Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Ron Paul [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #578372 - 08/14/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Limit rights in the name of progress. See where it has gotten us.

Edited by DungenessDank (08/14/11 06:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Ron Paul [Re: THEBats]
    #578374 - 08/14/11 06:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
But then you create too many complications between the cultures of the individual states and the federal government.  See: marijuana laws.

Also jim crow laws could easily be argued unconstitutional, obviously.  Just because you're pro-states rights doesn't mean any individual state can just make up any laws it pleases.  The laws still have to follow the federal constitution.  However with giving the federal government excess power it has exceeded the original expectations of it power circle.

Obviously some things should be managed at the federal level, for instance it was a poor situation having states have their own individual currency.  But the vast majority of things create inequality when argued at the federal level.  You have situations like in California where a state majority has decided on a law yet the federal government has the power to override what the people have voted on.

And I tend to disagree, I think marijuana laws should also be up to the fed's. I'm pretty against making laws based on morality with no victims. And honestly I don't understand how it is not easily said to be unconstitutional.

>And on the note of cali i totally agree they don't have the right to make it legal but it's whatever. I also agree it should be legal so i'm just not going to plan on joining the DEA.

Really I view most issues like prohibition of fairly harmless drugs just the product of stupidity (read: ignorance, i just like the word stupid more).

MAYBE I could be ok with states get -some- more rights (like have it be ok to have state laws overrule federal). But that's an issue for another day. because i gotta go.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#578376 - 08/14/11 06:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

But wouldn't it make more sense to allow federal laws to over-rule state laws, but limit their power to do so according to the constitution?

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
And I tend to disagree, I think marijuana laws should also be up to the fed's. I'm pretty against making laws based on morality with no victims. And honestly I don't understand how it is not easily said to be unconstitutional.

Marijuana laws are only unconstitutional if you believe in states rights to decide on the issue...

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Ron Paul [Re: THEBats]
    #578378 - 08/14/11 07:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Throw out the constitution, start a federal totalitarian corpocracy with a planned economy, that is going to fix all our problems. How can anyone advocate for the status quo when it has so obviously failed the people?

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul [Re: DungenessDank]
    #578384 - 08/14/11 07:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You're way too radical bro. Ease up a bit.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Ron Paul [Re: King Koopa]
    #578385 - 08/14/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I am radical brah, I'm through with statist bullshit, if I don't pay some fat idiot bureaucrats taxes he will send some douche bag with a complex and a gun to my house to blow my head off.

I'm over my government Stockholm Syndrome.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#578389 - 08/14/11 07:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Rick Perry is bullshit. All the growth was in menial labor jobs, not much of significance.

So why is he the longest running governor in the U.S.? Or in Texas's history?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Ron Paul [Re: iStoner]
    #578391 - 08/14/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Probably because he's good at what he does, but that doesn't mean he is doing good for everyone. Just an example of his crookedness: http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/5546651.html

Offline420smoker
Baker
Male

Loc: Marijuanaville
    #578411 - 08/14/11 10:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This is a very harsh conversation for the Smoke lounge, really guys ease up a bit, politics and ideologies are touchy and everyone has their own opinions, even if you completely disagree don't be a dick, just kindly disagree.

Anyways i think America has fucked its self a lot and we should start over, but the constitution away, and restart the government as quickly and without as much anarchy as possibly.  Things just aren't going the way they should, lets just scratch it, and do things they way they should be.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul [Re: 420smoker]
    #578422 - 08/14/11 10:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

420smoker said:
This is a very harsh conversation for the Smoke lounge, really guys ease up a bit, politics and ideologies are touchy and everyone has their own opinions, even if you completely disagree don't be a dick, just kindly disagree.

Anyways i think America has fucked its self a lot and we should start over, but the constitution away, and restart the government as quickly and without as much anarchy as possibly.  Things just aren't going the way they should, lets just scratch it, and do things they way they should be.

I figure it's just cuz most of us posting here know we can fuck with each other.

I'm to tired/stoned to continue my previous point.

But i may post back in a few days, tomorrow is moving day for me though.

Peace out growerites for awhile.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#578424 - 08/14/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

420smoker said:

I figure it's just cuz most of us posting here know we can fuck with each other.

I'm to tired/stoned to continue my previous point.

But i may post back in a few days, tomorrow is moving day for me though.

Peace out growerites for awhile.

--------------------

Offline420smoker
Baker
Male

Loc: Marijuanaville
Re: Ron Paul [Re: iStoner]
    #578429 - 08/14/11 11:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

We can fuck with each other, but we gotta know our limits im not trying tell you guys what to do... Im just trying to mediate :willienelson:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Ron Paul [Re: 420smoker]
    #578470 - 08/15/11 07:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I spend a lot of time on Reddit defending libertarian principles, and then I come here to check shit out and see I have to do it again, my level of rigor here isn't the same.

Government and the Stockholm Syndrome - Paul Clark

Edited by DungenessDank (08/15/11 08:10 AM)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#578814 - 08/16/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

420smoker said:
We can fuck with each other, but we gotta know our limits im not trying tell you guys what to do... Im just trying to mediate :willienelson:

Oh I know. Just was sayin'.

I should of made this in the dome with the level of ranting I desired. However I'm pretty over it at this point.

Only posted here because yea.

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I spend a lot of time on Reddit defending libertarian principles, and then I come here to check shit out and see I have to do it again, my level of rigor here isn't the same.

Government and the Stockholm Syndrome - Paul Clark

I like libertarian policies usually, just i don't like RP for prez. Worst things could happen, it's just not going to be my vote. Then again anyone on the republican ticket would get the same treatment.

One thing i have thought about is if Ron Paul did become prez.

How many Veto's you think he would get?

>Implying the house/senate would pass anything in the first place.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#578816 - 08/16/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I assume he would try to veto whatever he felt was unconstitutional.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#578817 - 08/16/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I assume he would try to veto whatever he felt was unconstitutional.

I'm just curious how many bills that would be.

This isn't even me trying to knock him on it.

I'm just curious. lol

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#578819 - 08/16/11 06:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

A lot, depending on how fiscally conservative congress goes next time around.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#578821 - 08/16/11 06:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
A lot, depending on how fiscally conservative congress goes next time around.

I'm personally figuring congress isn't going to swing much right, but maybe that's my left wing bias.

I'm just hate house republicans with such a passion I don't know how anyone could (by that i mean what's goin on this class of congress).

But Would be entertaining.

I mean if RP got prez chances are congress could get a large right winged style class too.

There is still another year for congress to win voters back though, nothing is exactly set in stone. And people will forget about the debt ceiling stuff fairly quickly i assume if they haven't been watching the news and listening to it all day every day.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#578826 - 08/16/11 07:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Some economist are saying we might have to have another debt ceiling fiasco before 2012.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#578834 - 08/16/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Some economist are saying we might have to have another debt ceiling fiasco before 2012.

:facepalm:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale