.

The incident also caused Chong to miss his midterms at UCSD. He said he does not know if he will return to school, as his perspective on life has changed since his isolation.

San Diego defense attorney Gretchen Von Helms said the victim could get millions if he files a lawsuit.

"In all my years of practice I've never heard of the DEA or any Federal government employee simply forgetting about someone that they have in their care," she said.

"There has to be repercussions if people do not follow the safety and the care when they have a human being in their custody."

Source: DEA Ignored All My Cries: Student | NBC San Diego

Quote:

Student abandoned in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/01/student-abandoned-in-dea-holding-cell-drank-own-urine-to-survive/

Daniel Chong, a 24-year old student at UC San Diego, was taken into custody during a drug raid and abandoned in a holding cell for five days without food or water, according to NBC San Diego.

“They never came back, ignored all my cries and I still don’t know what happened,” he said. “I’m not sure how they could forget me.”

On April 21, Drug Enforcement Agents raided an apartment where Chong and his friends were smoking marijuana. Nine people were arrested and the agents reportedly seized ecstasy pills, marijuana, prescription medication, psychedelic mushrooms and weapons, according to CBS 8 News. Seven of those arrested were taken to jail and one was released.

Chong, however, was left handcuffed in a 5 ft. by 10 ft. holding cell.

Chong said he screamed and kicked the door, but to no avail. Eventually, he began hallucinating and drank his own urine in hopes of staying hydrated. After days without any human contact, he tried to kill himself by breaking his glasses with his teeth, and using the glass to cut himself.

Surprisingly, Chong allegedly found a bag of methamphetamine in the holding cell, which he used to stay awake.

After five days, a DEA worker heard noises coming from the holding cell and discovered him. Chong was taken to the hospital, where he spent three days in the intensive care unit.

The DEA has not apologized to Chong. He has not been charged with any crime.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (05/09/12 01:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Demand the Senate Judiciary Committee Investigate the DEA's Abuse of Daniel Chong [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk] * 1
    #621996 - 05/09/12 05:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

How horrible.

--------------------

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Demand the Senate Judiciary Committee Investigate the DEA's Abuse of Daniel Chong [Re: FRACTALife] * 1
    #622115 - 05/10/12 12:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow ... that is fuckin disgusting ...

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Demand the Senate Judiciary Committee Investigate the DEA's Abuse of Daniel Chong [Re: Manitou] * 1
    #622119 - 05/10/12 12:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gaskelort said:
Wow ... that is fuckin disgusting ...

Exactly my thoughts,, and not because he drank his own urine.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Demand the Senate Judiciary Committee Investigate the DEA's Abuse of Daniel Chong [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #622139 - 05/10/12 05:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Total abuse of a good bunch of the human rights ... dumb DEA agents ... they should get punched in the face.

I totally meant disgusting in the same way you meant, not for the piss thing, but for the total lack of morality on this case ... I bet the DEA agents smoked his weed and were so baked they forgot everything that had happened during that day...

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Demand the Senate Judiciary Committee Investigate the DEA's Abuse of Daniel Chong [Re: Manitou]
    #622207 - 05/11/12 01:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gaskelort said:
Total abuse of a good bunch of the human rights ... dumb DEA agents ... they should get fucked in the ass with razor blades.

I totally meant disgusting in the same way you meant, not for the piss thing, but for the total lack of morality on this case ... I bet the DEA agents smoked his weed and were so baked they forgot everything that had happened during that day...

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies