Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline484
Reptar
Male
Bagseed indoors soil 2x17 W Fluoro * 1
    #572565 - 07/16/11 07:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm starting this a little late, but whatever.
My five plants sprouted separately. My girlfriend sprouted two in tiny cups on her windowsill. I sprouted the rest in soil under two CFL lights in an approx 1'x1'x2' grow chamber. All five seeds were germinated using the paper towel method. Unfortunately I have lost track of which seeds correspond to which plants, because I did not originally intend to journal this grow, but originally the seeds germinated in tiny cups on the window sill were bigger and stronger: I feel confident that my largest plants are the ones that put out the most vigorous growth early though.

I gave away my old grow chamber, and I am now using a lwh 2.5'x1.5'x4' grow box with two 17W t8 bulbs and one 12 V 120 mm case fan. The lights are moveable on a chain, and I am in the process of painting the walls of the box white.

This is all bagseed

14 Jul '11
Five plants in a pot. The largest measures about 6" tall, and the smallest measures about 3.75" tall. They all look pretty healthy excpet that the smallest two are being overshadowed by the bigger three, and some of the new leaves look wrinkled. I'm gonna leave them alone for now and see what happens.
The herb is in the back corner of the grow box, and the plants turning towards the light is what prompted the overshadowing.
I think I've been over-watering them lately, so no water today.

16 Jul '11
I'm satisfied that the wrinkliness on the leaves from the 14 Jul entry is not a problem, so I watered them today. I am confused as to why my plants seem to be thoroughly healthy when I water them every day. It was my understanding that they need a dry period, but when I stop watering them, they just droop. Maybe it's because I never inundate the pots thoroughly. For now I'll go back to watering them every day. The largest plant is 7.5" tall, the smallest is just under 4". Maybe I should transplant the two smallest plants so they get more light, or I could prune some of the larger ones.

--------------------
Какой дурак придумал бутерброд с дикобразом? Он хулиган; он бездельник!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline484
Reptar
Male
Re: Bagseed indoors soil 2x17 W Fluoro [Re: 484]
    #572944 - 07/18/11 08:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Forgot to mention that my plants aren't climate controlled at all.

14 Jul '11
Five plants in a pot. The largest measures about 6" tall, and the smallest measures about 3.75" tall. They all look pretty healthy excpet that the smallest two are being overshadowed by the bigger three, and some of the new leaves look wrinkled. I'm gonna leave them alone for now and see what happens.
The herb is in the back corner of the grow box, and the plants turning towards the light is what prompted the overshadowing.
I think I've been over-watering them lately, so no water today.

16 Jul '11
I'm satisfied that the wrinkliness on the leaves from the 14 Jul entry is not a problem, so I watered them today. I am confused as to why my plants seem to be thoroughly healthy when I water them every day. It was my understanding that they need a dry period, but when I stop watering them, they just droop. Maybe it's because I never inundate the pots thoroughly. For now I'll go back to watering them every day. The largest plant is 7.5" tall, the smallest is just under 4". Maybe I should transplant the two smallest plants so they get more light, or I could prune some of the larger ones. Preflowers have started to appear on some of the plants, and I have started playing them the local rock radio station.

17 Jul '11
I've rotated the pot the plants are growing in in an effort to disburse light to the smaller plants more effectively. The largest plant now just under 8" tall while the smallest is just under 4" (no significant growth). I watered today and raised the lights one link in the chain. Perhaps it would be better to not raise the lights and attempt to let the small plants catch up. I am still considering pruning the leaves on the larger plants that block light to the small plants. The preflowers are larger: it appears that two of the larger plants are female while the other plants have not shown sex yet. I am noticing some purple coloration on the stalk that holds the leaves both near the leaves and near the main stem of the plant. I have no idea what this means.

18 Jul '11
I used a twist-tie to bind the leaves I wanted to prune to their respective plants. Unfortunately some of the leaves I want to bind are near the top of the plant; since I can only fold the leaves up without damaging them I will wait until the offending plants grow more. The shortest plant is just over 4" tall while the largest plant is about 7.75" tall. Apparently I've made a mistake in measuring that plant at some point.

--------------------

Offline484
Reptar
Male
    #573598 - 07/21/11 12:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

18 Jul '11
I used a twist-tie to bind the leaves I wanted to prune to their respective plants. Unfortunately some of the leaves I want to bind are near the top of the plant; since I can only fold the leaves up without damaging them I will wait until the offending plants grow more. The shortest plant is just over 4" tall while the largest plant is about 7.75" tall. Apparently I've made a mistake in measuring that plant at some point. I also dropped the light back down one link on the chain because the plants were not growing as vigorously as I had predicted. I think I will let the soil dry for a day or two before I water them again. I've started training the smaller plants in an effort to direct more light to them.

19 Jul '11
I figured out why my heights were inconsistent. I was measuring from an inconsistent bottom. From now on I am measuring from the soil next to the base of the plant; unfortunately this means that all my old numbers are worthless. Using the new measurement schema the largest plant is just under 8.25" and the smallest is 4.5". I am uncertain of the accuracy of the measurements on the small plant because the tops of the plants are now outside of the pot due to the training. I did not water today, but I will tomorrow.

20 Jul '11
I forgot to mention when I got it, but I have an anion generator in with the plants http://www.amazon.com/Surround-XJ-2000-Purifier-Ionizer-Cleaner/dp/B003SRQNU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311180453&sr=8-1. I watered the plants today and cleaned the attractor plate on the ion generator, but it wasn't very dirty.

21 Jul '11
I forgot to measure the plants yesterday, but today the largest is 8.75" tall measuring along the curvature of the smallest plant (which I have not been doing) it is just shy of 4.75" tall. The plants are bending towards the light, but this is causing the smaller plants to be almost completely blocked, so I am training the large plants, and I am also training the small plants at a more extreme angle. I watered today. The ruler I've been using has a small offset on the end such that the bottom of the ruler is about -.125" instead of 0", thus all of my measurements are a little short.

--------------------

Offline484
Reptar
Male
    #574521 - 07/25/11 11:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

21 Jul '11
I forgot to measure the plants yesterday, but today the largest is 8.75" tall measuring along the curvature of the smallest plant (which I have not been doing) it is just shy of 4.75" tall. The plants are bending towards the light, but this is causing the smaller plants to be almost completely blocked, so I am training the large plants, and I am also training the small plants at a more extreme angle. I watered today. The ruler I've been using has a small offset on the end such that the bottom of the ruler is about -.125" instead of 0", thus all of my measurements are a little short.

22 Jul '11
The soil still looks moist so I will not water today. The largest plant is about 9.5" tall measuring along the curvature of the plant, and the smallest is about 4.5" tall. This small plant is apparently difficult to measure, or perhaps the training is having a bizarre affect on it's growth.

23 Jul '11
I watered the plants today. The largest is 10.5"; the smallest is 4.75". I have increased the extremity of the training on the small plants. What I thought were preflowers have turned out to be more leaves growing from the nodes. Some are quite well defined, while other still look like nubs. I've begun noticing a smell coming from the plants when I remove them from the grow box, though it is on the mild side and doesn't smell too distinctive.

24 Jul '11
I watered today. I've noticed some necrosis on one of the leaves, but it doesn't seem to be spreading, so whatever problem has probably already fixed itself; I will keep an eye on it though. I lost my ruler and the plants growing is so convoluted that other rulers simply will not work, so I will have no height measurements until it shows itself.

25 Jul '11
I watered today and had to raise the lights one link. The nuts the hooks on the light bolt to have become loose, I will need to fix that soon. The necrosis I mentioned before is not spreading.

--------------------

Offlinexbcnfujv
Stranger

#574651 - 07/25/11 10:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

best of luck to you!!!

Offline484
Reptar
Male
    #576170 - 08/02/11 02:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

25 Jul '11
I watered today and had to raise the lights one link. The nuts the hooks on the light bolt to have become loose, I will need to fix that soon. The necrosis I mentioned before is not spreading.

26 Jul '11
I had to move the lights up one link today. Looks like less than a week of veg to go. No watering today. The soil still looks damp.

28 Jul '11
I watered today. I had to move the lights up another link too. In order to ensure that light reaches the smaller plants I've continued tying down the leaves of larger plants. I'm going to switch the light cycle on Saturday.

31 Jul '11
God has deigned to return my ruler to me. The big plant is utterly beyond the scope of the ruler, but I estimate it at 16"; the smallest plant is about 5.25". I did not water today, and I had to move the lights up another notch on the chain.)

2 Aug '11
I moved the lights all the way down so that the shortest plants would receive more light.

3 Aug '11
I watered today. The largest plant is 17" tall; the smallest is 5.5". I began a more extreme training on the tallest plant and raised the lights. This seems to result in more light getting to the small plants while also not burning the large plant as my 2 Aug '11 idea did.

--------------------

Offline484
Reptar
Male
    #581929 - 08/29/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

5 Aug '11
I watered today. I've bent the largest plant around into a bizarre shape that is nearly impossible to measure, but it's probably about 17"; the small plant is still 5.5" tall. I've noticed what appear to be male preflowers on one of the plants. I will not kill it as I require more seeds in order to have a next grow.

8 Aug '11
One of the bigger plants started showing what look like male flowers today. Unfortunately I broke this plant trying to train it, so I used a toothpick as a splint. Hope hope hope.

15 Aug '11
I removed the splint from the male flower. It appears to be fine and it has begun dropping pollen. I put a plastic bag over it  so it would not prematurely fertalize any females.

20 Aug '11
I killed the male and wraped its flowers in paper so I could polinate later. I also watered today. One of the small plants is showing signs of female flowers.

28 Aug '11
I've found that I haven't been watering enough, because the two smallest plants were horribly wilted, but one was male, so I killed it and watered the remaining three.

29 Aug '11
The largest plant is a female, though the smallest plant shows signs of sever dehydration. The middle plant is also definitely female.

--------------------

Offline484
Reptar
Male
    #586597 - 09/16/11 10:30 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

29 Aug '11
The largest plant is a female, though the smallest plant shows signs of severe dehydration. The middle plant is also definitely female.

2 Sep '11
I watered the plants with some nutrients today. I also went through and cut off all the leaves that looked infected. A strange white spot has been spreading around inside my growbox, so I amputated like crazy. I also mixed some soil for the next season, and I started building a screen. I also removed the anion generator and the stereo from the growbox. There are two surviving plants, they are the largest one and the middle one from the beginning.

15 Sept '11
Watered today with some 10-30-20 nutes.

16 Sept '11
The smaller plant had been dead for a while now so I cut it down only to discover that it had produced four seeds. No idea when that happened.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies