Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemichaelmyers
Stranger
Advanced Nutrients (soil, super lemon haze)
    #592531 - 10/17/11 11:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone
  Just had a question for you. If one were to grow a super lemon haze plant. would you use 1/2 of what the grandmaster schedule suggests? or would you go the fully suggested amount. i have seen differing opinions and wouldnt want to burn the plant. veg state: grow a and b. voodoo. and b52. they recommend .5 fl oz of grow a and b. and  .26 of voodoo and b52.  so my question is do i use 3 teaspoons per gallon like that suggests or 1.5?
thanks
tom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients (soil, super lemon haze) [Re: michaelmyers]
    #592546 - 10/17/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What kind of soil are you using?
As for your question, I recommend a ppm meter.
Always start low and slowly work your way up the scale.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients (soil, super lemon haze) [Re: michaelmyers]
    #592553 - 10/17/11 02:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Personally I feed my plants 750 PPM using a very basic formula.

If you go to the advanced nutrients website they have a nutrient calculator which will tell you the EC and PPM of your solution when using X amount of each nutrient in whatever size reservoir.

They seem to be more sensible now with their feeding recommendations topping off at 1.71 EC which I think is reasonable, most growers feed up to 2.0 EC.

^ the above is applicable to hydroponics, for soil you'll probably want to use 1/4 to 1/2 of what they recommend depending on many factors such as how long you veg your plants, how rich your soil is, what size pots they're in, etc etc.

Edited by maryanne3087 (10/17/11 02:19 PM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Advanced Nutrients (soil, super lemon haze) [Re: maryanne3087]
    #592623 - 10/17/11 10:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A.N. are made for growing weed, so the recommended levels should be fine for most strains, unless you happen to have a strain thats VERY nute sensitive, if you get nute burn, its most likely due to nute residue build up in your hyrdo table/system. You can stop this by simply using PH balanced water to fill your system with for about 15 mins before adding water with nutes. in other words if you have a table like mine, 18 site hybrid drip/deep water system, when i change the water every week i drain the old water then fill it with PH balanced water, let it site for 15 mins, pump it out and then add the nute infused water. This keeps nute residue buildup down to a minimum.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients (soil, super lemon haze) [Re: HempMaster] * 1
    #592662 - 10/18/11 08:38 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

AN is marketed for weed not formulating for growing weed. There's a difference.

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#592681 - 10/18/11 12:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

actually alot of their line of nutes are formulated for weed aswell as marketed for it. They recently released enhancers specifically for Kush strains, and their sensi grow and sensi bloom is formulated for weed.

--------------------
my current grow

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #592708 - 10/18/11 05:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Whatever you want to believe. Did you by any chance read the reviews? "I got twice the yield I did while using General hydroponics Flora series with kool bloom!" "My plants grow 3 inches a day" "My plants are no longer yellow and are now green, hooray!"

If Sensi two part was formulated for cannabis I'd expect to see a slightly more unique ratio of elements.

Part A @ 16ml/gal

N 186, K 154, Ca 163

Part B @ 16ml/gal

N 46, P 105, K 232

You can adjust the ml/gal however you like but the ratios will remain the same. N 232, P 105, K 386, Mg 40 Ca 163

The formula I use is something like N 140, P 50-60, K 250, Mg 60, Ca ~100 for bloom universally, as in all of my plants will take the same formula. Why? P is excessive after the amount I'm using and precipitates out of solution more at higher concentrations (over a hundred), K is a real flowering bloom booster and find this amount to be perfect to please all of my girls without burning them, the Mg is at an amount I don't run into deficiencies at while @ 6.0 pH in coco, the calcium is also at an amount you would get without additional supplementing when applying 6ml GH micro to a gal of water. I've essentially added potassium silicate and the occasional Epsom salts to the micro and bloom bottles of the GH flora series.

Is this the best formula? Possibly not, will it please a wider variety of plants than the SensiBloom ratios? Most definitely.

I would rather apply some single bottle nutrients over AN's Sensi line such as the GH floranova grow or bloom.

8ml/gal Flora Nova grow
n 217
p 54
k 257
Mg 46

8ml/gal Flora Nova bloom
n 124
p 108
k 180
Mg 62

Either one has more ideal ratios in my opinion. (Anyone who breaks down the NPK of their nutrients before applying would likely agree)

Also, as for the Kushie Kush a couple of people did side by side grows over at ICMAG one person saw absolutely no negative or positive results, virtually no difference in yield, growth rate, etc. The other got better yields using Kool Bloom and the same base nutrients. The first person I'm referring to was using the pre-98 bubba kush and the second was using OG Kush.

I also emailed the AN representatives about Kushie Kush around the time it was released asking what sort of kush plants will benefit from it's application the first representative said more or less "AN Kushie Kush was developed for all california kush and medicinal kushes, mountain region hindu kush, and broad leaf indicas" This would make no sense since I'm fairly sure hindu kush, og kush, and bubba kush would all have different nutrient requirements hindu kush isn't even a heavy feeder for a indica, finishes in 50 days, and is a true indica. OG Kush finishes in 77days, feeds like a fucking pig, most growers say it requires more N, Ca, and Mg compared to nearly everything else. The Bubba Kush finishes in around the same time as the OG Kush(1week earlier I believe) but feeds somewhere between what the Hindu Kush and OG Kush would consume. The second reply I got from a different representative said Kushie Kush was developed for your medical scene kushes and should effect the large majority of them positively.

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#592726 - 10/18/11 08:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Whatever you want to believe. Did you by any chance read the reviews? "I got twice the yield I did while using General hydroponics Flora series with kool bloom!" "My plants grow 3 inches a day" "My plants are no longer yellow and are now green, hooray!"

If Sensi two part was formulated for cannabis I'd expect to see a slightly more unique ratio of elements.

Part A @ 16ml/gal

N 186, K 154, Ca 163

Part B @ 16ml/gal

N 46, P 105, K 232

You can adjust the ml/gal however you like but the ratios will remain the same. N 232, P 105, K 386, Mg 40 Ca 163

The formula I use is something like N 140, P 50-60, K 250, Mg 60, Ca ~100 for bloom universally, as in all of my plants will take the same formula. Why? P is excessive after the amount I'm using and precipitates out of solution more at higher concentrations (over a hundred), K is a real flowering bloom booster and find this amount to be perfect to please all of my girls without burning them, the Mg is at an amount I don't run into deficiencies at while @ 6.0 pH in coco, the calcium is also at an amount you would get without additional supplementing when applying 6ml GH micro to a gal of water. I've essentially added potassium silicate and the occasional Epsom salts to the micro and bloom bottles of the GH flora series.

Is this the best formula? Possibly not, will it please a wider variety of plants than the SensiBloom ratios? Most definitely.

I would rather apply some single bottle nutrients over AN's Sensi line such as the GH floranova grow or bloom.

8ml/gal Flora Nova grow
n 217
p 54
k 257
Mg 46

8ml/gal Flora Nova bloom
n 124
p 108
k 180
Mg 62

Either one has more ideal ratios in my opinion. (Anyone who breaks down the NPK of their nutrients before applying would likely agree)

Also, as for the Kushie Kush a couple of people did side by side grows over at ICMAG one person saw absolutely no negative or positive results, virtually no difference in yield, growth rate, etc. The other got better yields using Kool Bloom and the same base nutrients. The first person I'm referring to was using the pre-98 bubba kush and the second was using OG Kush.

I also emailed the AN representatives about Kushie Kush around the time it was released asking what sort of kush plants will benefit from it's application the first representative said more or less "AN Kushie Kush was developed for all california kush and medicinal kushes, mountain region hindu kush, and broad leaf indicas" This would make no sense since I'm fairly sure hindu kush, og kush, and bubba kush would all have different nutrient requirements hindu kush isn't even a heavy feeder for a indica, finishes in 50 days, and is a true indica. OG Kush finishes in 77days, feeds like a fucking pig, most growers say it requires more N, Ca, and Mg compared to nearly everything else. The Bubba Kush finishes in around the same time as the OG Kush(1week earlier I believe) but feeds somewhere between what the Hindu Kush and OG Kush would consume. The second reply I got from a different representative said Kushie Kush was developed for your medical scene kushes and should effect the large majority of them positively.

hmm, i only know what i have read, and have experanced myself. I have never had any problems using A.N., only have had nute burn once and that was my fault because i over mixed my solution. I've had good results using AN products, but would be interested in trying the Flora Nova after i run out of my AN products. Apart from the base FN bloom nutes what other additives would u recommend to spur better flower production?

--------------------
my current grow

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #592731 - 10/18/11 09:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't use many nutrients.

I use either Floranova or Flora Micro @ 6ml and Flora Bloom @ 9 ml (would use 8/16 or maybe even 7/14 or something since I think 8/16 is a bit strong in hydro and probably 10/14 in peat which was recommended by H3ad over at ICMAG who got a lot of people using the 6/9 formula in coco.

I add .5 tsp per gal of Epsom salt maybe every other reservoir change (1week-10days on, 1week-10days off kind of deal I'd use just over a quarter tsp if every watering), calcium nitrate (forgot I use this as another source of calcium) at I'd have to check my notes I add it to bring the Nitrogen from 97 ppm up to 140 or so. I think 1.44 grams per gal = 100 ppm N/ 100 ppm Ca or something like that I'll double check though. I also use Bioag Humisolve at 1gram/gal this is a humic extract which is supposed to stimulate the metabolism of the plant, increase overall cation exchange, improve flavor, increase nutrient uptake especially with N (will burn easily if using high N formulas). I also use potassium silicate this is a bit of a stab in the dark to apply, as far as I know plants will not suffer from over application of Si under any regular situation using potassium silicate the potassium would become toxic long before the silicate so you can have your potassium anywhere from 200-350 ppm depending on how tolerant your plants are. Using the formula I do you have the major advantage of being able to tweak the formula however you please. Mg and S are added at will with Epsom salts, Potassium Silicate K and Si. The only thing I wouldn't back off on is the Micro because it contains all your micronutrients/trace elements, sometimes I'll remove some bloom and use more Potassium Silicate so my K doesn't get too high, there's plenty of room to add calcium nitrate since the majority of growers are using 200-250ppm N with no ill effect (plants can regulate their uptake of nitrogen), the humisolve is something that's best not applied in excess.

I guess that's basically my nutrient formula. It can be adapted however you like. I like the 6/9 base best since it has low Nitrogen so you have lots of room to add to it. I keep my ratios something like 140-150N, 40-60P, 200-250K, Mg 40-80, Ca 90-130, S 60-100, Si 90-100++.

You can use a lot of different nutrients and get the formulation you want if you play around with different quantities of each nutrient and do some calculations. A grower friend of mine wanted to have her nutrients in the range I use so I played around for a while and got something that was in my target ranges listed above using Botanicare nutrients. It would be easy enough to achieve this with Advanced Nutrients too since they now have "Jungle Juice" which is supposed to be exactly like the General Hydroponics Flora series at 50-60% of the cost.

Offlineknowboddy
Stranger

Re: Advanced Nutrients (soil, super lemon haze) [Re: HempMaster]
    #596277 - 11/09/11 08:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

To the original question - there's no harm in starting light.  It's easier to increase feeding if plants are being underfed than it is to reverse the damage from overfeeding.

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

As HempMaster said, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

Part A @ 16ml/gal
N 186, K 154, Ca 163
Part B @ 16ml/gal
N 46, P 105, K 232

The formula I use is something like N 140, P 50-60, K 250, Mg 60, Ca ~100 for bloom universally, as in all of my plants will take the same formula

Where do you get those numbers from?  What units are they in?  Does "N 186" mean grams?  PPM?  MPG?

Before I go putting any stock in this I'd like to check your math for myself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom