Home | Community | Message Board


World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecloneufc
Emerald Palace of divine dank
Male

Registered: 01/10/12
Posts: 37
Last seen: 5 years, 3 months
My first mutation!
    #607594 - 01/31/12 08:01 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I planted about fifty Sour Diesel seeds. I got a strange mutation on one of them. Out of the fifty, one of them has a bright cherry red stem. The camera on my phone is not doing the color of the stem justice for some reason. I'm gonna grow this bad boy or girl out. I'm hoping it's a female!
The first picture is what all the other seedlings look like.
The second picture is of the mutation.





Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male


Registered: 01/14/09
Posts: 11,634
Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Last seen: 3 months, 21 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: cloneufc]
    #607597 - 01/31/12 08:22 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Not to be a buzzkill or a dick or anything, but I was under the impression that red stems = the beginning of a N deficiency...


--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecloneufc
Emerald Palace of divine dank
Male

Registered: 01/10/12
Posts: 37
Last seen: 5 years, 3 months
Re: My first mutation! [Re: RasJeph]
    #607600 - 01/31/12 08:27 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Im using fertilizer and the PH is correct. Why would one out of fifty be bright red from the start? I have grown many plants from seeds and this is the first I have seen. It's cherry red unlike the others. I'm pretty sure it's a unique phenotype.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMiscusiM
Grade 10
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/17/11
Posts: 703
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Last seen: 4 months, 12 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: RasJeph]
    #607627 - 01/31/12 12:07 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Not to be a buzzkill or a dick or anything, but I was under the impression that red stems = the beginning of a N deficiency...




I have gotten seedlings of any strain that do that.

I never thought anything of it, few weeks and it begins to fade to normal coloration. :shrug:


--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Registered: 08/18/11
Posts: 475
Loc: White House
Last seen: 5 years, 4 months
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Miscusi]
    #607635 - 01/31/12 12:39 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Woa dude you shouldnt be feeding yet.

And I really doubt thats a mutation, prolly a weak pheno


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMiscusiM
Grade 10
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/17/11
Posts: 703
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Last seen: 4 months, 12 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Dimo114]
    #607637 - 01/31/12 01:10 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dimo114 said:
Woa dude you shouldnt be feeding yet.





I agree, I dont start feeding nutrients until after they're 3rd, n 4th leafs start showing.

(Of course I am using FFOF...So they do get nutrients from the soil.)


--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male


Registered: 01/14/09
Posts: 11,634
Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Last seen: 3 months, 21 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: cloneufc]
    #607645 - 01/31/12 02:43 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cloneufc said:
Im using fertilizer and the PH is correct. Why would one out of fifty be bright red from the start? I have grown many plants from seeds and this is the first I have seen. It's cherry red unlike the others. I'm pretty sure it's a unique phenotype.




I guess you have a point. But I always notice clones doing it, so I figured it was a deficiency or sign of some sort of stress.


--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery


Registered: 12/05/08
Posts: 13,425
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Dimo114]
    #607651 - 01/31/12 03:21 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Not to be a buzzkill or a dick or anything, but I was under the impression that red stems = the beginning of a N deficiency...




I have gotten seedlings of any strain that do that.

I never thought anything of it, few weeks and it begins to fade to normal coloration. :shrug:



Quote:

Dimo114 said:
Woa dude you shouldnt be feeding yet.

And I really doubt thats a mutation, prolly a weak pheno




--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower


Registered: 09/15/11
Posts: 475
Last seen: 6 months, 6 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #607764 - 02/01/12 03:31 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Not to be a buzzkill or a dick or anything, but I was under the impression that red stems = the beginning of a N deficiency...




I have gotten seedlings of any strain that do that.

I never thought anything of it, few weeks and it begins to fade to normal coloration. :shrug:



Quote:

Dimo114 said:
Woa dude you shouldnt be feeding yet.

And I really doubt thats a mutation, prolly a weak pheno







Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 12,037
Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first mutation! [Re: phrostbyte]
    #607830 - 02/01/12 05:26 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

i didn't realize there was anything of significance to this occurrence.  it's happened to me several times.  I didn't think anything of it.  Looks like i should do a bit more research.  also, i can't tell if its the lights or not, but those leaves are kinda yellow on your plant.  that's indicative of a deficiency, if true. 


--------------------





Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 11,753
Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #607832 - 02/01/12 05:29 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Not to be a buzzkill or a dick or anything, but I was under the impression that red stems = the beginning of a N deficiency...




I have gotten seedlings of any strain that do that.

I never thought anything of it, few weeks and it begins to fade to normal coloration. :shrug:



Quote:

Dimo114 said:
Woa dude you shouldnt be feeding yet.

And I really doubt thats a mutation, prolly a weak pheno








This is the fact.  Or it's an extra strong pheno, it could be the only seedling showing signs of deficiency because it's the most aggressive feeder.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecloneufc
Emerald Palace of divine dank
Male

Registered: 01/10/12
Posts: 37
Last seen: 5 years, 3 months
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #607839 - 02/01/12 06:22 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I start my seedlings on fertilizer and never had a problem. I use to use just plain distilled water. Then I started using nutes and it seemed to increase the growth and health of the plants.

After doing some reading it could be red for a number of reasons. Having red stems could be an N,P or K deficiency.

Some people claim the red stemmed plants were their best plants. This seems to be common. I guess time will tell.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMiscusiM
Grade 10
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/17/11
Posts: 703
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Last seen: 4 months, 12 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: cloneufc]
    #607841 - 02/01/12 06:46 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cloneufc said:


Some people claim the red stemmed plants were their best plants. This seems to be common. I guess time will tell.





The few red stems i got seemed to be very vigorous plants... Thats IME.  So id rule out deficiency in that case.  But not ever case is the same :wink:


--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery


Registered: 12/05/08
Posts: 13,425
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first mutation! [Re: cloneufc]
    #607842 - 02/01/12 06:48 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

That's more than just a red stem though.  That thing is pretty yellow.


--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 11,753
Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Miscusi]
    #607845 - 02/01/12 06:55 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cloneufc said:
Some people claim the red stemmed plants were their best plants. This seems to be common. I guess time will tell.





Quote:

Miscusi said:
The few red stems i got seemed to be very vigorous plants... Thats IME.  So id rule out deficiency in that case. 




Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
extra strong pheno, it could be the only seedling showing signs of deficiency because it's the most aggressive feeder.




--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMiscusiM
Grade 10
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/17/11
Posts: 703
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Last seen: 4 months, 12 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #607846 - 02/01/12 06:57 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
That's more than just a red stem though.  That thing is pretty yellow.




Who knows.. lol

One thing I can say for sure,Its not going to die if given love and care, It will turn out to be a nice plant (if it doesn't grow balls n bananas)


--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male


Registered: 01/14/09
Posts: 11,634
Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Last seen: 3 months, 21 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: cloneufc]
    #607849 - 02/01/12 07:56 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cloneufc said:I guess time will tell.




True! Keep us updated :wink:


--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecloneufc
Emerald Palace of divine dank
Male

Registered: 01/10/12
Posts: 37
Last seen: 5 years, 3 months
Re: My first mutation! [Re: RasJeph]
    #607951 - 02/02/12 06:37 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Check this out. Here's a unique pheno call Asian Fantasy. It's reported to be one of the stronger strains to exist. The stem is all red. Click the green box, the growery upload is currenty down at the moment.





Edited by cloneufc (02/02/12 06:38 AM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male


Registered: 01/14/09
Posts: 11,634
Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Last seen: 3 months, 21 days
Re: My first mutation! [Re: cloneufc]
    #607959 - 02/02/12 07:50 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Pheno of what strain?


--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 11,753
Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first mutation! [Re: cloneufc]
    #608021 - 02/02/12 12:11 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cloneufc said:
It's reported to be one of the stronger strains to exist.









Strongest in what way? Potency, Yield, Voracity, Tolerance?  That doesn't look like a very healthy plant.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon pH Test Strips

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* mutation
( 1 2 all )
MFDoom666 5,857 24 12/19/09 12:49 AM
by Inverted
* Some new sprouts, plus mutation. Ganjaryan 653 1 11/03/09 10:17 PM
by Magash
* seedling mutation Farmer Joe 2,154 13 12/25/11 04:47 PM
by Farmer Joe
* Potassium Deficiency MonsignorBerric 455 0 06/09/09 11:02 PM
by MonsignorBerric
* UVB Lights
( 1 2 3 all )
coda 37,343 57 06/02/13 02:23 PM
by Hawksresurrection
* Understanding soil nutrients
( 1 2 all )
SpaceMonkey 20,586 20 09/29/14 07:09 PM
by ThriceKing
* Potassium(K) drwatson 2,740 2 06/27/09 03:52 PM
by drwatson
* usefull banana fem tek
( 1 2 all )
tophernotsocool 5,385 22 05/30/09 05:11 PM
by ethnoguy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron, Miscusi
2,247 topic views. 0 members, 70 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 21 queries.