Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Moderate cannabis use increase lungs performance?
    #605272 - 01/15/12 02:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Breathe easy, tokers. Smoking marijuana in moderate amounts may not be so bad for your lungs, after all.

A new study, published in this month's Journal of the American Medical Association, tested the lung function of over 5,000 young adults between 18 and 30. After 20 years of testing, researchers found some buzzworthy results: regular marijuana smokers (defined by up to a joint a day for seven years) had no discernable impairment in lung activity from non-smokers.

In fact, researchers were surprised to find marijuana smokers performed slightly better than both smokers and non-smokers on the lung performance test. Why? The most likely explanation seems to be that the act of inhaling marijuana—holding each puff in for as long as possible—is a lot like a pulmonary function test, giving marijuana smokers an edge over their cigarette smoking counterparts.

For most of human existence, cannabis has been considered a medicine. Queen Victoria used it to alleviate her menstrual cramps. Extracts were prescribed by doctors and available at every pharmacy in the U.S. According to Fast Food Nation author Eric Schlosser, attitudes toward cannabis only shifted when Americans began to notice and object to its use by immigrants around the turn of the 20th century. Said Schlosser in a PBS interview:

"What's interesting is if you look at origins of the marijuana prohibition in this country, it coincides with a rise in anti-immigrant sentiment. . . really since the early years of this century, the war on marijuana has been much more a war on the sort of people who smoke it, be they Mexicans or blacks or jazz musicians or beatniks or hippies or hip-hop artists. It's really been a war on nonconformists and the laws against marijuana have been used as a way of reasserting what are seen as traditional American values."

Attitudes are changing, however. Sixteen states now offer medicinal weed legally for patients, and the number is growing. More students are now smoking marijuana than binge drinking or smoking cigarettes. Weed-friendly communities like Oaksterdam, unthinkable a decade or two ago, are sprouting up and campaigning to have marijuana revenue regulated and taxed like alcohol.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/8gv5Hn/www.takepart.com/article/2012/01/11/marijuana-not-bad-your-lungs/

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Moderate cannabis use increase lungs performance? [Re: Manitou]
    #605319 - 01/15/12 05:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well Miscusi actually posted this before me, so I guess I am just baked
:awehigh:

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ideal realitY
    #605851 - 01/19/12 10:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i think a vaporizer would be even better  :shrug:

--------------------
Amsterdam Honeymoon:rave:

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
    #605869 - 01/19/12 01:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gaskelort said:
Well Miscusi actually posted this before me, so I guess I am just baked
:awehigh:

lol :awehigh:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag