Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Elephants
    #571262 - 07/11/11 08:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Like us, elephants "bury" their dead, covering a body with sticks and leaves; they
grieve and mourn a lost loved one as deeply as any human, returning to the remains to pay
their respects periodically, and for years afterwards. Like us, elephants remember - in
fact, they never forget, so they are constantly in touch with friends and loved ones
throughout their life.

Amazing!

Elephant Funeral:

makes me wanna :cryariver:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Elephants [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #571264 - 07/11/11 08:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

BBC thangs about elephant thangs

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Elephants [Re: I_AM_SWIM] * 1
    #571268 - 07/11/11 08:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I love elephants also.

I watched a TV show about killer elephants. They dig big holes and fill them up with apples. Then they wait for them to ferment and get fucking wasted :lol:. Then sometimes they just go on drunk murdering sprees.

There was an elephant in India who was clever enough to knock on peoples doors to kill them. They'd come open the door to see who was there and he'd shake the fuck out of them until they were dead.

Not that I'm saying all elephants are murderers or bad. I just thought those things were funny. I guess the door to door killer was fucked with by people so much that he had enough of their shit and started killing everyone.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
Re: Elephants [Re: RasJeph]
    #571273 - 07/11/11 09:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If i was a elephant id be planting some choice seeds and get the whole pack wasted :smilingpuppy:

--------------------
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Elephants [Re: Alounacara]
    #571275 - 07/11/11 09:35 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Elephants prolly eat shrooms. They grow on their shit, right?

Edit: OK, maybe not. but heres a cracked article on them drinking haha.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17032_7-species-that-get-high-more-than-we-do.html

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineMoonajuana Time
doin'

Re: Elephants [Re: RasJeph]
    #571335 - 07/11/11 02:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i know they like to get dronk :smile2:

animals gettin' dronk

--------------------
doin doin'

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Elephants [Re: Moonajuana Time]
    #571347 - 07/11/11 04:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

lol i love the giraffe gettin' dr00nk

never knew so many animals were doin' thangs.

this gives me a great idea for an argumentative paper for the legalization of :happyweed:

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs

#571365 - 07/11/11 06:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

feels elephants man

Note 2 Mods: This is my growin' account. The one I use to do grow log thangs. I'm not going to troll with it. Plus I'm sick of the underscores in between my name, it's messy and looks bad man.

--------------------
:feelshighman:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Elephants [Re: I AM SWIM] * 1
    #571368 - 07/11/11 06:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Approved cultivation puppets are not allowed in TSL.

At least mine is not.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Edited by KaptKid (07/11/11 06:52 PM)

InvisibleFractalDust
∞ ♥
 User Gallery

Loc: Eternal moment
Re: Elephants [Re: I AM SWIM] * 2
    #571370 - 07/11/11 07:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
Note 2 Mods: This is my growin' account. The one I use to do grow log thangs. I'm not going to troll with it.

You shouldn't troll with any account, troll.

--------------------

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....

Re: Elephants [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #571378 - 07/11/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You are so banned *toot toot:smilingpuppy:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name..

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Elephants [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #571383 - 07/11/11 08:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
feels elephants man

Note 2 Mods: This is my growin' account. The one I use to do grow log thangs. I'm not going to troll with it. Plus I'm sick of the underscores in between my name, it's messy and looks bad man.

And you're out of here!:lol:

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....

Re: Elephants [Re: Stoneth]
    #571391 - 07/11/11 09:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hes a dumbass:smilingpuppy:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name..

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Elephants [Re: KaptKid] * 2
    #574456 - 07/24/11 10:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
feels elephants man

And you're out of here!:lol:

First of all, this was probably one of the lamest bans I've ever been banned for.
I'm pretty much disappointed in this website, and The Shroomery.
It's fine though, because there are tons of other sites I can go to, and not have
to deal with this kind of bullshit.

But I'm glad you got a laugh out of it, I didn't.

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
Note 2 Mods: This is my growin' account. The one I use to do grow log thangs. I'm not going to troll with it.

You shouldn't troll with any account, troll.

I'm upset that you think I'm a troll. Just because I like to type in a
relaxed style, and don't pay attention to grammar, and abuse some of the graemlins
here doesn't mean that I'm trolling. I would look up the definition of trolling, because I don't really bring on any negativity to this website.
And if people have questions I usually answer them legitimately,
especially if it's in a :pm:

I'm upset, because I've always enjoyed your posts on The Shroomery, and
thought you were a great person. I should have known better considering that appearances are usually deceiving. So I'm kind of shocked you would say
something like this. But then again, I'm not that shocked, because we never have
had a legitimate conversation with one-another, and not everything is how it appears.

Quote:

Alounacara said:
Hes a dumbass:smilingpuppy:

Wow, way to go! You don't know anything about me.

People forget that there are literally other human beings behind these avatars, and
that words are one of the most powerful things that exist, and can be a benefit/detriment
psychologically. Fortunately I understand that people that usually troll and flame other
people have their own issues that need to be worked out.

By the way, you spelled dumb ass wrong. :themoreyouknow:

Grow up.

But I'm guessing that is why you are on The Growery -- A little nursery for growing up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Approved cultivation puppets are not allowed in TSL.

At least mine is not.

Thanks for the response. I didn't know about this.

Anyway, my plants are doing great, I'm doing one full grow using only LED lights, and
my other set up is CFL. I can't wait until I can start using my Tigerbloom.

I know that LED growlogs are rare, and would have posted a growlog on this website,
but after this lame ban, I don't think I want to contribute anything to a site that treats its members like shit.

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#574469 - 07/25/11 12:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

cool

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#574522 - 07/25/11 11:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Lame bullshit banning, :lol:.
You sir are fully capable of reading, the rules about puppets are clearly written.
It's not my fault you choose to break the rules nor is it your first time getting banned for breaking rules, so grow up, move on, and enjoy the site.

As for the LED grow there seems to be a few here, would love for you to share yours with us.

All I ask of any of our members is to follow the rules of the site, and have a good time.:yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#574541 - 07/25/11 02:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
It's not my fault you choose to break the rules nor is it your first time getting banned for breaking rules

I didn't 'choose' to break the rules, I was simply unaware of them.
And I don't see how the fact that it's not my first ban for breaking the rules has anything to do with it.

Quote:

so grow up, move on, and enjoy the site.

I don't want to grow up, because I don't want to die. And believe me, I've already moved on.
The site would be a lot more enjoyable if I didn't get banned for BS reasons.
There are plenty of people that already agree with me that this ban was lame.

:leaving:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#574542 - 07/25/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I didn't 'choose' to break the rules, I was simply unaware of them.
And I don't see how the fact that it's not my first ban for breaking the rules has anything to do with it.

After 13 bans, you should have took time to read and know the rules.:lol:

Quote:

The site would be a lot more enjoyable if I didn't get banned for BS reasons.
There are plenty of people that already agree with me that this ban was lame.

:rofl:
Have a nice day.
Follow the forum rules, and you'll have nothing at all to cry about.

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle
Stranger

#574548 - 07/25/11 03:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ironic how some people are being malicious in this thread and instead of discussing elephants are just here to give SWIM a hard time

He never does stuff like that, and any of his responses that are remotely negative are only in reaction to being unfairly treated like shit, and even those are relatively docile...

If you really don't like the guy, put him on ignore, and quit giving him a hard time. Some of us truly love him, and he has made a greater impact on some of us than any amount of hypocrisy or unjust treatment from various members on these sites can ever compare to

now back to elephants:

Quote:

The elephant brain is denser than the human's, and the temporal lobes, associated to memory, are more developed than in humans.
Elephant's lobes also have more foldings, so that they can store more information. That's why elephants have excellent memory.

But why? Elephants can recognize over 200 different individuals. This is essential, as females depend on one another for raising the young, more than in the case of other mammals. A mother can remember who is trustful and complex bounds are the bricks of elephants' society, while the memory is the cement. When two elephants approach one another, they emit a "contact appeal": if the other recognizes the appeal, it responds and approaches; if not, it starts to agitate and adopts a defensive position. This capacity of recognition lasts a very long time, even after one individual is dead: even the recording of a dead animal attracted the attention of its relatives and descendants.

The group life allows the elephants to raise their young together. A female gives birth, in the best case, to one young every 4 years, and this one will be well cared.

In critical moments, the family stand on the experience of the oldest and wisest female in the group, called matriarch. She controls the daily activity of the herd and leads the family in areas outside the normal domain. Now, her remarkable memory is employed. She will remember where to go during drought periods and what to do in case of danger, as she already passed through these situations, and the older she is, the more effective she is. Her death is tragic for the group, and poachers usually target her, as she possesses the largest tusks in the herd of females.

But the good memory can have bad effects. A female may remember good feeding places now replaced by crops, and this how human-elephant conflict emerges. And in the end, the elephant always loses.

Males have a very different behavior. They leave the maternal group when adolescent, living a solitary life, wandering around in search of mates. Young males are disadvantaged by their smaller size; females will always reject them. Males can also fight for access to females. The fights are violent, even deadly, that's why a good memory can bring important information about the rivals, since the test fights of the elephant's "childhood". This way, the male knows a lot about the force of the other competitors. But the order can turn into chaos when a male enters a special heat period, called musth, when he turns extremely aggressive due to an overload of testosterone. If a female in heat is nearby, males in musth may fight to death.

Mating requires perfect synchronization. A male can wait 40 years to mate, so that he must know with precision when the female is fertile, meaning 2 days in 4 years! In the rest of the name she is pregnant or suckling a young.

People were amazed for long by the elephants' amazing communication ability. About three decades ago, it was discovered that they use infrasounds, sounds under 16 Hz, which humans cannot hear, to sends signals to other elephants up to 20 km (12.5 mi) away. Sounds we hear do not go far because they are shattered easily by obstacles, like trees or bushes. But infrasounds go around the obstacles, without being shattered, so that they propagate on longer distances.

When emitting infrasounds, elephants use to flutter their ears in a specific way. When they "chat", the fluttering is very slow, but when they greet, the fluttering is rapid. Of course, not all they emitted sounds are infrasounds; some can be heard by humans. Calls have various meanings, like "Let's go!" or :"I want more milk", and over 35 different calls were identified: grumbles, lows, snorings, groans or roars, each with a different signification. This communication is at least as sophisticated as that used by apes and cetaceans.

Some consider elephants to posses consciousness: they have emotions and feelings one for another. The way how they behave with the body of a dead elephant seems to confirm this. It's like they would understand death. They turn the bones and examine each crack, like wanting to wake up a sleeping baby.

--------------------
got this shadow in my shoes

got this blackness in my blues

if we're lost, how can we lose?

Edited by the bizzle (07/25/11 03:17 PM)

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Elephants [Re: the bizzle]
    #574554 - 07/25/11 04:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Ironic how some people are being malicious in this thread and instead of discussing elephants are just here to give SWIM a hard time

He never does stuff like that, and any of his responses that are remotely negative are only in reaction to being unfairly treated like shit, and even those are relatively docile...

If you really don't like the guy, put him on ignore, and quit giving him a hard time. Some of us truly love him, and he has made a greater impact on some of us than any amount of hypocrisy or unjust treatment from various members on these sites can ever compare to

:sambergfive:
Great man

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom