Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Greenhouse Coloured Seeds
    #596799 - 11/13/11 10:03 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I just put 20 Greenhouse Coloured Seeds Sativa Mix them all on different glass of water with diferent tags and put them on totaly dark 50% moist and 20-25 degree and checked them every day,
even after 4 5 days only 2 of them germinated which both was Arjan Haze
Anyway I put them all in soil trying my chance and passed about 3 weeks and still none of them growed
This is first time happening to me, most of the time more than 70 80% o the seeds germinated but I'm wondering why they did not?

maybe I should remove the color with water

what did I do wrong? could it be because of color?
I have more greenhouse seeds, so wanted to be sure don't make the same mistake again
Thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: Greenhouse Coloured Seeds [Re: LSD]
    #596804 - 11/13/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well they can be a bit warmer and what is 50% moist? like humidity? you DONT want to put seeds right into water they need O2 to start to metabolize the internal sugars. in moist kleenex with little to no standing water!  also you may try adding a few drops of hydrogen pyroxide to 500ml of water and use that water to let them soak in. it kills bacteria and also adds O2 to the water just dont use to much.

peace

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse Coloured Seeds [Re: the man]
    #596815 - 11/13/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

at the same time I used about 30 different nirvana seeds almost 90% of them germinated but only those golored seeds didn't
at least from 20 it should be more than 2 healthy ones
I use to put them on glass of water in dark place mostly and the germinate chance for me was better than kleenex method
I think that maybe there is something wrong with Greenhouse company (maybe only on colored ones)
or maybe they were too old

Offlinethe man

Re: Greenhouse Coloured Seeds [Re: LSD]
    #596836 - 11/13/11 04:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

anyway id suggest do the klenex method with the tiny bit of peroxide and place in a bit warmer place most people here are from teh states so dont know C but 20 is a bit low if you want quick germ.

the coating is used alot in the vegi seed market they usually add a antifungal to the mixture tho. anyway coating should dissolve and seed should be exchanging gas and moisture.

what seedbank?somewhere like attitude takes care of there beans aswell as sell alot so fresher stock then perhaps the corner headshop. how long have you had them?

If after you try a different method for a few more days (remember its not uncommon for seeds to take a week or 2 to germ esp if they have a coating preventing water and gas to get to them)  Then maybe contact greenhouse directly be kind reasonable and explain the circumstances where and when you bought the seeds and like other breeders were 100% germ at the same time etc..  Most good breeders will make things right if they know your not trying to pull a scam.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Greenhouse Coloured Seeds [Re: the man]
    #596846 - 11/13/11 06:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I do a damp paper towel in a baggy, on top of my PS3 for warmth.

I feel like the only real reason to pre-germinate is to see what sees are successful...which you probably only need to do if the seeds are old and unknown.

Just start in solo cups and put them under the light with a damp medium...3 days tops.

Don't over complicate the simplest process of growing :tongue2:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom