Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

New sprots with white leaf tips and fell like spaghetti noodle
    #591656 - 10/11/11 03:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I just sprouted some kc brains cyber crystal seeds.  the germinated fine.  I put them in rock wool that was soaked in 5.8 ph water for about 40 mins.  They were at about 1.5 inches.  There was 4 total.  2 of them had half white leafs but other than that looked fine just like the other 2.  I go look today and the stem on just 1 of them just gave out like a spaghetti noodle. 

Then later today I went disc golfing.  I checked on the before I left and they were good.  I come back and another 1 did the same thing.  Both the ones that did this had that strange partial white leaf.  The only thing I can see different between these 2 and the other 2 that are still standing was the rock wool cubes were different.  The 2 that are standing were in 2" rock wool cubes.  the others were in 1" rock wool cubes.  They were from different vendors also.  Could the size of the rock wool cubes make a difference.  Or maybe the rock wool cubes something in them that's killing the sprouts.  Maybe the smaller size mad it run out of water too fast? I'm afraid to use these rock wool cubes now as I don't want to waste the last of my seeds. yeesh!  Just my luck! I get some decent seeds:mad2:  and this happens!

Any thought's on this!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: New sprots with white leaf tips and fell like spaghetti noodle [Re: phrostbyte]
    #591964 - 10/13/11 07:43 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yet another stem of a new cyber crystal gave out and drooped over.  I don't understand what I'm doing wrong!? It couldn't have been the cubes cause this is one of the larger rock wool cube ones.

maybe I'm not planting them deep enough?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale