Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
Auto-Flowers Suck
    #587330 - 09/18/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I got these 2 auto-flower seeds free with one of my Attitude orders. They stayed pretty small. They were flowered in my veg room wich has a 1000watt EYE-Hortilux super blue bulb on a 3.o ligh rail mover.
Maybe I need to 'learn' how to care for them better or something. It looks like it will be really good smoke but there sure wont be much of it no matter how good it is.
If I remember right the seeds were like $17 each or more. I just don't see how they are worth the money IMHO. :shrug:

The one on the left is Roadrunner Automatic and the other is Haze Automatic from Dinafem. In high times the pics of the Haze auto are like coke can sized so maybe thay needed to be in the flower room or something. I wasn't going to mess with trying to put them in there.:sunny:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Auto-Flowers Suck [Re: Captain Caveman] * 1
    #587333 - 09/18/11 10:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Indoors I don't think anyone has gotten more than an oz per plant.
Myself only a 1/2 oz per plant.Damn good smoke.

But outside they only get 3 ft tall.
Have not had one stolen yet.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Re: Auto-Flowers Suck [Re: KaptKid]
    #587349 - 09/19/11 07:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Indoors I don't think anyone has gotten more than an oz per plant.
Myself only a 1/2 oz per plant.Damn good smoke.

But outside they only get 3 ft tall.
Have not had one stolen yet.

I guess those could be selling points.
I was just a bit disappointed. Those plants look like one of the small under branches on one of my regular plants. :stoned2:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Auto-Flowers Suck [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #587357 - 09/19/11 07:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow thats pretty weak.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #587387 - 09/19/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When flowering under MH, you can expect shorter plants with tighter smaller buds.
Your yield would have been close to double under HPS.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Auto-Flowers Suck [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #587398 - 09/19/11 12:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thing is, the sky pigs aren't looking for flowering plants in July...so its awesome to have them outdoors and get multiple crops per year. Especially if you start them indoors, you could get real crazy with them.

If the seeds weren't so expensive (I don't care about stable genetics, I just want them to stably auto) I'd grow them all summer outdoors, 5 plants a week in a staggered harvest type deal.

Maybe I'll try to pollinate a female auto this winter, but I dunno if I'll have time. I'd really like to do some crazy outdoor stuff next year after this years success.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Re: Auto-Flowers Suck [Re: RasJeph]
    #587403 - 09/19/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
When flowering under MH, you can expect shorter plants with tighter smaller buds.
Your yield would have been close to double under HPS.

You're probably right. I'll try that next time.:grin:

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Thing is, the sky pigs aren't looking for flowering plants in July...so its awesome to have them outdoors and get multiple crops per year. Especially if you start them indoors, you could get real crazy with them.

If the seeds weren't so expensive (I don't care about stable genetics, I just want them to stably auto) I'd grow them all summer outdoors, 5 plants a week in a staggered harvest type deal.

Maybe I'll try to pollinate a female auto this winter, but I dunno if I'll have time. I'd really like to do some crazy outdoor stuff next year after this years success.

I hadn't thought about that application so much. I guess it all depends on what you're trying to do.:bigjoint:

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #587405 - 09/19/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah. At that price though, I completely agree. Like I said, I wouldn't mind one with unstable phenos as long as it was 100% autoflower :shrug:

Getting a hermie here and there or a plant that yields less wouldn't really bother me in that situation. It'd prolly be fun to see what the different things you get are too.

As for the OP pictures, I dunno what went wrong there. I've never had bad luck with the autos I have grown. I mean, certainly nothing spectacular, but I wouldn't go so far as to say disappointing results either.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder