Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery
bag seed genetics *DELETED*
    #595944 - 11/06/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by gorlax

Reason for deletion: male

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: bag seed genetics [Re: gorlax]
    #595947 - 11/06/11 01:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Keep your fingers crossed...and hopefully it doesn't hermie...a lot of the time seeds in real dank bud are accidental so watch out for that too.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: bag seed genetics [Re: RasJeph]
    #595950 - 11/06/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah He's already doing that and praying! He could cover one branch and see what sex that comes out too right? and what are some characteristics of hermie's?

Edited by gorlax (11/06/11 01:42 PM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#595978 - 11/06/11 06:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Covering a branch up would probably be a waste of time IMO, but yes, it is possible.

And theres no real way of telling until its too late unfortunately.

--------------------

Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
    #596402 - 11/10/11 04:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

too late??? late for what??? tell your boy to buy some more of that purp till he has 20 seeds and then sex um. its only too late when you have unwanted seeds. and if you have unwanted seeds you need to reevaluate your relationship with cannabis. only skeevy bud pushers want 100% seedsless bud. if it turns out to be male and you don't have an females to get pregnant grow it out until the pollensacks open and collect all the pollen and give me sum...realtalk

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: bag seed genetics [Re: aljeezzy]
    #596408 - 11/10/11 07:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Lmao what?

I'm saying its impossible to tell if its going to be a hermie until you know its a hermie :smirk: Theres no way to tell by looking at the plant.

--------------------

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#596852 - 11/13/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

^ yeah i got what your saying. Right now its doing great its covered in fuzzy little hairs and fucking STINKS! I spend about 10 minutes just smelling the mofo before he makes me put her away! If i take a cutting clone it can I try to sex it right away or does the clone need to develop somewhat.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#596872 - 11/14/11 05:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You're gonna want to root the clone first under normal veg light, but once its showing new growth you can switch it immediately. I'd say generally about 3 weeks from the time you take the cutting until the time its sexed.

So thats 3 extra weeks the plant will sit in veg. Just keep that in mind.

--------------------

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#596875 - 11/14/11 07:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

let ze clock start! T-3 Weeks

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#596880 - 11/14/11 08:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:goodluck:

--------------------

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#597115 - 11/16/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

another random question. I know this bud is a purple strain. It was a green color but with all the qualities of purple budz. This plant seems to be getting darker and darker every new set of leaves but looks completely healthy with no signs of any harm. I'm guessing its the genetics and hopefully should be really colorful after a month or so. Is this common with purple strains? and anyone got any pics of early veggin purps can't seem to find many threads on purps?

Offlinerockycrag
Stranger
    #597128 - 11/16/11 06:30 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

before

during

after

Offlinerockycrag
Stranger
Re: bag seed genetics [Re: rockycrag]
    #597129 - 11/16/11 06:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you can root a clone under 12/12. which is the only way i root now actually. youll be able to tell sex in a few weeks. Bag seed is some of the best bud ive ever smoked idk whos national anthem youre referring to but it sure as hell aint mine or any grower i know. I collect the shit outta good bag seed. if you know where they came from it helps in predicting what they might be.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#597130 - 11/16/11 06:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gorlax said:
I know this bud is a purple strain. It was a green color but with all the qualities of purple budz.

Wait, what? What are the qualities of purple buds other than the color? :tongue2:

As for darkening leafs, I wouldn't worry about it unless its indicative of a deficiency or salt buildup. I likes em dark green myself :yesnod:

--------------------

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#597154 - 11/16/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

gorlax said:
I know this bud is a purple strain. It was a green color but with all the qualities of purple budz.

Wait, what? What are the qualities of purple buds other than the color? :tongue2:

As for darkening leafs, I wouldn't worry about it unless its indicative of a deficiency or salt buildup. I likes em dark green myself :yesnod:

Well I know this isn't the proper terminology but around here we call it Green Purps. When me and my friend had the nugs we got the seeds from it was this super dank medical and its green but taste fruity, smells like purple but its green. It basically just didn't get the trait to be purple! I have no idea what the true name of this Green purps.?? I thought this was common bud. Well anyways thanks for the pics I can say that the first pic is pretty close to the color its a dark forest green a huge change from the first 2 sets of leaves which were light green. The stems are also showing purple on em. Looks like this is going to be some purple shit!

Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
    #597177 - 11/16/11 02:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

low temps also make buds purp. if you grow in your garage and its 78f when the light is on and 58f at nite when the light is off the trees will get purple no matter the strain. when i think about purple i think about the people who go out in helicopters trying to find trees in order to destroy them and how different it would be if they didnt find um because of the color. camo cannabis

Offlinerockycrag
Stranger
    #597198 - 11/16/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gorlax said:
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

gorlax said:

Well I know this isn't the proper terminology but around here we call it Green Purps. When me and my friend had the nugs we got the seeds from it was this super dank medical and its green but taste fruity, smells like purple but its green. It basically just didn't get the trait to be purple! I have no idea what the true name of this Green purps.?? I thought this was common bud. Well anyways thanks for the pics I can say that the first pic is pretty close to the color its a dark forest green a huge change from the first 2 sets of leaves which were light green. The stems are also showing purple on em. Looks like this is going to be some purple shit!

hmmm yea some blueberries and grapes usually have more than one pheno. so instead of green purps you would say this is a green pheno of ___ or this is a purple pheno of...

in the pics those were offspring from a green bb mother, i found the purple trait and kept it but i dont think purple in the stems mean much really unless its mostly around the tops that are forming..just wait and see.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: bag seed genetics [Re: aljeezzy]
    #597217 - 11/16/11 07:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

aljeezzy said:didnt find um because of the color. camo cannabis

I'm 99% sure they do it based on the reflectivity of the plant, not just eyeballing it out.

Also, as far as I know, purple buds don't all have the same traits. Its probably similar to a purple bud you smoked, but I highly doubt any of it was due to the purple. I agree with you 100% that purple weed looks awesome, and its something I really like to see too, but I'm pretty sure the only significance of "purple" is the color, ya know?

I'm not trying to be a dick or buzzkill here, just sayin' the truth is all.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: bag seed genetics [Re: aljeezzy] * 1
    #597296 - 11/17/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i think that there are also terpenes that are inherent in some genetically purple strains, if not also produced as a byproduct of the color change itself, from cold.

Quote:

aljeezzy said:
only skeevy bud pushers want 100% seedsless bud. if it turns out to be male and you don't have an females to get pregnant grow it out until the pollensacks open and collect all the pollen and give me sum...realtalk

:lol: crazytalk

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: bag seed genetics [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #597408 - 11/18/11 06:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, that could be. I'm sure theres some other genetic predispositions that come with the color change, but I'm almost willing to bet they can be had in the same old green colors we're used to, too.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder