Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Loc: Astana, Kazakhstan
Over 80% of the country's cocaine supply contains Veterinary Drug Levamisole THAT Eats Away at Flesh
    #614799 - 03/26/12 07:57 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Cocaine cut with the veterinary drug levamisole could be the culprit in a flurry of flesh-eating disease in New York and Los Angeles.

The drug, used to deworm cattle, pigs and sheep, can rot the skin off noses, ears and cheeks. And over 80 percent of the country's coke supply contains it.

"It's probably quite a big problem, and we just don't know yet how big a problem it really is," said Dr. Noah Craft, a dermatologist with Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute.

In a case study in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Craft describes six cocaine users recently plagued by the dark purple patches of dying flesh. And while they happened to hail from the country's coastlines, the problem is national.

"It's important for people to know it's not just in New York and L.A. It's in the cocaine supply of the entire U.S.," Craft said.

Craft is one of several doctors across the country who have linked the rotting skin to tainted coke. The gruesome wounds surface days after a hit because of an immune reaction that attacks the blood vessels supplying the skin. Without blood, the skin starves and suffocates.

Courtesy of Logical Images
The veterinary drug can rot the flesh of the... View Full Size

School Kids Hospitalized After Ingesting Cocaine Watch Video

Cocaine Vaccine Watch Video

New Science Offers New Hope for Addicts Watch Video

Eighty-two percent of seized cocaine contains levamisole, according to an April 2011 report by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. Why dealers would stretch their stash with levamisole instead of the more traditional fillers, like baking soda, is unclear, although studies in rats suggest the drug acts on the same brain receptors as cocaine. So it might be added to enhance or extend the cocaine's euphoric effects on the cheap.

Despite the widespread contamination, not all of the country's cocaine users experience the flesh-rotting reaction. It appears that some are more vulnerable to the tainted cocaine's effects.

"We don't know who this is going to happen to," said Dr. Lindy Fox, the University of California, San Francisco, dermatologist who first connected the gruesome lesions on cocaine users to levamisole. Similarly, some patients have more extreme reactions than others. Fox said she once saw a photo of a man whose entire body, face included, was black with dying flesh.

Once the drug is cleared from the body, the wounds do heal, leaving behind a shiny scar.

Although some people might be more vulnerable to the effects of levamisole, the drug doesn't discriminate based on race or socioeconomic status.

"Rich or poor, black or white," anyone who uses cocaine is at risk, Craft said.

As if rotting skin wasn't enough, levamisole also prevents the bone marrow from producing infection-fighting white blood cells.

"It's a little bit like having HIV," said Craft, adding that without medical attention, the condition can be fatal. "About 10 percent of those patients will die from severe infections. They may be walking around like a time bomb."

Where i got this info from

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/flesh-eating-cocaine-laced-veterinary-drug-levamisole/story?id=13902353#.T3DdiJQoVyM

--------------------

I am the person that stands in front of you in line ,
The person that you walk by and don't notice
I am the person who cares about you and your rights
I AM ANONYMOUS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O Happy Birthday!

Re: Over 80% of the country's cocaine supply contains Veterinary Drug Levamisole THAT Eats Away at Flesh [Re: Mr.Hybrid]
    #614800 - 03/26/12 08:02 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

I seen this article a while back.  seemed like anti cocaine propaganda to me.

I know a dozen guys who snort coke all day everyday (guarenteed they are chalking up a bump right now),  they are sketchy as fuck, but dont have any flesh eating disease.

I quit coke 5 years ago, thank god i did.  what a shitty drug, that creates shitty drama!

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Loc: Astana, Kazakhstan
Re: Over 80% of the country's cocaine supply contains Veterinary Drug Levamisole THAT Eats Away at Flesh [Re: P-O]
    #614803 - 03/26/12 08:06 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
I seen this article a while back.  seemed like anti cocaine propaganda to me.

I know a dozen guys who snort coke all day everyday (guarenteed they are chalking up a bump right now),  they are sketchy as fuck, but dont have any flesh eating disease.

I quit coke 5 years ago, thank god i did.  what a shitty drug, that creates shitty drama!

True ....

Needless to say I did some like a month or two ago

And I am fine

so you could be right !

But , Why would they wanna scare you away from it when the C.I.A profits the most from it ...

You know
The
Cocaine Import Agency

--------------------

I am the person that stands in front of you in line ,
The person that you walk by and don't notice
I am the person who cares about you and your rights
I AM ANONYMOUS

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Over 80% of the country's cocaine supply contains Veterinary Drug Levamisole THAT Eats Away at Flesh [Re: Mr.Hybrid]
    #614939 - 03/27/12 04:16 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

:feelsweirdman:

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Over 80% of the country's cocaine supply contains Veterinary Drug Levamisole THAT Eats Away at Flesh [Re: FRACTALife]
    #614940 - 03/27/12 04:28 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

This isn't just propaganda.  I have seen this from multiple sources now.  Even sources advocating for decriminalization. 

The drug doesn't cause these problems in all people, that's why some people can develop problems while 98-99% of people who snort cocaine with this in it will have no problem.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom