Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Ever done a water detox?
    #609251 - 02/13/12 06:02 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So I've been sick as fuck since before Christmas. I just can't shake this sickness I have. Its a shitty cough at this point, but it started as a fever and stuff.

Anyway, I read about a water detox thing to cleanse the body. My plan is to drink a gallon of water a day for 3 days, and just water.

I've done fasts for trips and shit before, but always drank juice or something.

I'm a pretty big dude, so I'm fully confident I can go 3 days without dying from a lack of food. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this particular thing before?

I'm not doing it to lose weight, I'm not doing it to pass a drug test, I'm just doing it to clean out my body of all its nasties.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: RasJeph]
    #609254 - 02/13/12 06:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

freshly juiced fruit fast is more beneficial.

dont stave your body of nutrients. and this way theres still no fiber so your digestive system can still rest giving your body's self heal mechanism a chance to work.

people get sick and stay sick due to the nasty shit they put in their body.

start treating your body right!

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #609255 - 02/13/12 06:24 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've cut almost all fried food from my diet for the past month or so, and almost ALL soda (one can of ginger ale a week maybe?) and I've noticed my complexion has cleared up SO much from just that little change. (I never drank much soda anyway) I've always had a rough time with acne since early high school, but for the first time in my life my face is what I'd consider pretty clear! Feels good man.

I'm slowly starting to be better about what I put in my body. I was raised for my entire life not knowing what a portion or calories were, but I'm getting a hold on it now. I figure I'm too young to just say "fuck it, its too late".

Now I just gotta stop drinking so much fucking beer lol. I should switch to gin and juice. Drink like a G AND be healthy.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#609256 - 02/13/12 06:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I could probably toss some juice in there too. I was just opting for water because its free from the tap, ya know? Haha.

It sucks when being healthy costs you so much more than not giving a fuck.

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#609258 - 02/13/12 07:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

As far as I am aware, the whole detox craze has no scientific basis.  So you would probably be better off just switching to a healthy diet,  stop partying and smoking for a few days, and giving your body a rest

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#609259 - 02/13/12 07:35 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
I've cut almost all fried food from my diet for the past month or so, and almost ALL soda (one can of ginger ale a week maybe?) and I've noticed my complexion has cleared up SO much from just that little change. (I never drank much soda anyway) I've always had a rough time with acne since early high school, but for the first time in my life my face is what I'd consider pretty clear! Feels good man.

I'm slowly starting to be better about what I put in my body. I was raised for my entire life not knowing what a portion or calories were, but I'm getting a hold on it now. I figure I'm too young to just say "fuck it, its too late".

Now I just gotta stop drinking so much fucking beer lol. I should switch to gin and juice. Drink like a G AND be healthy.

the amount of calories stuffed into an unhealthy diet, compared to a clean and unprocessed one, is staggering.  Hell a large meal at Mcdonalds or burgerking can easily approach 2-3000 calories.  While I used to struggle to get 4k when I was power lifting on a clean diet (I would eat 4-6 meals a day)

not to mention, all that sugar in soda is hell on your body(there's something like 10 tsp of sugar in a 20oz Mountain Dew)

Edited by kyuzo (02/13/12 07:38 AM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: kyuzo]
    #609261 - 02/13/12 07:48 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kyuzo said:
As far as I am aware, the whole detox craze has no scientific basis.  So you would probably be better off just switching to a healthy diet,  stop partying and smoking for a few days, and giving your body a rest

I've heard the same, but I figure 3 days isn't all that much for me.

I must say, I've drank...mmmm, maybe a quarter of a gallon since I woke up a few hours ago and I certainly already feel better. More awake and energetic than usual. I doubt its a placebo effect, because I was expecting the exact opposite.

I'll let ya know how it goes as I do it.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna smoke or not. Only because I know I'll be getting the munchies if I do :rofl:.

I think as a reward to myself for doing this for 3 days, on the morning of the 4th day I'll eat one of my edibles I have saved up. Fuckin' blast into outter space and shit :gameover:

--------------------

Offlineshanker
Stranger
Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: kyuzo]
    #609262 - 02/13/12 07:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If you're sick then you're not going to get better by starving yourself of nutrients.

You're better off resting lots and eating healthy food. Wanky detox fads like the 'lemon detox' are pathetic and can even be harmful and dangerous, especially if one is already deficient in vitamins and minerals or suffers from a multitude of other maladies. Furthermore, a normal person's kidneys and liver work quite well at getting rid of toxins unless you're a heavy drinker or opiate abuser.

Drinking booze while you're sick is not a good go to go about getting better. It dehydrates you and your body spends a lot of energy trying to get it out of your body.

Also, drinking lots of water is good but don't go overboard on it like some crazy people and end up dying from water intoxication: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#609263 - 02/13/12 08:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

do you normally drink lots of water?  Honestly, simply feeling better could be the result of just correcting your water intake to an adequate level

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: shanker]
    #609273 - 02/13/12 11:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kyuzo said:

Quote:

shanker said:
If you're sick then you're not going to get better by starving yourself of nutrients.

You're better off resting lots and eating healthy food. Wanky detox fads like the 'lemon detox' are pathetic and can even be harmful and dangerous, especially if one is already deficient in vitamins and minerals or suffers from a multitude of other maladies. Furthermore, a normal person's kidneys and liver work quite well at getting rid of toxins unless you're a heavy drinker or opiate abuser.

Drinking booze while you're sick is not a good go to go about getting better. It dehydrates you and your body spends a lot of energy trying to get it out of your body.

Also, drinking lots of water is good but don't go overboard on it like some crazy people and end up dying from water intoxication: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609281 - 02/13/12 12:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i had something like that, pretty similar sounding.  i used and expectorant to kick it pretty good.  i'm sure a healthy diet is most important however.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: Blackstatis]
    #609285 - 02/13/12 12:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Fast for spiritual reasons isn't a horrible thing.  But don't expect it to do anything for you if you want it to make you feel better physically.  Depriving your body of nutrients will impair your immune system from doing what it needs to do, not help flush out the "nasties". 

Eat lots of veggies and plant based proteins, and chicken soup type meals.  Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated.  Drink juice as well to get vitamins into your body.  And stay away from drugs and alcohol for a week or two.  And then once you start feeling better wait another week before you drink any booze.

Hope ya start feeling better man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Ever done a water detox? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609303 - 02/13/12 03:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the tips guys :wink:

I'm still bent on trying this, even if its just for science. The way I figure it, its only 3 days and I don't see what harm could come of it.

And yeah, I'm well aware of water poisoning lol. That only happens when you drink it too quickly. The human kidneys (healthy) should be able to process like 5 gallons of water a day. I'm only drinking one.

That said, I have about an 8th of my gallon left, and still feeling pretty good. I did smoke a bit which is throwing me off, because now I'm sleepy haha.

I'd say I drink a little over a liter of water per day usually. Probably not enough.

If I get nothing else out of this, at least I'll get to be really high from that edible in a few days :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder