Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerodgerwilkos
Male

Loc: Albuquerque, New Mexico
What other additives should I use with AN G-M-B ph-perfect.?
    #598874 - 11/28/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I am going to do a ebb and flow table. I will be using RO water. I have heard something about a cal/mag deficiency in RO water and that a cal/mag additive should be used...Is there sufficient cal/mag in the AN 3 part mix or should more be added?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerodgerwilkos
Male

Loc: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Re: What other additives should I use with AN G-M-B ph-perfect.? [Re: rodgerwilkos]
    #600561 - 12/08/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Still nobody? the growery is NOTHING like the shroomery. anyway. Are additives really helpful or is the basic g-m-b all you need?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What other additives should I use with AN G-M-B ph-perfect.? [Re: rodgerwilkos]
    #600572 - 12/08/11 11:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I personally don't use BN's line, but I'll try to help ya out.
Well with a little research I found some say yes, others say no.
What that tells me is let the plants tell you.
Mg and Ca def. tend to be easy to identify.

Wish I could be of more help.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #602897 - 12/26/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rodgerwilkos said:
I am going to do a ebb and flow table. I will be using RO water. I have heard something about a cal/mag deficiency in RO water and that a cal/mag additive should be used...Is there sufficient cal/mag in the AN 3 part mix or should more be added?

I'll assume your talking about Advanced Nutes PH perfect line, since their the only company i know who makes them... the only additives i'd definitely recommend would be voodoo juice and piranha. these are not really flower enhancers though, they are designed to improve root health and will fix most common problems in true hydro systems like ebb and flow, DWC and aeroponics. As for flower enhancers Bud candy and Big bud are great for increasing the flower size and overall smell and oils/crystal production. If you can afford it i'd recommend the expert grow bundle of enhancers... the bundle includes everything you'll need for overall plant health and enhanced flower production.
http://www.progressive-growth.com/proddetail.php?prod=phperfectexpert-c

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
    #603586 - 01/01/12 08:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Im no expert by any means...but I also use r/o water and just recently started using a cal/mag supplement with my feed and it seems my plants look alot healthier now than before I started using it. I would say go ahead and get some,just dont overdo it.

InvisibleK1ngSp4de
Botany Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #611932 - 03/07/12 01:44 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Additives are BS, Lucas found the exact nutrient profile for cannabis which is 100N-100P-200K-60Mg+micronutrients which most nutrient systems have. The closest thing to this that he found is General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom in a 8mL, 16mL respectively. The next in the line and why I'm writing this is AN 3 part is almost exactly the same as that but as you said with a Cal/Mag deficiency. Most reccomend Cal/Mag+ but others just use Epsom salts. Moral of the story is that if your environment is dialed in you shouldn't have any problems to waste your money on additives to correct. I do use beneficial mycorrhizae. but it doesn't effect my TDS/PH so no worries. Dial your environment, and then add things when you get more experience with your nutes, or else you may just be creating problems for yourself.

--------------------
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
                                                    – Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleK1ngSp4de
Botany Student
Male User Gallery

#611933 - 03/07/12 01:47 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

--------------------
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
                                                    – Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What other additives should I use with AN G-M-B ph-perfect.? [Re: K1ngSp4de]
    #611939 - 03/07/12 02:48 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

K1ngSp4de said:
Additives are BS, Lucas found the exact nutrient profile for cannabis which is 100N-100P-200K-60Mg+micronutrients which most nutrient systems have. The closest thing to this that he found is General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom in a 8mL, 16mL respectively. The next in the line and why I'm writing this is AN 3 part is almost exactly the same as that but as you said with a Cal/Mag deficiency. Most reccomend Cal/Mag+ but others just use Epsom salts. Moral of the story is that if your environment is dialed in you shouldn't have any problems to waste your money on additives to correct. I do use beneficial mycorrhizae. but it doesn't effect my TDS/PH so no worries. Dial your environment, and then add things when you get more experience with your nutes, or else you may just be creating problems for yourself.

Dude lucas formula isn't perfect.
It will get you from beginning to end in a safe cheap fashion, but does not address the different phases of plant development.

Lucas formula was developed to help newbs avoid the hassle of buying a lot of unnecessary products before perfecting their environment.
Using the right additives will increase yields, but one should have understanding of the nutes and full control over the environment.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleK1ngSp4de
Botany Student
Male User Gallery

Re: What other additives should I use with AN G-M-B ph-perfect.? [Re: Stoneth]
    #611945 - 03/07/12 03:34 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Very true bro, but I was just addressing the OP's question specifically (Cal/Mag+ with AN 3 Part). You may be able to boost yield with a little bit of additives, but nothing is better than giving it what it needs instead of trying to give additives when not overly needed. Also trying to dispel the myths that you need additives to get quality/quantity (I average 1.5lbs quality bud per 1k watt). I know its not perfect but its a great start to understanding how it works. Furthermore I wasn't advocating that he use Lucas just saying that it is a good launchpad especially if you're unsure of what to use until you get a feel for your setup/your plants. Just as you said, "Safe". Rather be safe then sorry especially when you're unsure on what you're working with.

--------------------
                                                    – Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What other additives should I use with AN G-M-B ph-perfect.? [Re: K1ngSp4de]
    #611946 - 03/07/12 03:39 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

K1ngSp4de said:
Very true bro, but I was just addressing the OP's question specifically (Cal/Mag+ with AN 3 Part). You may be able to boost yield with a little bit of additives, but nothing is better than giving it what it needs instead of trying to give additives when not overly needed. Also trying to dispel the myths that you need additives to get quality/quantity (I average 1.5lbs quality bud per 1k watt). I know its not perfect but its a great start to understanding how it works. Furthermore I wasn't advocating that he use Lucas just saying that it is a good launchpad especially if you're unsure of what to use until you get a feel for your setup/your plants. Just as you said, "Safe". Rather be safe then sorry especially when you're unsure on what you're working with.

Pics??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleK1ngSp4de
Botany Student
Male User Gallery

Re: What other additives should I use with AN G-M-B ph-perfect.? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #611998 - 03/07/12 11:48 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

I just started on my 3rd grow 2nd hydro, but I don't usually take pictures. So here is my current flower room starting out. My last harvest was around 1.5 lbs with just the Adjust-A-Wing 1k and 12 buckets.

--------------------
                                                    – Thomas Jefferson

Edited by K1ngSp4de (03/07/12 11:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder