Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up *DELETED*
    #609774 - 02/18/12 11:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by bm90191

Reason for deletion: /

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up [Re: bm90191]
    #609779 - 02/18/12 11:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i am using floro for veg i think its working nice i didnt know i could get colored ones for flowering were can i get them and how much ?im using  them in my closet too

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up [Re: bm90191]
    #609790 - 02/19/12 12:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:
Honestly I know MH can get more lumens

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Lumens are a unit of light that exclusively measures light output visible for the human eye. Has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) or chloroplast activation for encouraging photophosphorylation.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #609810 - 02/19/12 05:45 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

At $200 each, I think I'd just go with the MH...but yeah, those plants do look beautiful.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up *DELETED* [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #609846 - 02/19/12 01:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by bm90191

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #609847 - 02/19/12 01:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
i am using floro for veg i think its working nice i didnt know i could get colored ones for flowering were can i get them and how much ?im using  them in my closet too

For the regular house hold socket ones I was at wall mart the other day and they had 200watt CFLs in the 2700k range they were HUGE bulbs and fit in normal house hold sockets and I think they only draw like 50 or so watts of actual power.  Like 4000 lumens each or something like that. But if you have a local hydroshop or anything by you just go in there and tell em you need warm color floros for flower they'll hook you up.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #609855 - 02/19/12 02:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:
no offense man but i think i will take the word of all the medicinal growers i know and all the guys who work the local hydroshop...you want as many lumens as possible thats the output of the light the bulb is giving off.  The only point I'm trying to make is the more lumens the better

The majority of all the grow shops out there are there to SELL you shit.  While some are pretty chill and will lead you in the right direction, almost all will sell you something you DON"T need.  I'm not saying high output floros have no use.  I think they can pretty damn handy for a veg tent.  But I as well looked at the price and went with a 400 watt HID ballast instead.

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Lumens are a unit of light that exclusively measures light output visible for the human eye. Has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) or chloroplast activation for encouraging photophosphorylation.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (02/19/12 02:09 PM)

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up *DELETED* [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609856 - 02/19/12 02:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by bm90191

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #609862 - 02/19/12 02:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen high output floros actually heat up a tent quite a bit.  And there is no way to actually vent those lights, which is why I prefer my HID.  No AC in my veg tent sir.  But then I grow in a basement.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
    #609866 - 02/19/12 03:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Dude...

How can you prefer Hydrofarm to all other brands? ...did u TRY ALL other brands?

Also how the fck do floros whaste less eleCtricity?? A 50watt mh is gonna run as much energy as a 50watt floro...i guess I read that wrong? waait......nope

For 800$, might as well go L.E.D.

Btw, 50watt cfl at hardware store??
You meant to say 42watt (200 equivalent)?

Quote:

bm90191 said:
no offense man but i think i will take the word of all the medicinal growers i know and all the guys who work the local hydroshop...you want as many lumens as possible thats the output of the light the bulb is giving off.  The only point I'm trying to make is the more lumens the better

U trying to say u know a bunch of medicinal growers, and u talked to ALL of them? And they ALL gave you the same answer? ..man...why not just look it up? Took me 5 min flat.

Either way, no offense man, but I think u dum.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up [Re: Dimo114] * 1
    #609868 - 02/19/12 03:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No name calling in this forum man.  This is for discussion so people can learn.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up *DELETED* [Re: Dimo114]
    #609870 - 02/19/12 03:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by bm90191

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609875 - 02/19/12 04:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I've seen high output floros actually heat up a tent quite a bit.  And there is no way to actually vent those lights, which is why I prefer my HID.  No AC in my veg tent sir.  But then I grow in a basement.

this has been my experience as well.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#609876 - 02/19/12 04:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:

I suggest checking out some of the bigger reefing forums for a few in-depth discussions on PAR vs Lumens

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #609877 - 02/19/12 04:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I do think they pay for themselves though the use a hella lot less power than HIDs and HIDS get expensive in the 12/12 flower phase, then you gotta factor in the 18-6 veg phase all that HID power consumption is going to add up to a lot of money every cycle, gotta consider the long run to.  The friends I have at the hydroshop are local botany majors too and friends of ours trust me they give us good advice they don't need to lie to  sell shit since the medicinal program kicked in their business is booming!  Like just yesterday I went in to buy some Smart Pots for transplanting and my boy talked me into the Hydrofarm dirt bags instead they were like 3$ cheaper each and are essentially the same thing...in that case smart pots are just more because its their only source of profit where as hydrofarm sells fucking everything they get to sell each product for less.  But yeah theres nothing wrong at all with MH/HPS/Floros its all preference and what your working with environment wise....

Ok, I've been under the lights with this plant since 1985 and I can tell ya there is wrong info here.

Yeah the T5 use less power but then again they put out way less light. Stop comparing like wattage's in order for it to be fair you have to measure light output. How many watts worth of T5 do you need to equal the same light output of a 1000watt hid. More then twice. Now put a 1000watt light in a tent and it's gonna get hot. Fill the same tent with enough florescent light to equal the same light output as the 1000watt light and now it's a oven.
Floros do not put out the same amount of light per watt as HID lights do and what they don't turn into light is turned into heat. They do not cost less to run. They do not put out less heat. There is not any place, or any phase of the plants growth that HIDs can't do better. 150watts of floros can be replaced by 75watts of HID.

Buuuuuuuuuuut if I was gonna waste my garden space, speed of plant growth, and light penetration with floro's (let alone bud yield and denseness if your crazy enough to flower with them) I'd use T5's

Do this with 400watts of T5
Dixie cups, a bag of dirt, some cuttings and a 400watt light = just under a half lb.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up *DELETED* [Re: Magash]
    #609878 - 02/19/12 04:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by bm90191

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#609892 - 02/19/12 06:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Should I really whaste my time on this?
oh well, guess so.

Ok, first off, " I did not try any other brand, why would I if..."

You would do that if u wanted to be a reliable sourse of this kind of info. Everyone you know is about 0.01% of the country's growers at best.

2nd smart quote:
"floros will give you great results when you dont have to use HID for beg and flower..."
Lol cmon... Who ever HAD to use HIDs?!? Ok assuming thats a misprint, I still cant make any sense of what that proves/implies about what I said.

"another point I made..."
Ya smart 1, except I didnt mention that. Now that YOU did...
Putting them closer to the canopy does NOT compensate for their lack of penetration. A 1000watt hps 5ft away from tops will still do better then 1000.watts of t5s 5in away.

ILL DO THIS ONE IN CAPS SO YOU KNOW WHAT IM REPLYING TO :smile:
YOU MISUNDERSTOOD ME ON THAT ONE. AS SIMPLE AS THAT. READ IT OVER.

Its all fun and games till u get personal. Its ok tho, im not offended. I do still THINK youre dum tho. However, I never said you ARE. I regret saying that...got offended when u threw around a TCs advice...
Oooh I wish I was making profit...i smoke rolling tobaco mayne

Ok, ok            ok.
Let me get this right.
You say "...noone's ever on this site..." ? In this thread??
id be very happy to get the same amount of feedback u get...fuckin Magash just commented ur thread guy, what more can u possibly want??
Btw, u gonna take ur "friend"'s advice over magash's too???

Wish I wasnt doing this from mh phone, always wanted to flame a troll...
...this just isnt detailed enouph. Alas, low battery lol

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up [Re: Dimo114]
    #609897 - 02/19/12 07:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Lol u skipped one.
Tis a shame, I was looking forward to loling at ur response

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: If Your Vegging with Floros Definitely go with a Hydrofarm T5 Set Up [Re: Dimo114]
    #609900 - 02/19/12 07:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

being the bigger person and not continuing to argue via a thread for learning, maybe if you weren't a dick off the bat you would have gotten a different response from me...a lot of people on this site have a stick up their ass shroomery was way way more mature

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #609901 - 02/19/12 07:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey bm90191 you shouldn't have deleted the post it made sense to me.

I did get what you were saying though, but what I was saying is there is no situation where HID light isn't better.

You were saying that if a person does have to use floros that T5's are the way to go and I'll agree fully with you on that. :wink:

and folks lets not keep tearing this guy apart on his posts he's trying to help we just misunderstood him.

I'll sum it up again and pretty much just say what the whole thread is about and he is right in saying this.

If you have to use floros use T5's

Play nice
:happyweed::omgawesome:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies