Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Loc: Canada Flag
250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- seed to fruit in aeroponics.... HARVEST Sept 25th
    #573249 - 07/19/11 10:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My homebuilt Growtent - since this picture, it now has wheels (yeah, that's right, mobile grow) and is ventilated out a window (it's hot here in Canada lately). 8inch fan with variac for speed control (speedster hummed) and a massive carbon filter that sits on top of everything. It is sealed at the top so it pulls cool air from the bottom, around the bins and plants, past the lights, where it is sucked into the carbon filter and blown out.

~July 3rd 12 hour RO water soak, then to paper towels for a couple days
-when they all sprouted, I put them in some rockwool I cut down to size.
-July 7th, under the 250W MH, when they started showing leaves.
-July 9th, when the leaves separated, I added 280PPM of nutes.

July 19th, at 900PPM.

I've been slowly increasing the nutes, from 280 to 900, over the last ten days. Just equal parts Grow - Micro - Bloom + about .5 to 1ml of H202 per day. My res temps vary from about 75 to 85, though it is well aerated by design, so I'm not expecting issues.

My original plan was to veg, top for clones, root the clones in the same tub at around 300PPM for a few days before removing them for mothers and fathers (fathers which I would kill and mothers which I would put in soil) and then flowering the topped plants in the aero.

Since that will add probably three weeks at the very least to my grow time , I am now thinking that I will forgo it and start flowering in only a few days (without knowing the sex of my plants yet or cloning them). I want a nice mother for future grows, but maybe I should get through my first one before I think about scrog, sog, mothers and thousands of watts...

Oh also, I plan on using the MH light for two weeks into flower to limit stretch, as I want my plants to stay under 18 inches.

Opinions?

Edited by HippoSex (09/24/11 09:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMuggles

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: HippoSex]
    #573312 - 07/20/11 04:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: Muggles]
    #573359 - 07/20/11 11:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I put a small fan on them a few days ago. Their stems are starting to thicken up.

This isn't exactly my first grow - a couple years ago I vegged a few plants for a while in the same setup, but I had to cut them down before flowering because I didn't have adequate ventilation or a carbon filter.

Here is some photos of the plants I had before in the same setup (same seeds).

About where I am now

at + 6 days

at + 12 days

at + 17 days

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: HippoSex]
    #573362 - 07/20/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Looking good so far! I hope you have better luck with White Widow than I did. I waited 11yrs to smoke white widow, and when I finally got a chance to after harvesting White Widow from Green House. I was highly dissappointed. What bank are your White Widow from?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #573499 - 07/21/11 12:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

They came from BCSeedKing a couple years ago when they first got into the business. I'm hadn't heard much at the time about them, but they seemed legit, so I sent a money order, and I got some seeds. We'll see how they turn out.

These are the last of my WW beans, but I've got 10 Juicy Fruit that I haven't tried. I'm liking the look of Cash Crop Ken's Kish though, from VSB, for in the future. Single cola, 6 week flower time.

So, as it looks now, I'm probably going to veg for about a week more and then I'll remove those green onions and flip them to 12/12 probably under a MH for about two weeks, and then an HPS for the remaining six. We'll see how they like that.

InvisibleMuggles

#573511 - 07/21/11 04:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:strokebeard: It would appear aeroponics is the way to go.

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: Muggles]
    #574276 - 07/24/11 03:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

For someone looking to maximize a small amount of space, like I was when I built it, I think it's the way to go. Aeroponics is definitely the fastest method, but it's also not that hard to fuck up, and if you're going straight aero (like I am) without the roots dipping in the water at all, it grows faster, but a pump dying or some nozzles getting clogged could cause major crop losses in only a few hours.

I wouldn't use Aero for large crops, due to cost and the amount of upkeep required. For cloners and small grows though, it's the shit. Plants react so quickly and grow so fast.

Anyway... so I had some issues in the last couple days. None too serious, but it probably slowed my growth.

Noticed some deficiency on one of the plants a couple days ago. Kind of ignored it, but then it spread to another plant in various places.  Treated for a magnesium deficiency yesterday, today things were a bit better, but I realized that I was just ignoring the underlying problem - I didn't have a way to do res changes. So today I changed the res and installed a tap to make future changes easy. I'll probably aim to do them once a week once I get flowering.

The second fuck up was that yesterday I moved the small fan to blow on the two smaller plants and it happened to fall on the smallest plant - twice. That's why it looks shorter now in pictures - it got bent over quite significantly. It doesn't seem to care though.

Anyway... I'm probably still on target, about four days away from flowering, and with the fuckups hopefully out of the way, the plants should start showing their speed by morning.

*Not pictured, but I moved the tallest one to where the shortest one had been, to even it out a bit and get the small one some more wind.

PH 5.6
PPM 975
Res temp 70-75
Flower temp 80-90

Offlinexbcnfujv
Stranger

#574343 - 07/24/11 11:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

holy guacamole!

those are growing quick!!!

awesome grow!!!

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: xbcnfujv]
    #574349 - 07/24/11 12:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Took these an hour ago, 9 hours after I took the last picture. Note that the front two plants were switched last night.

This is the stem of the tallest, at 6 inches.

Offlinecadillax
BluntGuts
Male

Loc: texas Flag
    #574409 - 07/24/11 05:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS. Nice setup dude.

--------------------

I'm so high I could eat a STAR.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: cadillax]
    #574412 - 07/24/11 05:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:nothingtoadd: :popcorn:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #574492 - 07/25/11 04:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I found an old air pump and bought a stone, so I've decided to take clones and root them in DWC. I expect to take one or two clones each in about 3 to 4 days and then I'll flip it to 12/12 probably 3 to 5 days after that, depending on how they respond.

I'm not sure yet what I plan to do with the mothers, but I have a couple weeks to get that set up.

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#574664 - 07/26/11 01:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Root rot appearing on two maybe three plants. Not the largest. Color change on some of the roots and they clump together

Two airstones went in the res, along with some H202. Res temp 76.

I should have better anticipated this. I'll monitor it over the next couple days, but they might be fucked. In that case I'll clone and chop.

I may clone as early as tomorrow morning if things don't improve. I'm hoping they will though. Not going to do DWC clones anymore, since the airstones are now in the res, so any clones will probably go in some Jiffy pellets. If I end up cloning and chopping, the clones will go right back into the main tub after I clean it out with  H202.

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#574665 - 07/26/11 01:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

[image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]

:cutoff:

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#574789 - 07/26/11 06:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I turned up the exhaust fan, added 3ml 35% h202 yesterday and again today, and those airstones are doing well in the res.

I spotted significant growth on plants that may have been stalled and the bottom leaves that were wilting a bit on three of the plants has disappeared.

So, it may work out fine. And I was looking at the pictures I had posted before - it appears that I'm right on schedule.

Since I've decided to clone into jiffy pellets, I'm going to hold off on the cloning for a few more days (4-5) so I can have at least 3-4off each plant and still leave lots.

I love how fast aero responds.

:bigweed:

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#574860 - 07/27/11 08:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Fresh pic. Growth clearly visible. Tallest is now 8 inches. Roots looking better and growing too.

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#575492 - 07/30/11 05:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Correction, at the time of the last post, the tallest was 7 inches.

The tallest is now 11 inches. I have a max growth height of 20-22 inches.
They're still at 900-925 PPM and they certainly don't want it any higher. At 940 to 1000PPM, tips curl and start to yellow. I've read before that that is typical for White Widows though.

...fuck, it's 4am and I'm tired as fuck, but I want to get this growlog update done. These pictures were taken ~5 hours ago.

I don't know what sex they are yet. I am seeing early pre-flowers, but nothing definitive yet. I haven't sexed a plant before. I'll figure it out though or post macro shots in a few days.

Anyway, I was thinking about my options in regards to the clones - none of the options good. All either cost money or risked the clones. Sooooo........ I invested and built an aerocloner.

Had to buy a bunch of shit too. A $60 drill, some bits, a hand saw (should have got a hack saw), and a hole cutter. In addition to the aerocloner parts and $100 of lights.

Anyway, it has a 26 clone capacity and I've got four 2ft T5s to go over top, a total of 96 watts. I don't have a box for it though. I think I need to get a cabinet that I can put all my shit in. That way I can filter the intake air too, which I can't do now. The carpet is not clean. Should hit some garage sales.

Probably going to clone tomorrow. Will probably just take a couple from each plant, then flower switch to 12/12 within 2/3 days. Definitely going to keep the MH bulb in until the plants stop stretching after I flip them to 12/12. I've never cloned before so I'm anxious about it.

Also, I picked up a liter of Sensizym and added 2ml/L to my res - it's currently busy eating dead roots from the aforementioned root rot that I already took care of.

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#576280 - 08/03/11 01:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT

lawl...:nyan:

Tallest is 17 inches now, and has reached up and burned itself on the bulb twice. The rest are a few behind. Had to do some turning and shit today because the 1's fan leaves were completely covering 2. All is good though, except my issue with maximum height of course, but I'll try to move stuff around enough after I kill the males.

I did the cloning a few days ago, on the 31st. No roots yet but they look healthy so they'll probably pop soon. Has only been two days. I trimmed up some of the unhealthy bottom leaves to get some air flow. So far it looks pretty good. I started flowering the flowering cycle right after I took the cuttings.

ANYWAY, I've got a sortation system.

1 - Front left(tallest) - FEMALE
2 - Front right - hasn't shown
3 - back right - Male - will chop in a day or two.
4 - back left - hasn't shown

I'm stoked that #1 is a girl. I'm also stoked that I cloned her.

so right now I'm just running grow - micro - bloom and bud candy, with some sensizym, which really did wonders for my roots.

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#576290 - 08/03/11 03:12 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm probably going to end up making some DWC buckets for the mothers in the coming couple weeks, just because aero would be completely unnecessary, and because soil sucks balls.

Here's my aerocloner BTW. It has 96w of 6500k flouros over it, but I'm only using 48w at the moment since they don't need it. They're on 18/6 with the pump running 24/7. Their leaves haven't drooped, even though they don't have roots yet. This picture was taken when I first put them in, though they look the same now.

Some of those clones are extremely small, but I only need one good one for a mother, the rest are backups, so I didn't want to take any more from the plant than I had to. I took all bottom shoots, nothing that was getting sunlight.

Oh and here's my variac. It works very well. No hum, unlike the Speedster. Can be used on pumps too.

I am looking forward to smoking these plants. :bonghit2:
new pic

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#576462 - 08/03/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I'm boned. I've got four more inches I can raise the lights. I should get a fucking 1000 watt and move them into a bigger spot.

I guess I'll start some LST or some shit. ehh...

anyway, I want to get as many of these fuckers out of there as possible. Here's some pics from # 3, who I figure is male.

First time I've sexed a plant though, so I want confirmation.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order