Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZBrown
I like girls because boobs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eagle Nebula
Tennessee could become the 17th state to legalize medical marijuana.
    #615219 - 03/29/12 12:28 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

http://m.wsmv.com/w/main/story/57639259/ ; TN medical marijuana bill advancing in legislature Reported by Cara Kumari Mar 28, 2012 5:35 p.m.

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Tennessee could become the 17th state to legalize medical marijuana if one bill continues to advance in the state legislature.

Many people with chronic issues hope state lawmakers would one day allow medical marijuana for relieving serious issues like glaucoma and cancer.

Now, the bill that would license and regulate farmers to grow cannabis and have it distributed to sick patients through dispensaries has passed a key House subcommittee.

"What we've tried to do is avoid the mistakes of Colorado and California. I call them the cowboy states with this, and ours would be the most tightly-regulated medical cannabis bill in the nation," said State Rep. Jeanne Richardson, D-Memphis.

But, many lawmakers still have doubts.

"It is abused, and I don't want to open the door so that it can be abused more and put more marijuana out in the general public," said State Rep. Joey Hensley, R- Hohenwald.

Hensley is the only physician in the House and believes it could also be difficult for doctors to know how to prescribe it.

"It would be a difficult thing to know how to prescribe it or what the dosage should be or how long. So, many problems with it," he said.

Advocates think the issue will eventually become law in Tennessee, but politics could get in the way in an election year.

"Let me tell you the real politics of this. There are a lot of the members, both Republican and Democrats,who feel like this bill will hurt them politically," Richardson said. "I know that because they tell me that every day."

The medical marijuana bill still has a long way to go. It will be in a House committee next week,and many believe it will have difficulty making it out of there.

Copyright WSMV 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

--------------------
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. GIFSoup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Tennessee could become the 17th state to legalize medical marijuana. [Re: ZBrown]
    #615242 - 03/29/12 03:38 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

:sambergfive:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Tennessee could become the 17th state to legalize medical marijuana. [Re: ZBrown]
    #615257 - 03/29/12 07:13 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

That would be cool

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineZBrown
I like girls because boobs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eagle Nebula
Re: Tennessee could become the 17th state to legalize medical marijuana. [Re: KaptKid]
    #615259 - 03/29/12 07:30 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Heck yeah. I lived my whole life in TN until two years ago I moved to TX. If they legalize back home is where I'm headed.

--------------------
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. GIFSoup

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals