Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Watering questions.
    #567841 - 06/27/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Since I started growing I have always had trouble with watering it always seems to go wrong every time. For example People say to water till it drips out the bottom of the pot. But when I would have a Week and a half old Sprout in a Keg Cup And water it till it drips out(and when I mean drip out not water going down the edge of the cup dripping out I mean watering slow so it goes through the soil evenly) It would eventually turn into a over watering disaster. Like I need a proper watering technique. From seedlings To bushes to 1 quart pots to 5 gallon pots how Can I properly water the correct way. I just need advice is all. It would be much appreciated. I know this shouldn't be as hard as I am making it. I just want the best for my baby right now :frown:
I have a week old sprout in a Root Riot cube And I am thinking of putting it in a 1 quart pot with some of my Happy Frog Organic Soil. What do you think? Should I use the bigger Gallon Pot instead?

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Watering questions. [Re: critik]
    #567861 - 06/27/11 06:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

In soil I use the 18 oz party cup. They come in red and blue. Put a 1/2 inch hole in bottom.

Water till it comes out the bottom and wait for it to go dry whitout the plant willting.

Pick the plant up after watering. Pick up next day. You will see the differance in weight.

After rereading, Explain over water disaster more???

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
    #567862 - 06/27/11 06:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You just need to let the plant grow more. It isn't going to be rootbound that young so it only needs enough water to wet the roots and soil around them, the rest of the soil in the bottom of the cup can stay fairly dry if there's no roots in it. It's hard to give advice for watering because everyones environment is different.
I suggest using a spray bottle on the mist setting to water seedlings. For seedlings it's pretty easy to tell if the cubes or soil is dry. Once they're in the vegetative stage you can gently stick your finger into the soil about an inch deep, if its moist your good, if it's dry it needs some water. The older the plant gets the easier it is to water IMO. The plant will tell you when it needs water and when your overwatering, just pay close attention to it.
I would transplant the riot cube into the gallon pot. Ideally you don't want to transplant them at all, so the bigger the pot the better.

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Watering questions. [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #567913 - 06/27/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Heres and example of the over watering problem.

And this one.

And I am not sure if this one was some kind of Lock out or salt build up or what. these are all from previous grows. 

this is the same plant in the third picture only later. But I was watering it with a half gallon I believe and it would droop quite a bit after watering and showed lots of issues.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#567927 - 06/27/11 10:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Do you know what your pH is?

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Watering questions. [Re: KaptKid]
    #567993 - 06/28/11 05:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i did not check it. But does that seem what the problem is in those pictures? I need to read up on PPM and Ph and all that stuff I haven't quite nailed that yet.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#567999 - 06/28/11 06:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pH being off will cause nute lock out.

May not have an over watering problem at all.

pH drops cost 5 to 7 dollars. GH has the best drops IMO.
At least ck water run off for pH, ck'ing soil pH is even better.

--------------------

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: Watering questions. [Re: KaptKid]
    #568020 - 06/28/11 11:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-pH-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY this kit it awesome if you don't have the cash for a meter :awesome:

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: Watering questions. [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #568171 - 06/28/11 08:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thats a damn good deal.

$15 more at the hydro store.

What u need to get started.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds