Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineninja cat 09
Made you look
Male

Loc: Mexico Flag
Super cali haze questions
    #565636 - 06/19/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I recently ordered some Super cali haze from shortstuff seeds, would it be ok to LST it even though it is an auto? What can I do to reduce it's height?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Super cali haze questions [Re: ninja cat 09]
    #565675 - 06/19/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I would be careful with autos...If you do it you better do it while they are seedlings and dont do it anymore after the first 2-3 weeks.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #565735 - 06/19/11 04:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I too posted this question for some short ryder i picked up. These were the answers i received.

Quote:

lsatrap said:
I've got blueberry autos going outdoors. I topped a couple and the others I didn't. To be honest the ones that are not topped seem to be doing better. They are little but it looks as if I will get up to a half oz from each. They are pretty thick.  Autos have such a short cycle it doesn't give them much time in veg so I believe the topping is stressing them to long. IDK.

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Auto's show sex by end of week 3. Not much time for veg.You can LST them if  they need to be keep down.
I don't top them. Seem to repond slow and did not get as much weight as non toped ones.
Only one out door grow, got to 2 1/2 feet. 4 indoor grows.
Didn't weigh them, got seeded. Thought I pulled all the males before pollen got out but being outdoors u never know.

Good luck to you. Hope to see a log!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlineninja cat 09
Made you look
Male

Re: Super cali haze questions [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #565832 - 06/19/11 11:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the answers guys, the reason I asked about super cali haze and not auto flowers in general is because the haze can grow up to 2 metres and takes around 120 days to mature, thing is I don't have that much space to work with and am still wondering if anybody has experience LSTing this specific strain.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#565834 - 06/19/11 11:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Not with that specific strain no, but if it isn't a true auto flower I would do it a week or two before they start flowering, maybe as you see the preflowers.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Super cali haze questions [Re: mhbound]
    #565864 - 06/20/11 06:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Super autos (from what I've read) veg for 6-8 weeks before flowering automatically. I would think that's enough to do some training, possibly even some topping or supercropping..are you growing inside or out?

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Super cali haze questions [Re: Hendershot]
    #565866 - 06/20/11 06:26 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I don't know much about these new breeds of them I've only dealt with them once the lowryders and I won't grow them again I don't think...They work a little different they flower just a couple weeks in.

But either way yea he should be able to tie them at least up until the first few weeks.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#565868 - 06/20/11 06:38 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Correction- this is quoted from stitch

"wel the flowering period is long, starting between weeks 4/5 and finish plants between weeks 14/16... so almost 10 week in general! from week 9/10 plant just stop usualy to grow up and just flower.

turning light regimen is maybe a way to cut a bit the preflowering process but not tomuch good for auto plants coz in general auto plants loves light, lots of light and many time if they have big miss of light, they can just....die!!!

anyway i didn't maid all the test about flowering imrovement, coz no tiem and not enough space"

With 4-5 weeks of straight veg you could prolly tie her down some, just take it easy. I would say super low stress traing for super autos..

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Offlineninja cat 09
Made you look
Male

#565895 - 06/20/11 09:48 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys! Growing outdoors BTW, but light cycles here don't get any longer than 14 hours.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies