Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Anti-drug ads finally gone
    #602712 - 12/24/11 02:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Friends,

I wanted you to be the first to know that President Obama is about to sign a law that removes all funding for the federal government's National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign!  You know the ads.  They say that if a young person uses marijuana, his girlfriend will run off with a space alien.  Or he'll accidentally eat his fist. 

Wiping out this ad campaign wouldn't have been possible without the tireless efforts of SSDPers like Aditya, Katharine, and Tim. They travelled from Columbia University to Washington, D.C. for SSDP's lobby day in March 2011.  Their message: stop waging this wasteful campaign in our names.

Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to so that we can empower more students like Aditya, Katharine, and Tim!

This is the first time since the start of the ad campaign in 1998 that funding was totally wiped out.  And not only does the new law remove all funding for the anti-drug campaign next year, it actually requires the drug czar's office to return all $6 million they have left from last year. 

I don't need to tell you that it's not everyday that the drug war industrial complex takes this kind of hit.  Sometimes living in Washington, D.C. can be depressing, given how little progress is made.  But seeing students in action is truly inspiring — especially when we win.

Please support our work so that we can continue to rack up the victories!

Yours In Struggle,
Aaron

Aaron Houston
Executive Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy

http://ssdp.org
http://ssdp.org/invite

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: Anti-drug ads finally gone [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #602759 - 12/25/11 02:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This is a good thing. But at the same time.. kinda sucks. I am going to miss sitting on the couch watching tv, taking bong rips when one of these commercials come on. I always got a good laugh out of them.

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Anti-drug ads finally gone [Re: Miscusi]
    #602799 - 12/25/11 01:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Great shit!

I hope Stephen Herpes will do the same ... not gonna happen at all

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Anti-drug ads finally gone [Re: Manitou]
    #602826 - 12/25/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gaskelort said:.. not gonna happen at all

I wouldn't say that.
Because—you never know.
Ya know?

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #603296 - 12/29/11 11:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If it ever happens, it WON'T be because of Harper, he is way too redneck/wanna be Bush

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineThePoohBearScare
Stranger

#603729 - 01/02/12 11:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

In no way says that the private sector won't take it's place. I don't believe Above the Influence was government funded; what about all the Mother's against groups? This is good news but take it with a grain of salt in my opinion...

Offlinesmokie
Stranger
Male

Re: Anti-drug ads finally gone [Re: ThePoohBearScare]
    #604938 - 01/12/12 03:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I used to be part of an SSDP chapter, makes me proud to know the organization is still going strong.

--------------------
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
- Barack Obama
--------------------------------------------------------------

Have A Look At Smokie's Best Vaporizer
:rasta:

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies